Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone missing FIU and FAU?
Bookmark and Share
AppState87 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
I'd say not. On the whole, I see App and Georgia Southern continuing to field strong programs. Same for stAte. Don't think ULL will stay down long. Troy should fight it's way back to respectability. Georgia State finally started to show a pulse and new coaches at Tx State and ULM provide some hope for the future. Conference as a whole could be quite competitive in the years ahead.
12-24-2015 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: Anyone missing FIU and FAU?
Miami away game trip is never a bad thing.
12-24-2015 09:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
The recruiting pool of talent in Miami Dade county area is always a plus.

Southern hasn't typically recruited that far south anyway, so it's not an issue for our program. North Florida and Central Florida is key. With Summers as HC, I can expect more Florida recruits in the near future. Those Florida boys know how to run!!!
12-24-2015 09:24 AM
Baldy Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(12-24-2015 09:09 AM)panama Wrote:  Miami away game trip is never a bad thing.

True, might be why we added Las Myrtle to the conference.

Myrtle Beach ain't Miami, but its a hell of a lot closer.
12-24-2015 09:28 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-24-2015 09:06 AM)AppState87 Wrote:  I'd say not. On the whole, I see App and Georgia Southern continuing to field strong programs. Same for stAte. Don't think ULL will stay down long. Troy should fight it's way back to respectability. Georgia State finally started to show a pulse and new coaches at Tx State and ULM provide some hope for the future. Conference as a whole could be quite competitive in the years ahead.

Geez you guys are unforgiving. The man had ONE lousy season since taking the job, goes 9-4 four years in a row and wins 4 straight bowl games while doing so.

Okay, I realize your comment was not meant to be negative but I'd suspect any program that loses a 3 year starter at qb and has a pile of injuries before the season even starts is likely to have a rough time.

Having said all that, there are some Cajun fans who are even more unforgiving.

BTW, my definition of "down" is the UNTs. And yes, I miss them.03-cloud9
12-24-2015 09:41 AM
AppState87 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
(12-24-2015 09:41 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(12-24-2015 09:06 AM)AppState87 Wrote:  I'd say not. On the whole, I see App and Georgia Southern continuing to field strong programs. Same for stAte. Don't think ULL will stay down long. Troy should fight it's way back to respectability. Georgia State finally started to show a pulse and new coaches at Tx State and ULM provide some hope for the future. Conference as a whole could be quite competitive in the years ahead.

Geez you guys are unforgiving. The man had ONE lousy season since taking the job, goes 9-4 four years in a row and wins 4 straight bowl games while doing so.

Okay, I realize your comment was not meant to be negative but I'd suspect any program that loses a 3 year starter at qb and has a pile of injuries before the season even starts is likely to have a rough time.

Didn't mean that as a slight to ULL. This year was more of an anomaly for you guys. My point is that the conference should be much more competitive as a whole going forward with more balance throughout the league. And replacing FIU and FAU with App State and Georgia Southern was golden for the SBC. COGS
12-24-2015 09:57 AM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-24-2015 09:57 AM)AppState87 Wrote:  This year was more of an anomaly for you guys.

Based on the previous 4, yes it was. Based on our recent history, it was par for the course.

Going forward is very uncertain right now with the potential of the NCAA sanctions looming. One would have to think that Hud has proven he can compete and win at this level though he'd not be the first otherwise successful coach to see things spin out of control suddenly. Time will tell.

One thing I will say is that the program overall is in a much better place than it was before Hud arrived. The level of fundraising and the facilities completed and in-progress will give any head coach a lot with which to work.
12-24-2015 10:18 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
I remember the days when ULL was a power....I think his name was Broadway. Also recall UNT....
12-24-2015 10:26 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
FAU baseball was good.

But overall, they weren't a fit in the Belt.
12-24-2015 10:27 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
I liked most all of their fans. Good people.
12-24-2015 10:31 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Losing FAU hurt a little in baseball but over all we got better adds in GS and App

Losing WKU and MTSU hurt much more
12-24-2015 10:47 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I miss FIU's dance team.
12-24-2015 11:11 AM
chiefsfan Offline

I miss Hayden Fry. That 1977 team that was ranked #17 in the country was amazing I tell you.
12-24-2015 11:13 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(12-24-2015 11:13 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I miss Hayden Fry. That 1977 team that was ranked #17 in the country was amazing I tell you.

I still get goosebumps thinking about it. And that standout UNT season comes close to being No. 1 in the hearts and minds of those I poll on the streets of Caracas. When I ask Caracanians about American college football they overwhelmingly, of course, mention LahTech and its world-famous prestige with that No. 17, 1977 UNT national ranking running a close second.
12-24-2015 11:23 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
We don't miss you guys either

Have fun with Idaho and New Mexico State
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2015 01:30 PM by Ragu.)
12-24-2015 01:24 PM
nsavandal09 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: I-D-AHO!
(12-24-2015 09:24 AM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  The recruiting pool of talent in Miami Dade county area is always a plus.

Southern hasn't typically recruited that far south anyway, so it's not an issue for our program. North Florida and Central Florida is key. With Summers as HC, I can expect more Florida recruits in the near future. Those Florida boys know how to run!!!

If Idaho can successfully recruit Florida players, any sun belt school should be able too.
12-24-2015 01:44 PM
Advertisement

LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(12-24-2015 01:24 PM)Ragu Wrote:  We don't miss you guys either

Idaho had a better record than FAU this year, and I'd bet good money they finish with a better record next year, too. Just sayin'.
12-24-2015 02:01 PM
chiefsfan Offline

I don't think we're overly worried about 2 affiliate members who we can drop if they ever become a major drain on the conference.
12-24-2015 02:04 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
(12-24-2015 02:01 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  

Idaho had a better record than FAU this year, and I'd bet good money they finish with a better record next year, too. Just sayin'.

Cool. Enjoy and you all would come to conference USA in a second if offered
12-24-2015 04:02 PM
Korr-upt Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(12-24-2015 04:02 PM)Ragu Wrote:  
(12-24-2015 02:01 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  

Cool. Enjoy and you all would come to conference USA in a second if offered

[Image: why-you-always-lying.jpg]
12-24-2015 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.