Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

B1G 3-1 entering today.
Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Nebreaska
B1G 3-1 entering today.
An MSU win over Bama would be a big statement win.
12-31-2015 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: B1G 3-1 entering today.
(12-31-2015 08:26 AM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  An MSU win over Bama would be a big statement win.

Ya think? 07-coffee3
12-31-2015 08:37 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(12-31-2015 08:37 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-31-2015 08:26 AM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  An MSU win over Bama would be a big statement win.

Ya think? 07-coffee3

It would be a great win but a statement win? I think Ohio State made the statement win last year because of the perception of the B1G not winning those type of games against the SEC. I think the B1G has asserted itself this year as a power conference riding on the back of the Buckeyes NC last year. Not trying to split hairs but I think fewer folks will be shocked if Sparty wins this game. Now, if MSU wins the NC then that will be a statement - back to back B1G.
12-31-2015 08:49 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
And the lying refs screwed Indiana, to boot.

Jerks got lucky that it wasn't reviewable.
12-31-2015 10:08 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
3-1 with 2 wins against the PAC.

I don't know yet if this is the Big10's year, but it sure is not the PAC's year. Maybe Stanford can save the PAC conference from a total wipeout against the Big10.
12-31-2015 11:14 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
(12-31-2015 10:08 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  And the lying refs screwed Indiana, to boot.

Indianna screwed themselves by not winning in regulation, blowing a lead late, by not scoring a TD in OT, and not kicking a FG in OT that was clearly down the middle.

Indianna had plenty of chances to win, the refs, and it is not even certain they were wrong, were not the problem. Even if Indy makes the FG, then it just goes to another OT.

Indy lost that game all on their own.
12-31-2015 11:21 AM
Advertisement

DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Re: RE: B1G 3-1 entering today.
(12-31-2015 11:21 AM)goofus Wrote:  
(12-31-2015 10:08 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  And the lying refs screwed Indiana, to boot.

Indianna screwed themselves by not winning in regulation, blowing a lead late, by not scoring a TD in OT, and not kicking a FG in OT that was clearly down the middle.

Indianna had plenty of chances to win, the refs, and it is not even certain they were wrong, were not the problem. Even if Indy makes the FG, then it just goes to another OT.

Indy lost that game all on their own.

In Indy fashion.
12-31-2015 11:25 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(12-31-2015 11:14 AM)goofus Wrote:  3-1 with 2 wins against the PAC.

I don't know yet if this is the Big10's year, but it sure is not the PAC's year. Maybe Stanford can save the PAC conference from a total wipeout against the Big10.

Actually, the PAC has had a very good bowl season, save for the two losses to B1G teams. That does speak to the quality of the B1G.

Anyone who will be 'shocked' if a team that beat Ohio State on the road and Iowa on a neutral field beats Alabama has to be crazy. This game can go either way.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2015 11:46 AM by quo vadis.)
12-31-2015 11:45 AM
Sparty84 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Michigan State
Go State!
Beat Bama
12-31-2015 02:01 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
I'm a fan of MSU, but unfortunately, I think it's going to be an ugly game against Alabama. I think Saban's going to make a statement and not lose again against the B1G. I so don't want it to happen, but Cook isn't a great QB -- he's been off key all season. Capable of making great passes, but just as capable as making bad ones. Basically what I'd expect from a Sophomore QB during a rebuilding season on offense. And MSU's secondary isn't elite. Their run DB is amazingly terrific, though.

Hopefully MSU can make it close.
12-31-2015 02:08 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(12-31-2015 02:08 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  I'm a fan of MSU, but unfortunately, I think it's going to be an ugly game against Alabama. I think Saban's going to make a statement and not lose again against the B1G. I so don't want it to happen, but Cook isn't a great QB -- he's been off key all season. Capable of making great passes, but just as capable as making bad ones. Basically what I'd expect from a Sophomore QB during a rebuilding season on offense. And MSU's secondary isn't elite. Their run DB is amazingly terrific, though.

Michigan State plays up to tough competition but plays down to inferior competition and that was evident this year as you say with some of the play of Cook.

