Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should UC bid to host 2019 and 2020 AAC Basketball Tournament at 5/3?
Bookmark and Share
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Should UC bid to host 2019 and 2020 AAC Basketball Tournament at 5/3?
Seems like a no brainer that UC (with some help from the City and/or County) would bid to host the 2019 and 2020 AAC Hoop Tournaments as the new 5/3 Arena will be the perfect size (11,500 - 12,500) arena plus have all the high revenue amenities that the way too large NBA arenas in Memphis and Orlando have.

Bids by Memphis and Orlando had the benefit of public $$$ (from the City/County) to help cover much of the costs for the tourn...something UC might need as well.

Hope UC leaders are already thinking about this.

2016 and 2017 AAC Tourn will be held at the home of the Orlando Magic, Amway Center, a building WAY too big for the needs of an AAC Tourn in Orlando...which this year, won't have a most likely Top 25 team in it, SMU, since they are not eligible to play in the post-season this year.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 11:38 AM by KnightLight.)
12-17-2015 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
RE: Should UC bid to host 2018 and 2019 AAC Basketball Tournament at 5/3?
(12-17-2015 11:05 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  Seems like a no brainer that UC (with some help from the City and/or County) would bid to host the 2018 and 2019 AAC Hoop Tournaments as the new 5/3 Arena will be the perfect size (11,500 - 12,500) arena plus have all the high revenue amenities that the way too large NBA arenas in Memphis and Orlando have.

Bids by Memphis and Orlando had the benefit of public $$$ (from the City/County) to help cover much of the costs for the tourn...something UC might need as well.

2016 and 2017 AAC Tourn will be held at the home of the Orlando Magic, Amway Center, a building WAY too big for the needs of an AAC Tourn in Orlando...which this year, won't have a most likely Top 25 team in it, SMU, since they are not eligible to play in the post-season this year.

I'd be awesome if UC won the bid then hosted the tournament while playing in a different one

12-17-2015 11:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Should UC bid to host 2018 and 2019 AAC Basketball Tournament at 5/3?
(12-17-2015 11:09 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(12-17-2015 11:05 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  Seems like a no brainer that UC (with some help from the City and/or County) would bid to host the 2018 and 2019 AAC Hoop Tournaments as the new 5/3 Arena will be the perfect size (11,500 - 12,500) arena plus have all the high revenue amenities that the way too large NBA arenas in Memphis and Orlando have.

I'd be awesome if UC won the bid then hosted the tournament while playing in a different one

That's our hope! But I'm guessing UC stays out of the bidding process for that very reason.

12-17-2015 11:16 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
RE: Should UC bid to host 2019 and 2020 AAC Basketball Tournament at 5/3?
No because we will be in either the B12 or ACC by then....

12-17-2015 10:42 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
It really could be a fairly revealing "tell". It makes a ton of sense for us to want to host it if we're going to be in the conference, so it would be a very curious decision if we don't bid.

And if we do bid, there's really no reason in the world for us not to get it (unless it was just for show). So if we do bid and don't get it, I'd be highly suspicious that the conference doesn't think we'll be around to host it.

12-17-2015 11:34 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(12-17-2015 11:34 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  It really could be a fairly revealing "tell". It makes a ton of sense for us to want to host it if we're going to be in the conference, so it would be a very curious decision if we don't bid.

And if we do bid, there's really no reason in the world for us not to get it (unless it was just for show). So if we do bid and don't get it, I'd be highly suspicious that the conference doesn't think we'll be around to host it.

Good point here...

12-18-2015 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.