Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

tcu-Oregon reminded me of being at Marshall-ecu bowl game
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
tcu-Oregon reminded me of being at Marshall-ecu bowl game
I'm part of Coach Pruett's family, so I was at that bowl and many other incredible Herd games. I left the halftime locker room really wanting to drive back to Mississippi. Thank goodness everyone else in that locker room believed they would come back to win. Wild.

I turned tonight's bowl game at half and just saw the final score. Crazy stuff.
01-02-2016 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DFWDawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: tcu-Oregon reminded me of being at Marshall-ecu bowl game
After all the blow outs, that was a great game. Congrats TCU. What an amazing win.
01-02-2016 11:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
TCU was down 31-0 to Oregon at halftime, and came back to win in the 3rd OT. WOW!

According to the TV announcers, TCU's comeback matched the greatest comeback in the NCAA's long Bowl history. And no.....they didn't mention who the other schools were that were involved in the other 31-point comeback.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 11:17 PM by HogDawg.)
01-02-2016 11:15 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I thought Marshall was down by 30, so I bet there was another game if they tied a record of 31.
01-02-2016 11:23 PM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
That QB #6 played the game of his life. Only start he ever had in a college game.
01-02-2016 11:29 PM
Advertisement

NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
Re: RE: tcu-Oregon reminded me of being at Marshall-ecu bowl game
(01-02-2016 11:15 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  TCU was down 31-0 to Oregon at halftime, and came back to win in the 3rd OT. WOW!

According to the TV announcers, TCU's comeback matched the greatest comeback in the NCAA's long Bowl history. And no.....they didn't mention who the other schools were that were involved in the other 31-point comeback.

They showed a graphic when tcu was down 3...don't remember the teams though
01-02-2016 11:40 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

2006 Insight Bowl

Texas Tech overcame Minnesota after being down 31.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Insight_Bowl
01-03-2016 12:04 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
That was a fun game tonight
01-03-2016 12:10 AM
Stick4489 Offline
Gaseous Clay

I Root For: The Herd

CrappiesCrappies
(01-02-2016 11:23 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  I thought Marshall was down by 30, so I bet there was another game if they tied a record of 31.

Marshall was down 38-8 at halftime.
01-03-2016 08:43 AM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

Don't know exactly how to look at last night's game....either as the greatest comeback in NCAA Bowl history, or the biggest choke. Being somewhat positive I will say comeback...
01-03-2016 09:00 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(01-03-2016 09:00 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  Don't know exactly how to look at last night's game....either as the greatest comeback in NCAA Bowl history, or the biggest choke. Being somewhat positive I will say comeback...

Thank God for a stopped 2 point conversion or I'd know who had the biggest choke job!
01-03-2016 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Oregon's starting qb got them the 31-0 lead. He got hurt and put out of the game. So the second half became a contest between second string qb's. TCU's second stringer stunk up the first half, but played lights out in the second half, leading TCU to the comeback win. It was fun to watch. Finally a good bowl game. At least for one half.
01-03-2016 10:44 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-03-2016 09:00 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  Don't know exactly how to look at last night's game....either as the greatest comeback in NCAA Bowl history, or the biggest choke. Being somewhat positive I will say comeback...

I can tell you my bookie finally smiled....

what a strange and remarkable comeback....I never saw it coming....I was lickin' wounds at the half.....I don't think I was ever more wrong at predicting at pre-game ever...

I can't remember a bowl season where the fave covered by ridiculous margins in consecutive fashion.....

GO CLEMSON!
01-03-2016 11:07 AM
Advertisement

HD76 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
(01-02-2016 11:23 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  I thought Marshall was down by 30, so I bet there was another game if they tied a record of 31.

Yep. 38-8 down to ECU at halftime.
01-03-2016 12:20 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(01-03-2016 09:48 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  

Thank God for a stopped 2 point conversion or I'd know who had the biggest choke job!

My thoughts exactly! After that I was hoping we never took our foot off the gas again
01-03-2016 01:10 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
(01-02-2016 11:11 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  I'm part of Coach Pruett's family, so I was at that bowl and many other incredible Herd games. I left the halftime locker room really wanting to drive back to Mississippi. Thank goodness everyone else in that locker room believed they would come back to win. Wild.

I turned tonight's bowl game at half and just saw the final score. Crazy stuff.

I was still a student that year. I was supposed to be at that game. My roommate whom was going to drive down with me got strep throat the night before. So I said screw it. We got rid of our tickets and the room we had was taken. We watched the game and then left for a party and got there and nobody was outside and it seemed like a dead lame party which was surprising since my buddy throwing it usually had good ones. We had turned the game off and taken out time getting over there had to drink away our sorrows and pat ourselves on the back a few times for not going to such a suck game. So we we roll inside screaming "MARSHALL SUCKS" we see about 50 people crammed into the living room around the TV cheering and high fiving. We then find out that MU had come back and it was now a game. Watched the rest and to this day I'm pissed I didn't just go by myself or find someone else to go to the game.
01-03-2016 01:17 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
Oh and I told my wife at halftime watch TCU come back. We turned the game off and later when TCU made it 31-28 we turned it back on after she saw a notification on her phone about the game.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016 01:24 PM by MU ATO.)
01-03-2016 01:19 PM
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators

It was 38-8 at one point in that bowl game between ECU & MU
01-03-2016 01:20 PM
keebler645 Offline
Special Teams

I live in Austin and almost decided to go to the Alamo Bowl last night. Might have been the only person alive to see a 30 and 31 point bowl comeback had I done so.
01-03-2016 02:40 PM
woodywoodrum Offline
2nd String

I went to the GMAC Bowl, riding in RV down and flying back on charter. I will never forget going to get on buses to go to airport after game and nearly half of the bus was full of people who were "cold" at halftime and left game because Herd was down 30 03-banghead (and it was cold - my brother borrowed my coat and gloves for the MU radio call, which didn't have a booth but were out in the open-air stairwell at the left end of the press box, which was pretty windy, too). Some didn't even know the team had won (before the days of I-Phones and updates). There was one girl who got a call from her dad, raving about the comeback and how great it was to be there, and when she said she missed it by sitting the second half and both overtimes in the bus, he just hung up after muttering something about wasting money on charter flight 03-nutkick . Also, Dr. Dorothy Hicks 01-lauramac2 was on the charter, but not in a good mood after some idiot hit her in the head with a Molson can of beer 04-cheers , one of those oil can sized numbers. I think it was a first for many Herd fans, as the GMAC Bowl in Mobile not only sold beer but mixed drinks. Great night, never to be forgotten. 01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana04-chairshot04-chairshot04-chairshot03-phew
01-05-2016 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.