Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We lost but--
Bookmark and Share
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
We lost but--
Some will say that USM just got beat by a better team today. However all of us in the know will swear it was because school was out for the holidays, it was raining, weather was too hot, rabbit season was in full swing, Dallas is too far, Washington just happened to play over their heads, our offensive coordinator just left, they didnt serve tacos at the team dinner, our team quit before kickoff and most importantly we all saw the the officials were crooked and biased toward the West. Just no way to beat those odds.
12-26-2015 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: We lost but--
Washington was the favorite and they won. End of story.
12-26-2015 06:10 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Don't forget, they weren't playing for a championship so the players weren't motivated. They only play for championships.
#bowlexcuses
12-26-2015 06:12 PM
HanselTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
Considering where USM was last year, heck of a season. Hats off to the Golden Eagles
12-26-2015 06:14 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Getting in the "***** at fellow fans" thread in early, eh, ee?
12-26-2015 06:19 PM
PirateJim Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU/Underdogs
Those are all great excuses but I would narrow it down to 2 and really emphasize those. 04-cheers
12-26-2015 06:37 PM
Advertisement

LR Eagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
(12-26-2015 06:12 PM)rook360 Wrote:  Don't forget, they weren't playing for a championship so the players weren't motivated. They only play for championships.
#bowlexcuses

At least UAB doesn't have to worry about bowls or championships.
12-26-2015 07:33 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-26-2015 07:33 PM)LR Eagle Wrote:  
(12-26-2015 06:12 PM)rook360 Wrote:  Don't forget, they weren't playing for a championship so the players weren't motivated. They only play for championships.
#bowlexcuses

Dude, he was keeping with the spirit of the original post. Why'd you have to go there?

Meantime, I'll console myself with memories of UAB's last visit to Hattiesburg.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2015 07:48 PM by Smaug.)
12-26-2015 07:45 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(12-26-2015 07:33 PM)LR Eagle Wrote:  
#bowlexcuses

Apparently, you don't either this year.
#bowlexcuses
#tryhardernexttime
12-26-2015 09:06 PM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
That Bowl game is the best game CUSA has. I wish we had more like it. We need multiple P5 tie ins.

Good season USM. Glad to see you guys back on track. Are you losing much for next season? I know there were quite a few JUCOs and transfers on the roster.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2015 09:22 PM by Artifice.)
12-26-2015 09:22 PM
BigJimWKU Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
We lost but--
Surprised usm could field a team with all of the defensive injuries they had in the cusa championship game. Guys down on every play but miraculously recovered for next play. Weird
12-26-2015 10:01 PM
Advertisement

southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-26-2015 10:01 PM)BigJimWKU Wrote:  Surprised usm could field a team with all of the defensive injuries they had in the cusa championship game. Guys down on every play but miraculously recovered for next play. Weird

Only had 3 weeks to recover.

Our best RB was out b/c of an injury in the C-USA Champ tho. With the amount of pressure Washington was getting with only 3-4 defenders seemingly every play, it wouldn't have mattered anyways, IMO.
12-27-2015 12:12 AM
All American

(12-26-2015 09:22 PM)Artifice Wrote:  That Bowl game is the best game CUSA has. I wish we had more like it. We need multiple P5 tie ins.

Good season USM. Glad to see you guys back on track. Are you losing much for next season? I know there were quite a few JUCOs and transfers on the roster.

Offensively, we lose the majority of our production at the skill positions...We lose Martin and Thomas at WR and Richard at RB, who was also integral in the passing game.

I believe we lose two OL as well. Mullens will be back at QB, but he needs to work on his footwork....badly. Very heavy feet in the pocket.

At RB, we return Ito Smith who should only improve, but USM is going to have to find a "1B" RB to come in, as I don't think Smith can be a "feature back".

Defensively we lose Dylan Bradley on the DL, a couple of LBs, and CB Kalan Reed who probably had the best season for a CB at USM in over 10 years.

There should be a solid group returning to keep from having a drop off, but it will be all about having playmakers step up and replace what we're losing and finding a way to get better on the OL and more quality depth on the DL.
12-27-2015 12:17 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-26-2015 06:07 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  Some will say that USM just got beat by a better team today. However all of us in the know will swear it was because school was out for the holidays, it was raining, weather was too hot, rabbit season was in full swing, Dallas is too far, Washington just happened to play over their heads, our offensive coordinator just left, they didnt serve tacos at the team dinner, our team quit before kickoff and most importantly we all saw the the officials were crooked and biased toward the West. Just no way to beat those odds.

you really are an idiot.....your LACK of logic is unbelievably FLAWED....gave you that misnomer just for shites and giggies....you won't get it.....
12-27-2015 04:58 AM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-27-2015 04:58 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(12-26-2015 06:07 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  Some will say that USM just got beat by a better team today. However all of us in the know will swear it was because school was out for the holidays, it was raining, weather was too hot, rabbit season was in full swing, Dallas is too far, Washington just happened to play over their heads, our offensive coordinator just left, they didnt serve tacos at the team dinner, our team quit before kickoff and most importantly we all saw the the officials were crooked and biased toward the West. Just no way to beat those odds.

you really are an idiot.....your LACK of logic is unbelievably FLAWED....gave you that misnomer just for shites and giggies....you won't get it.....

