WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ian Blacker: Arrival in 2016-17??
JSB3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WMU
Ian Blacker: Arrival in 2016-17??
Ian Blacker is one of or the highest WMU hockey recruits of all time. His draft year is 2017 and he is currently playing in the OJHL. He is predicted to be a top 10 pick in the 2017 NHL entry draft. He is drafted in the 2nd round of the USHL draft and in the 4th round of the OHL draft by the London Knights (sound familiar). Normally, a top Canadian prospect committed to an NCAA school rarely pans out, however, this is a special case for his older brother Ben Blacker the goalie is also committed and has refused multiple OHL offers to stay on the college track and seems to be a great advocate for college hockey. This being said I am not too concerned about the legitamacy of Blackers commitment. Ben Blacker should make the jump to WMU in 2016-2017, and according to this article, both Ian and Ben could be among the freshman class.
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-...n-michigan
12-29-2015 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DudeReally Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Ian Blacker: Arrival in 2016-17??
(12-29-2015 10:31 PM)JSB3 Wrote:  Ian Blacker is one of or the highest WMU hockey recruits of all time. His draft year is 2017 and he is currently playing in the OJHL. He is predicted to be a top 10 pick in the 2017 NHL entry draft. He is drafted in the 2nd round of the USHL draft and in the 4th round of the OHL draft by the London Knights (sound familiar). Normally, a top Canadian prospect committed to an NCAA school rarely pans out, however, this is a special case for his older brother Ben Blacker the goalie is also committed and has refused multiple OHL offers to stay on the college track and seems to be a great advocate for college hockey. This being said I am not too concerned about the legitamacy of Blackers commitment. Ben Blacker should make the jump to WMU in 2016-2017, and according to this article, both Ian and Ben could be among the freshman class.
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-...n-michigan

Both Blackers will be at WMU next year you can take that to the bank. Ian was waiting for his brother to be college age. Plus, WMU will need a goalie next year with Hafner's graduation.
12-30-2015 11:37 AM
JSB3 Offline
Bench Warmer

12-30-2015 02:56 PM
Advertisement

JSB3 Offline
Bench Warmer

http://www.pointstreaksites.com/view/ojh...ews_333742
This article says he has already confirmed that he will join the Broncos in 2017-18
12-30-2015 03:01 PM
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W Michigan
I'm pretty sure they will be bring in Ben Blacker next year, with Hafner's departure and Olson going into his Senior year. I don't see him leaving for the OHL. Bronco fans will really enjoy watching him play as he is one of the more athletic goalies I have seen in years. He'll make some spectacular high light reactionary saves that will pump up the fans.

Ian Blacker could possible come in next year, if he speed up his high school education to finish a year earlier. Some players in the past have done this, but I don't recall any defensemen doing it lately. Defensemen just need a little more "seasoning" time to develop vs a forward and he would really benifit from playing another year in juniors, most likely in the USHL.

WMU would also be wise to wait to see "who" drafts Ian in 2017, as depending on the NHL team, his path may already be set in place, i.e. McCarron :

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhock...28877.html
12-31-2015 10:33 AM
JSB3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I know this is off topic, but imagine 6'5 McKee and WMU signee 6'7 Keenan Suthers playing on the same line. I am pretty sure Suthers will be selected in this years draft.
12-31-2015 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.