Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Star Wars Thread *Spoilers*
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
Star Wars Thread *Spoilers*
Okay I need to talk about this, who has seen it?
12-18-2015 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
RE: Star Wars Thread *Spoilers*
I have.

What do you wish to discuss?
12-18-2015 09:56 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
"This is not the discussion you are looking for...."

"This isn't the discussion we are looking for...."

"Move along....."

"Move along...."
12-18-2015 10:35 PM
muffinman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
Isnt it sad when Luke dies on that planet with mini-wookie looking creatures?
12-18-2015 10:56 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(12-18-2015 09:56 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  I have.

What's the deal with the Knights of ren? How the hell did luke escape the planet when kylo turned?
12-19-2015 12:45 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(12-19-2015 12:53 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  How many Star Wars movies have there been?

7, this being the 7th.

Original Trilogy late 70s early 80s was Episodes IV-VI

Prequel Trilogy was late 90s early 00s and was Episodes I-III

The Force Awakes is Episode VII if you will.

Since Disney will milk this you already have VIII and IX on the way and a few spin off movies as well.
12-19-2015 12:55 AM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(12-19-2015 01:04 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(12-19-2015 12:55 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(12-19-2015 12:53 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  How many Star Wars movies have there been?

7, this being the 7th.

Original Trilogy late 70s early 80s was Episodes IV-VI

Prequel Trilogy was late 90s early 00s and was Episodes I-III

The Force Awakes is Episode VII if you will.

Since Disney will milk this you already have VIII and IX on the way and a few spin off movies as well.
Thanks, PT

I saw the first 3 in the '78-'83 era when I was a kid. I enjoyed them and (yes) I collected the "action figures" and related stuff for a while. But when it's all said and done, they were just movies to me, and I have never been able to appreciate why the public's demand for this stuff has lasted so long. By the time the "Prequel Trilogy" came out I was late 20s and frankly had little interest. Seeing a few pictures/videos of "Jar Jar" helped to squelch that down to zero.

The short version short of the prequels is how Anakin turned into Darth Vader. What the Clone Wars was about. And finally the set up of the Jedi/Sith story line(s).
12-19-2015 01:11 AM
dezagcoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coogs!
(12-19-2015 12:45 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  

What's the deal with the Knights of ren? How the hell did luke escape the planet when kylo turned?

clearly we don't know, but I mean he is his uncle. Ren still has some light in him as we were told. And Luke was way stronger and more experienced by far of the jedi. I'd like to know what happened to them exactly.

I also LOVE Rey. I mean what a total badass. Totally the jedi version of Leia.

I hope they turn Finn into a jedi and don't just keep him as Han 2.0.

And Freakin Ren....WTF... the anger he showed is totally the point.

BTW all the acting was PHENOMENAL. Not a single bad character or actor....VERY impressed.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 02:37 AM by dezagcoog.)
12-19-2015 02:35 AM
Pirate1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePiratesofECU
03-old [Image: starwarsxx.jpg]
12-19-2015 07:27 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
SPOILER!

Loved the movie! One thing that was annoying though was how Kylo Ren couldn't beat an untrained mechanic girl and had trouble with Phinn in light saber duals. Can you imagine Vader or Maul doing that? Ren seemed too weak. Maybe it's setting him up for more training and a stronger character later?
12-19-2015 09:15 AM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(12-19-2015 07:27 AM)Pirate1 Wrote:  03-old [Image: starwarsxx.jpg]

Is that first image Leia, or the singer from Jabba The Huts Palace?

[Image: jedi-rocks.jpg]
12-19-2015 09:16 AM
Advertisement

Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

(12-19-2015 09:15 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  SPOILER!

Loved the movie! One thing that was annoying though was how Kylo Ren couldn't beat an untrained mechanic girl and had trouble with Phinn in light saber duals. Can you imagine Vader or Maul doing that? Ren seemed too weak. Maybe it's setting him up for more training and a stronger character later?

SPOILER COMING UP HERE (not kidding!)

Kylo admitted that he wasn't sure he was strong enough as he was getting ready to kill his own father. Supreme Leader Snoke wanted him to receive more training. There is definitely some difference between Snoke's motivations and those of Kylo, however. It will be interesting to see how that will play out in the coming films.

Do any other Star Wars mega-fans here think that Snoke is the same guy that Palpatine told Anakin about in Episode 3, Darth Plagueis? After seeing Snoke on screen, I have to say that he looks a lot like the drawings I've seen of Plagueis. I think that would be a cool way to tie the prequels in with the sequel trilogy.