That being said, expect Cook to be on point tonight. Michigan State is primed and well trained on how to play in big time games. Look at all of the big time games they have had this year.

Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa were all huge wins that they had to play tough all game long in order to be in the position to win. Michigan State is properly trained for this game against Alabama.

This game isn't so much a Statement for The Big Ten. As has already been said, winning back to back Championships absolutely would be as it would be for any conference but especially The Big Ten considering how it wasn't long ago when everyone was throwing poo at The Big Ten.

What this game is though is a major statement game for MSU that they aren't a little brother of The Big Ten but they are right there at the top and need to be considered in that spot at the beginning of the season and not just at the end of the season.

I cant wait to watch this game tonight. I know more people are probably more interested in what kind of game could unfold between Clemson and Oklahoma but this Alabama vs Michigan State could be one for the Ages.
12-31-2015 02:35 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(12-31-2015 02:35 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(12-31-2015 02:08 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  I'm a fan of MSU, but unfortunately, I think it's going to be an ugly game against Alabama. I think Saban's going to make a statement and not lose again against the B1G. I so don't want it to happen, but Cook isn't a great QB -- he's been off key all season. Capable of making great passes, but just as capable as making bad ones. Basically what I'd expect from a Sophomore QB during a rebuilding season on offense. And MSU's secondary isn't elite. Their run DB is amazingly terrific, though.

Michigan State plays up to tough competition but plays down to inferior competition and that was evident this year as you say with some of the play of Cook.

That being said, expect Cook to be on point tonight. Michigan State is primed and well trained on how to play in big time games. Look at all of the big time games they have had this year.

Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa were all huge wins that they had to play tough all game long in order to be in the position to win. Michigan State is properly trained for this game against Alabama.

This game isn't so much a Statement for The Big Ten. As has already been said, winning back to back Championships absolutely would be as it would be for any conference but especially The Big Ten considering how it wasn't long ago when everyone was throwing poo at The Big Ten.

What this game is though is a major statement game for MSU that they aren't a little brother of The Big Ten but they are right there at the top and need to be considered in that spot at the beginning of the season and not just at the end of the season.

I cant wait to watch this game tonight. I know more people are probably more interested in what kind of game could unfold between Clemson and Oklahoma but this Alabama vs Michigan State could be one for the Ages.

Good points. I am actually looking more forward to the Bama/Sparty matchup and agree it could be a game not for the faint of heart. Saban and Dantonio prowling, scowling and growling on the sidelines will be intense enough!
12-31-2015 02:51 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
B1G is legit this year...
12-31-2015 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota

Ha ha. Wow.
12-31-2015 11:44 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(12-31-2015 11:44 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  

Ha ha. Wow.

One for the ages all right...biggest beat down of the cfp so far
01-01-2016 12:38 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(01-01-2016 12:38 AM)EvilVodka Wrote:  

Ha ha. Wow.

One for the ages all right...biggest beat down of the cfp so far

Yep, Bama had more points than Michigan State had rushing yards. That is pretty unusual.
01-01-2016 12:54 AM
Advertisement

Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
(12-31-2015 11:14 AM)goofus Wrote:  3-1 with 2 wins against the PAC.

McCaffrey will need to have a great day and Stanford has to win the line of scrimmage. Iowa's D is the best it's been in years, so that will not be an easy task. Iowa should really be playing in the CFP instead of MSU
01-01-2016 02:19 AM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
Oops... so much for that. B1G champ went down in flames.05-nono
01-01-2016 02:22 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Looks like Ohio State is the only Big Ten team that can win it all......
01-01-2016 02:26 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU

Ha ha. Wow.

What? Everyone thought that was going to be a great game. I don't know what the hell happened to MSU tonight but that is the game of football. Once again, looks like some of you are showing that you have never actually played the game.

I love this troll **** where you guys come after my posts after the fact as if EVERYONE ELSE that thought it was going to be a great game wasn't wrong too. Way to make yourself out to be a troll kid.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 02:34 AM by He1nousOne.)
01-01-2016 02:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.