I forgot to state another reason we lost was Washington scored more points. Now that one is hard to overcome in anybodys book unless we can prove it was some conspiracy on the scorekeepers part.
12-27-2015 07:00 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(12-27-2015 12:17 AM)southernmiss4ever Wrote:  
(12-26-2015 09:22 PM)Artifice Wrote:  That Bowl game is the best game CUSA has. I wish we had more like it. We need multiple P5 tie ins.

Offensively, we lose the majority of our production at the skill positions...We lose Martin and Thomas at WR and Richard at RB, who was also integral in the passing game.

I believe we lose two OL as well. Mullens will be back at QB, but he needs to work on his footwork....badly. Very heavy feet in the pocket.

At RB, we return Ito Smith who should only improve, but USM is going to have to find a "1B" RB to come in, as I don't think Smith can be a "feature back".

Defensively we lose Dylan Bradley on the DL, a couple of LBs, and CB Kalan Reed who probably had the best season for a CB at USM in over 10 years.

There should be a solid group returning to keep from having a drop off, but it will be all about having playmakers step up and replace what we're losing and finding a way to get better on the OL and more quality depth on the DL.

Bradley was one of the best players I watched in our conference. Man was/is a stud. Reed was a tough as nails corner that makes plays. I didn't see your boy Richard enough to see what he brought but we all know our own players.

We're losing some very, very important guys off our Dee as well. Jontavious Morris and G'Monee Brown will be very hard to replace off Dee line and though Holt wasn't the most athletic linebacker he was always at the right place at the right time. Prince Charles Iworah and Wonderful Terry are gone at CB and were really good starters. Gone. Even looking for a new QB I'm not as worried about the O. But the D? Gives me pause.
12-27-2015 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

(12-26-2015 10:01 PM)BigJimWKU Wrote:  Surprised usm could field a team with all of the defensive injuries they had in the cusa championship game. Guys down on every play but miraculously recovered for next play. Weird

Actually, what is weird is some immature WKU fans still harping on this. I bet you were one of the ones booing...
12-27-2015 08:58 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

And, Bradley is a junior, so, unless he leaves early for the draft, he will be back.
12-27-2015 09:00 AM
All American

(12-27-2015 08:27 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  Bradley was one of the best players I watched in our conference. Man was/is a stud. Reed was a tough as nails corner that makes plays. I didn't see your boy Richard enough to see what he brought but we all know our own players.

We're losing some very, very important guys off our Dee as well. Jontavious Morris and G'Monee Brown will be very hard to replace off Dee line and though Holt wasn't the most athletic linebacker he was always at the right place at the right time. Prince Charles Iworah and Wonderful Terry are gone at CB and were really good starters. Gone. Even looking for a new QB I'm not as worried about the O. But the D? Gives me pause.

Bradley has a really good body/frame for the next level. If he makes it to the NFL, it will mark the 5th straight season USM has had a DL go to the NFL. Wil Freeman should be coming back..IMO, he's just as talented as Bradley....He got hurt early in the MSU game this year and had been out the whole season.

I had 3-4 classes with Kalan Reed a year and a half or so ago. Really, really quiet and respectful guy. Very competitive on the field. Two INTs returned for TDs this year, as well as a fumble recovery, 19-20 PBU and we can't forget about the tackle he had against Texas State on the goal line to win the game for us.

Richard was a "complete" back. Built like a bowling ball. In the mold of Maurice Jones-Drew. Very powerful lower body. 1000+ rushing yards, 10+ TDs, and a multitude of receptions.

The biggest thing about this senior class, outside of a few who were redshirted, is that they all came to USM after the 2011, 12-2 season and had to endure the 4-32 over the last three seasons, so it's really awesome to see them get to go to a bowl game and have a traditional Southern Miss season before they left.

It was a fun season.

BTW, I meant to add this....Ge'Monee Brown went to the same high school that I went to....Petal. I watched probably every game of his while he was in high school.......Surprised me how much he had developed, as the USM/WKU game was the first time I had watched him play since he was a Panther. Glad to see he had success.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2015 09:04 AM by southernmiss4ever.)
12-27-2015 09:02 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I was really bummed out. I know y'all will take it wrong but what I saw was that we (cusa) still have a Loooonnnnggg way to go because so miss was 9-3 and they lost badly to a 6-6 cabal team. No wonder we (g5) get no respect.
12-27-2015 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.