UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future Basketball Schedules
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Future Basketball Schedules
2016-17

Auburn - Bartow Arena
At SFA

HOME - TBA (1st Round Game CBE Hall of Fame Classic)
HOME - TBA (2nd Round Game CBE Hall of Fame Classic)

11/21/16 - Semi-Finals (CBE Hall of Fame Classic) vs. (California or Georgia), Kansas or George Washington) - Kansas City, MO
11/22/16 - Finals/Consolation (CBE Hall of Fame Classic) - Kansas City, MO

I hear we are talking with an SEC team for a neutral site game. (Not in Alabama but close by within driving distance) No I'm not saying who just yet.

2017-18

At Auburn
November - Cayman Islands Classic (UAB, Cincinnati, Iowa, Wyoming + 4 TBA)

2018-19

Auburn - BJCC

Hasse has promised to work harder in getting a better OOC schedule but it is difficult.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 10:56 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-23-2015 10:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Future Basketball Schedules
Schools I know we talked with and could not come up with a contract for whatever reason: Richmond, Utah state, Valparaiso, Wofford, Chattanooga, Ole Miss, and Indiana state. That's just the ones I know about.

Maybe we get one or two next season.

I think we will do Chattanooga another H&H. I'm good with that. Would love Ole Miss, Utah State, and Richmond. Good RPI games.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 10:29 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-23-2015 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
(12-23-2015 10:25 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Schools I know we talked with and could not come up with a contract for whatever reason: Richmond, Utah state, Valparaiso, Wofford, Chattanooga, Ole Miss, and Indiana state. That's just the ones I know about.

I think we will do Chattanooga another H&H. I'm good with that. Would love Ole Miss, Utah State, and Richmond. Good RPI games.

Andy and Mike A, should know the struggle and help out but guys will be guys.
12-23-2015 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
We should return game to SF Austin next year, too.
12-23-2015 10:52 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-23-2015 10:36 AM)Big Dee Wrote:  
(12-23-2015 10:25 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Schools I know we talked with and could not come up with a contract for whatever reason: Richmond, Utah state, Valparaiso, Wofford, Chattanooga, Ole Miss, and Indiana state. That's just the ones I know about.

Andy and Mike A, should know the struggle and help out but guys will be guys.

They both have different struggles right now, which losing to UAB would not alleviate with their fanbase.
12-23-2015 10:55 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I added SFA
12-23-2015 10:57 AM
Advertisement

4thDownBlazer Offline
Special Teams

(12-23-2015 10:21 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  2016-17

Auburn - Bartow Arena
At SFA

11/21/16 - Semi-Finals (CBE Hall of Fame Classic) vs. (California or Georgia), Kansas or George Washington) - Kansas City, MO

I hear we are talking with an SEC team for a neutral site game. (Not in Alabama but close by within driving distance) No I'm not saying who just yet.

2017-18

At Auburn

2018-19

Auburn - BJCC

Hasse has promised to work harder in getting a better OOC schedule but it is difficult.

im more curious to see future football schedules. I know we have agreed in principal with some teams but still no announcement concerns me
12-23-2015 11:08 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Clark wants to do it after contracts are completed and make a big production so I'm good with that.
12-23-2015 11:10 AM
blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

(12-23-2015 11:10 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Clark wants to do it after contracts are completed and make a big production so I'm good with that.

Contracts have to be already completed. 2017 is not far away at all with regards to scheduling announcements.
12-23-2015 11:27 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This is a basketball thread.

This maybe what Haase is talking about. Someone starts a thread about basketball schedules and someone says "I'm more interested in football schedules" and the thread derails to football. BamaNBlazerfan attempts to turn every thread about basketball into a thread about football.