Palpatine telling Anakin about Plagueis:

Pictures of Darth Plagueis:

[Image: Darthplagueis-cover.jpg] [Image: XirLzczuzTg.jpg] [Image: 2824361-plagueisnssgf.jpg]

I found this interesting picture of Snoke while searching for images. There aren't many pictures of Snoke on the internet right now:

[Image: 20151209-starwars-7-info-rumeurs-snoke-01.jpg]

Don't know how legit this last picture is, but it's interesting . . . .
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 09:41 AM by Golden Jedi Knight.)
12-19-2015 09:39 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator

Just my impression but I think Ren had training as a child. I think the memory of it was lost. I think when kylo went to her mind parts started coming back.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 10:04 AM by bearcatmark.)
12-19-2015 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heisman

SPOILER ALERT FOR EPISODE 8 (that's right, I said "8"). This is NOT a joke. Stop reading this post now if you don't want to know.

Kathleen Kennedy, the owner of Lucasfilm, said this at London's Leicester Square recently: "There will be a handful of new cast members in Episode VIII but also all the cast members you see here tonight will be in it as well." Notice that she used the word "all." So guess who will be back?

Harrison Ford!

WTF?! Did Han Solo really die in Episode 7? Seeing as how the famous Corellian smuggler was stabbed by a lightsaber and fell down a pit, my guess is that Episode 8 will probably have a flashback involving Solo. I guess that would appease fans like me who can't get enough of Ford playing Solo.

Good news!
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 10:13 AM by Golden Jedi Knight.)
12-19-2015 10:12 AM
Heisman

(12-19-2015 10:03 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Just my impression but I think Ren had training as a child. I think the memory of it was lost. I think when kylo went to her mind parts started coming back.

I think you meant "Rey" when you typed "Ren." I don't have any doubt that Rey had training as a child. The flashback scene, I think, pretty much confirmed that. Not to mention the fact that she handled her staff weapon and a lightsaber somewhat well.
12-19-2015 10:33 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Nerds.
12-19-2015 10:52 AM
Advertisement

Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
**SPOILER ALERT**

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE...

Did anyone else notice that the entire movie is almost a scene-for-scene carbon copy of the first movie (E4)?

Plans/map hidden in droid, check
Droid wandering on desert planet, check
Young innocent inhabitant finds droid, check
Oops, gotta 'get' the droid to the rebels, check
Bar scene, check
'I am your father' scene, check
Gotta destroy the 'Death Star', check
Above entails knocking out 'something' inside DS, check
X Wing has to hit 'something' on outside, check
Vader-like villain, check; talks to 'emperor', check

What's the difference between Jakku and Tattoine? Same sand, same jawas, same junk dealers... What they did with the ships and effects was truly awesome. This was a great movie, but it's closer to a remake than a new movie. I know there are going to be some common elements to every SW movie... but man, literally almost a carbon copy.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 11:15 AM by Bull.)
12-19-2015 11:15 AM
dezagcoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coogs!

Ren is weak in a sense because of his anger. But Rey is clearly an EXTREMELY strong force user. The whole fight scene she is able to handle the weapon, but is clearly losing. And then suddenly she is reminded about the force and channels it and is able to overtake Ren. I believe that she is meant to be able to be extremely strong with a small amount of training. Snoke will have to finish Ren's training to make him stronger, but Luke will barely train Rey and she'll defeat him. I think the issue is that we're seeing 2 different skywalkers being compared but have no base of comparison to other force users.
12-19-2015 11:49 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
(12-19-2015 11:49 AM)dezagcoog Wrote:  

Ren is weak in a sense because of his anger. But Rey is clearly an EXTREMELY strong force user. The whole fight scene she is able to handle the weapon, but is clearly losing. And then suddenly she is reminded about the force and channels it and is able to overtake Ren. I believe that she is meant to be able to be extremely strong with a small amount of training. Snoke will have to finish Ren's training to make him stronger, but Luke will barely train Rey and she'll defeat him. I think the issue is that we're seeing 2 different skywalkers being compared but have no base of comparison to other force users.
Yeah...I guess. I really enjoyed Darth Maul and Vader because they seemed so daunting. Vader seemed indestructible, so when he was defeated it was epic. Ren seemed like a teen who could do some cool tricks but was weak overall. Great movie though! Only thing I'd change is the fearsomness of Ren....but like was said earlier, that may be coming with more training.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 12:39 PM by tigerjamesc.)
12-19-2015 12:39 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
(12-19-2015 12:45 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  

Those questions should be answered in Episode VIII.

I liked Rey, but she was a Mary Sue. Perfect at everything.

Kylo Ren started out as an amazing beast and was downgraded as the movie went on.

It was a great film, but some elements have been refined.
12-19-2015 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.