Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The best thing about the playoff...
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
The best thing about the playoff...
....is it eliminates all doubt.

Alabama is a monster this year, and would have stomped Iowa, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Houston, on and on....

The only team that has a chance is Clemson
01-01-2016 07:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
RE: The best thing about the playoff...
Idk, I think Ohio St would like to have that Mich St game back.

I know that Mich St totally earned their spot in the playoffs by beating Ohio St, Mich on the road and Iowa in CCG, but I can't help but feel that maybe Ohio St would have represented the Big10 better.

That fluke Mich St win against Mich when the punter dropped the ball set in motiion a strange set of events in the Big10. I give MSU credit for taking full advantage, but if Mich just punts the ball, OSU ends up in the CCG and probably the playoffs.

But I have to agree its hard to argue that anybody could beat Bama or Clemson in a bowl game right now.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 08:14 AM by goofus.)
01-01-2016 08:13 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
I'm sorry but I don't know what Michigan State team that was. That was not the same team that we saw during the year. The did not have the same tenacity, the same drive and the same fight in them. Alabama was definitely a beast last night but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable.
01-01-2016 10:06 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
Have hated the playoff from day one. The only thing wrong with the BCS was access for the G5. Outside of that. I wish we would go back to it.
01-01-2016 10:08 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(01-01-2016 10:08 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Have hated the playoff from day one. The only thing wrong with the BCS was access for the G5. Outside of that. I wish we would go back to it.

Why?
01-01-2016 10:11 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

(01-01-2016 10:06 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I'm sorry but I don't know what Michigan State team that was. That was not the same team that we saw during the year. The did not have the same tenacity, the same drive and the same fight in them. Alabama was definitely a beast last night but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable.

Bama front seven is the best in the country.
01-01-2016 10:12 AM
Advertisement

miztigers55 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou, SLU, BC
(01-01-2016 10:06 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I'm sorry but I don't know what Michigan State team that was. That was not the same team that we saw during the year. The did not have the same tenacity, the same drive and the same fight in them. Alabama was definitely a beast last night but that doesn't mean they are unbeatable.

Maybe they were gassed after the CCG and made that their "big game" rather than still being hungry like tOSU was last year
01-01-2016 10:14 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: The best thing about the playoff...

Haha arent you the poster proclaiming the sec dead after ohio states one td victory over bama last year.

Lol
01-01-2016 10:15 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(01-01-2016 10:15 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

Haha arent you the poster proclaiming the sec dead after ohio states one td victory over bama last year.

Lol

No I wasn't, nice straw man attempt
01-01-2016 10:16 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(01-01-2016 10:12 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  

Bama front seven is the best in the country.

Doesn't make them unbeatable.
01-01-2016 10:16 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(01-01-2016 10:14 AM)miztigers55 Wrote:  

Maybe they were gassed after the CCG and made that their "big game" rather than still being hungry like tOSU was last year

They were in the game early, at some point though Alabama got into their heads and dominated Michigan State mentally. That became quite obvious. For that Alabama has my greatest respect but once again, that doesn't make them unbeatable. That just means it sucks to face them on a night when they are 100% focused. They were hungry...hell they looked angry. Has anyone seen them that angry all year long?
01-01-2016 10:18 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
I'll give a damn about the CFB when everyone is judged on the same accord.
01-01-2016 10:21 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-01-2016 10:16 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Lol

Michigan State didnt belong on the field with bama.

What a farce
01-01-2016 10:21 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(01-01-2016 10:21 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 10:16 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Lol

Michigan State didnt belong on the field with bama.

What a farce

Yes they did. They earned their way there. You are 0 for 2 already in this thread.

What a farce.
01-01-2016 10:23 AM
miztigers55 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou, SLU, BC
(01-01-2016 10:18 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

They were in the game early, at some point though Alabama got into their heads and dominated Michigan State mentally. That became quite obvious. For that Alabama has my greatest respect but once again, that doesn't make them unbeatable. That just means it sucks to face them on a night when they are 100% focused. They were hungry...hell they looked angry. Has anyone seen them that angry all year long?