Until UAB fans start caring about basketball, the attendance will remain stagnant. I would not blame Haase for leaving as soon as possible to go to a school that has a focus on basketball.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 11:41 AM by Memphis Blazer.)
12-23-2015 11:32 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

Those are the teams we need to be talking to. Do you think we've tried basically the entire MVC, coastal Carolina, mercer, Belmont,Murray state, etc as well? Several of those teams aren't long drives so we could attend road games as well.

I don't necessarily want us to have 13 top 100 games ooc, but I would love to see us keep the over 200 games to a minimum. I'm guessing we will already pick up two of those in the tournament next year.

And I'm fine with neutral site teams against any p5 school.
12-23-2015 11:45 AM
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(12-23-2015 11:32 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  This is a basketball thread.

This maybe what Haase is talking about. Someone starts a thread about basketball schedules and someone says "I'm more interested in football schedules" and the thread derails to football.

Haase is definitely concerned about message board threads being derailed.
12-23-2015 11:53 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(12-23-2015 10:21 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  2016-17

Auburn - Bartow Arena
At SFA

2017-18

At Auburn

2018-19

Auburn - BJCC

Those are the bones of a good schedule for next year. We have to avoid the 200+ rpi games OOC at all costs, and if we do have to play bad teams, don't be afraid or too proud to go on the road (like Troy this year).

Do we play GAST again next year?
12-23-2015 12:33 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Not sure about Ga State.

I have no problems with doing ASU or JSU a two for one. If we have to schedule those games let them be in state IMHO. We had a blast going to JSU a few years ago and won in double digits. I also think it's time to play Samford H&H. We cant act like Bama. Also playing at Samford may be like a home game for us any way and we get credit for a road win if we can beat them.

Here is a thought. Play Alabama A&M a two for one and play the road game at Vaun Braun CC in Huntsville.

Just my opinions here.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 12:53 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-23-2015 12:52 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I agree on the H&H with Samford, especially since Padgett has them trending in the right direction.
12-23-2015 12:54 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(12-23-2015 11:53 AM)thebernreuter Wrote:  

This maybe what Haase is talking about. Someone starts a thread about basketball schedules and someone says "I'm more interested in football schedules" and the thread derails to football.

But he's right. This is a basketball thread. No harm in starting another thread related to the football schedule
12-23-2015 01:22 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
No, Haase does not give a crap about a message board thread. Read what was posted - there are multiple threads going about basketball and how to amp up interest in it, and our own fans try to turn this one into a football thread. Clark's got that covered, and it will be announced when he's ready.

9911, you can bet your bottom dollar that the assistant coach who works scheduling has worn out the phones to the mid-majors that would make attractive matchups, the MWC, MVC, as well as trying to get P5 games, and that Haase has worked his connections for those as well.
12-23-2015 01:33 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(12-23-2015 01:22 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(12-23-2015 11:53 AM)thebernreuter Wrote:  

But he's right. This is a basketball thread. No harm in starting another thread related to the football schedule

I just jumped at the chance for some good snark.
12-23-2015 01:47 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(12-23-2015 01:33 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  No, Haase does not give a crap about a message board thread. Read what was posted - there are multiple threads going about basketball and how to amp up interest in it, and our own fans try to turn this one into a football thread. Clark's got that covered, and it will be announced when he's ready.

9911, you can bet your bottom dollar that the assistant coach who works scheduling has worn out the phones to the mid-majors that would make attractive matchups, the MWC, MVC, as well as trying to get P5 games, and that Haase has worked his connections for those as well.

I believe you guys, I just find it hard to understand why a team like Belmont, that is always needing quality wins, wouldn't jump at the chance to have a home and home with us. It's beneficial to both teams, I don't understand it I guess.

I'd rather play Belmont once in Nashville and once in Birmingham every year than have to see a school with an enrollment in the hundreds on the schedule ever again.
12-23-2015 02:38 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(12-23-2015 03:51 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(12-23-2015 03:13 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I'm a former marketing major. I guess I have the right to talk about advertising in any thread I damn well please.

It works for education majors...

03-lmfao
12-23-2015 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.