Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does WKU stay ranked
Bookmark and Share
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Does WKU stay ranked
And if so where you think we end up in the final polls? I'm really hoping we can break the top 20 but I'm guessing 22-23
12-31-2015 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
RE: Does WKU stay ranked
I think they will be ranked #24. Not that many teams in the immediate vicinity of WKU have lost. Temple finished with a 2 game winning streak so I figured WKU takes their spot.
12-31-2015 08:23 PM
Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
They'd stay ranked for sure. Only lost two games to teams that both went to bowl games, and Indiana is better than their record. 20 might be a bit ambitious, but I'm expecting 23 or 24..
12-31-2015 08:47 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
The problem for WKU is that this bowl season has seemed to be unique from most in that the bottom of the Top 25 generally held serve this bowl season. Other that #24 Temple, the next lowest ranked team to lose will be the loser of #17 Michigan and #19 Florida, and it's not a given the loser of that game will fall out of the rankings. I think WKU is probably looking at a 23rd or 24th ranking in AP.

WKU was the first one out of the ranking in the Coaches Poll. Temple will drop out, but probably need to root against Georgia and Tennessee just to ensure you will to get into the Coaches.

I'm guessing you guys probably will finish 24/25 in the two major polls.
12-31-2015 09:19 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Yes.....at #24
12-31-2015 09:32 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

USC lost and Temple, so that means we will be ranked in both polls.....Highest will be 25th or 24th in both polls and that will ikely be the best we can do...I will take it! If you told me back in 2010 we would be ranked in Top 25 I would have had a crazy look.....We have come along away for sure..
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2015 10:38 PM by WKUFan518.)
12-31-2015 10:38 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2015 10:38 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  USC lost and Temple, so that means we will be ranked in both polls.....Highest will be 25th or 24th in both polls and that will ikely be the best we can do...I will take it! If you told me back in 2010 we would be ranked in Top 25 I would have had a crazy look.....We have come along away for sure..

No doubt! I'm sure Marshall has bennifited from being ranked, it can't hurt recruiting
12-31-2015 10:50 PM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

Yeah, you guys will be ranked in both of the polls.

Congrats to you guys on a good season. You deserve to be ranked.
12-31-2015 11:34 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

(12-31-2015 10:50 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(12-31-2015 10:38 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  USC lost and Temple, so that means we will be ranked in both polls.....Highest will be 25th or 24th in both polls and that will ikely be the best we can do...I will take it! If you told me back in 2010 we would be ranked in Top 25 I would have had a crazy look.....We have come along away for sure..

No doubt! I'm sure Marshall has bennifited from being ranked, it can't hurt recruiting
I remember walking out of LT Smith Stadium back in 2011 after losing to Indiana State and thinking wow, we are not very good. Only 4 years later we are ranked in the top 25, hard to believe.
01-01-2016 12:58 AM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Yes and #22
01-01-2016 02:30 AM
Von-Bek Offline
1st String

Definitely should be.
01-01-2016 03:39 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
I think we'll be ranked in both. Great accomplishment for a relatively young FBS program.

This ranking doesn't come without us being in CUSA. If we had the same record in the Sun Belt I'm not so sure we're ranked. This is not an argument that we're light years ahead of the Belt. Not that argument. But I think in perception we still have 'separation' (for all my old belt buddies) from our brother conference.

CUSA doesn't have this perception because of us. It's from all the USMs and ECUs and Marshalls that have gone before us achieving rankings. We certainly performed on the field as a top 25 team IMO. But there is a coat-tail effect involved as well.

It was one of the reasons I was fine with the move to this conference. The other was there were more likeminded schools in re basketball.

I do know this. Middle hasn't been ranked. Ever. (FBS). And we will always have that over our cousins 99 miles south. That's one of the greatest things about the ranking for me. We've done it. You haven't. Lomfl. But that's the petty side of me. The competitive side. Middle could someday be ranked. But it would still be after we were. Happy new year.
01-01-2016 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
So Dahbeed , it's only January 1 and you are already doggin' the MT Football team. Now, I would have thought this was just about how high you ought to be ranked this year? And I'm going to take the high road and say Western deserves to be at least as high as 20 in the Final poll for 2015. But next year, we are going to KICK YOUR A****! By the way, Happy New Year!
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 12:04 PM by BlueRaiderBoy.)
01-01-2016 12:03 PM
Advertisement

FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

(01-01-2016 09:25 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  I think we'll be ranked in both. Great accomplishment for a relatively young FBS program.

This ranking doesn't come without us being in CUSA. If we had the same record in the Sun Belt I'm not so sure we're ranked. This is not an argument that we're light years ahead of the Belt. Not that argument. But I think in perception we still have 'separation' (for all my old belt buddies) from our brother conference.

CUSA doesn't have this perception because of us. It's from all the USMs and ECUs and Marshalls that have gone before us achieving rankings. We certainly performed on the field as a top 25 team IMO. But there is a coat-tail effect involved as well.

I agree with this.

Same record in the Sun Belt does not get you ranked. Has the Sun Belt ever finished with a ranked team?

Beating a 9-3 Marshall and a divisional champ in So Miss goes a lot further in the eyes of the voters than beating any team in the Sun Belt. The fact you guys did it in back to back weeks is also a big help.

I'm happy for CUSA. Under this new system, we have had a team finish inside the Top 25 both seasons. This is something we need every year. We eventually need to get 2 teams ranked, it will happen sooner or later. Maybe even next year as I think CUSA is set up to have our biggest year yet.
01-01-2016 12:48 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

SBC has never had a football team ranked in the TOP 25.I am sure of this fact.
01-01-2016 02:20 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(01-01-2016 02:20 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  SBC has never had a football team ranked in the TOP 25.I am sure of this fact.

Well they do have the distinction of having a team with a losing record win the whole conference. So they've got that going for them.
01-02-2016 02:59 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
I say they move up 2 ranks
01-02-2016 03:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.