Yeah, definitely. It's like after tOSU beat wisconsin 59-0 or whatever last year and people where still saying Baylor over TCU should be in over them, gave them something to prove. Michigan state might not have had that.
01-01-2016 10:42 AM
He1nousOne Offline

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...igan-state

Mr. Maisel seems to have watched the same game I did. That was an Alabama team that was playing angry in a way that we hadn't seen all year long. It wasn't just the Alabama defense though, it was also Jake Coker. I don't think he liked all the press leading up to the game talking about Connor Cook while absolutely nothing was said about him. That can feed the fire as well. Coker did what Cook couldn't.
01-01-2016 10:43 AM
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

(01-01-2016 10:11 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 10:08 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Have hated the playoff from day one. The only thing wrong with the BCS was access for the G5. Outside of that. I wish we would go back to it.

Why?

First off, player safety. No one seems to care or mind how much some of these guys are actually risking. All some people care about is how much the conference or school is going to make from it.

Second, Has the playoff really made that much of a difference? Last year we had an a anomaly with Ohio state winning. But this year its strait chalk and it still hasn't changed for G5 schools. If the truth be told. It's actually worse for them. Houston had a great win yesterday and was immediately overshadowed by the playoff games. Under the old system the Peach bowl could have been a show case game for Houston.

Third, Fan cost. Two teams from the southeast have to travel all the way across the country to play a football game? At some point this is going to end up being a factor to the average fan.

Fourth and last, Game quality. Which would have been a better game. Alabama vs. Clemson having a month to prepare or a week? Will injuries now have an effect on the game. Clemson had two players get hurt during the game. Both on defense! That has got to take away from the game.
01-01-2016 10:45 AM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players

Sorry H1, but I completely disagree. That was the same team that I saw all year. There was a great deal of intensity from the defense, that offensive line was working its butt off and I didn't see any quit in any of them until MSU got down by four scores. Alabama's edge in the first half was a single big play pass and the interception in the end zone on the Spartans' last drive of the half. MSU was let down by horrible quarterback play, wide receivers who were seemingly allergic to catching the ball (the drops had to be in double digits) and the inequality of talent. Alabama was stronger up front on both sides of the ball, but the Spartan defense forced the Tide to throw to be successful, because the run was shut down until late. You don't slow the Alabama run game without tenacity and drive.

While the final score suggests that Alabama dominated the game throughout, reality was that the first half was a fairly even defensive battle. Only the most diehard Bama fans were counting the Spartans out at halftime. It was still just 17-0 late in the third quarter when Jones ran the punt back for a TD. Yes, Alabama was obviously better and more talented. Coker had a career day passing with an other-worldly completion percentage. The defense held a good running team to about a yard per carry. But I prefer to give credit to how well Alabama played rather than suggest that Michigan State just didn't show up. The Spartans were showing up just fine until the better team came out in the third quarter and dominated. Give Alabama their due. To me, it insults both teams to say that MSU wasn't giving their best effort with a berth in the title game on the line.
01-01-2016 10:46 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-01-2016 10:43 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Mr. Maisel seems to have watched the same game I did. That was an Alabama team that was playing angry in a way that we hadn't seen all year long. It wasn't just the Alabama defense though, it was also Jake Coker. I don't think he liked all the press leading up to the game talking about Connor Cook while absolutely nothing was said about him. That can feed the fire as well. Coker did what Cook couldn't.

Maisel also wrote this. Lmao

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...e-football

And this
http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/preview03/colum...93126.html

Maisel. Lol. What a clown
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 10:59 AM by shere khan.)
01-01-2016 10:58 AM
kurtrundell Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: KU
(01-01-2016 10:58 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 10:43 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Maisel also wrote this. Lmao

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...e-football

And this
http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/preview03/colum...93126.html

Maisel. Lol. What a clown
01-01-2016 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.