Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bearcat Football & Tubs
WizardofWestwood Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Bearcats/Tide
Bearcat Football & Tubs
Coming off a very unspectacular season in which expectations were very high, Coach Tubs has now had 4 decommits in the last week, Gunner Keil is missing from the program and he wants to talk contract extension. At a time when UC needs to show other leagues a solid program it appears there is some chaos in Clifton. The Red Raider faithful told us to beware. 03-banghead
12-16-2015 10:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Bearcat Football & Tubs
12-16-2015 10:32 PM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(12-16-2015 10:29 PM)WizardofWestwood Wrote:  Coming off a very unspectacular season in which expectations were very high, Coach Tubs has now had 4 decommits in the last week, Gunner Keil is missing from the program and he wants to talk contract extension. At a time when UC needs to show other leagues a solid program it appears there is some chaos in Clifton. The Red Raider faithful told us to beware. 03-banghead

as much as I hate to sound like i'm drinking the Kool-Aid, because I do have some serious reservations at this point about the direction of the fball program, I can rationalize a few positives. Here goes:

1) 2 of the de commits went to P5 schools, that hired coaches who had previously the player - but at a lower level (the MAC). did these see UC as a step up they first commited, and now see the younger coach, who they apparently liked from the recruiting trail, at a P5 school as another step up. In other words, this may be more a reflection of P5 / G5 status than anything. a third kid is now getting serious P5 offers - same thing? Its still hard to swallow, though.

2) unless for medical reasons, I really don't remember UC coaches red shirting kids. TT has done it, with a vengeance. Will that pay off, start to bear fruit, long term (although long term, heading into year 4, needs to show its face pretty soon)? This year, at the end of the year, I think there were 6 frosh starting on defense, and 9 0r 10 on the defensive 2 deep.

3) Gunnar Kiel just seems star crossed. None of us truly know how banged up he's been. Same with several of the receivers - several missed games with "nagging" injuries - hamstrings, feet in walking boots, etc.

4) will TT getting an extension help recruiting? can he now say - i'll be there for your 4/5 years - and does that help?

Maybe I'm just being blind, but, I do have some hope. It may be guarded, but I do have some. But, like everyone, I think, my patience is wearing out. It's not necessarily about winning every game, though that would be nice, but about competing and being in the games.
12-17-2015 06:41 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(12-16-2015 10:29 PM)WizardofWestwood Wrote:  Coming off a very unspectacular season in which expectations were very high, Coach Tubs has now had 4 decommits in the last week, Gunner Keil is missing from the program and he wants to talk contract extension. At a time when UC needs to show other leagues a solid program it appears there is some chaos in Clifton. The Red Raider faithful told us to beware. 03-banghead

Wow... For some reason, you sound so...familiar.
12-17-2015 06:47 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(12-17-2015 06:47 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

lol exactly
12-17-2015 09:35 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(12-17-2015 06:47 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

I am convinced that we only have about 15-20 real UC posters on this board. The rest of the usernames are 1-2 guys.
12-17-2015 10:11 AM
k5james Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
Hopefully we'll help you get rid of the guy Christmas eve.
12-17-2015 10:59 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(12-17-2015 10:59 AM)k5james Wrote:  Hopefully we'll help you get rid of the guy Christmas eve.

Nah... He's Teflon. Look for him to sign a 5-year extension before the Bowl Game...probably with either no "buy-out" or something so prohibitive that the school could never really afford it anyway.

And he'll get it too...

On the matter of the Bowl game, Coach Tuberville's self-admitted philosophy is that Bowl Games are "rewards" for the season and a chance for the team to relax and see the world. The game itself is incidental as far as he's concerned.

If the San Diego State margin of victory is anything short of 21 points I would be frankly amazed and somewhat pleased.

SDSU in a rout.
12-17-2015 11:33 AM
k5james Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
(12-17-2015 11:33 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(12-17-2015 10:59 AM)k5james Wrote:  Hopefully we'll help you get rid of the guy Christmas eve.

Nah... He's Teflon. Look for him to sign a 5-year extension before the Bowl Game...probably with either no "buy-out" or something so prohibitive that the school could never really afford it anyway.

And he'll get it too...

On the matter of the Bowl game, Coach Tuberville's self-admitted philosophy is that Bowl Games are "rewards" for the season and a chance for the team to relax and see the world. The game itself is incidental as far as he's concerned.

If the San Diego State margin of victory is anything short of 21 points I would be frankly amazed and somewhat pleased.

SDSU in a rout.

Prepare to be amazed and pleased. I think it's going to be a close game. Rocky Long has a similar attitude about bowl games which is evidenced by his terrible record in them. Supposedly he's doing things different this year but we'll see...
12-17-2015 01:29 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(12-17-2015 01:29 PM)k5james Wrote:  
(12-17-2015 11:33 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

And he'll get it too...

SDSU in a rout.

Prepare to be amazed and pleased. I think it's going to be a close game. Rocky Long has a similar attitude about bowl games which is evidenced by his terrible record in them. Supposedly he's doing things different this year but we'll see...

As a note ... starting QB Gunner Kiel is out . Freshman Hayden Moore will be at QB
12-17-2015 01:42 PM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Chaos with UC Football doesn't bother me much. Hire Rick Minter back.
12-17-2015 02:36 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
If UC knows what's good for them, they'll get Tubs out of there as soon as its financially feasible. UC is a fantastic opportunity for an up-and-comer like Kelly or Jones, but a retread like Tubs won't be good for them long-term.
12-17-2015 02:41 PM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers

Gunner Keil wants a contract extension? So UC is trying to getting in to the SEC now.
12-17-2015 03:14 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(12-17-2015 03:14 PM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  

Gunner Keil wants a contract extension? So UC is trying to getting in to the SEC now.

I think Gunner already graduated so it would never stun me if an aspiring SEC Team/Booster thought getting him to transfer for his last season, don't have to sit out.
12-17-2015 03:43 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(12-17-2015 02:41 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  If UC knows what's good for them, they'll get Tubs out of there as soon as its financially feasible. UC is a fantastic opportunity for an up-and-comer like Kelly or Jones, but a retread like Tubs won't be good for them long-term.

If we don't approach double digit wins next season, barring epic injuries, that could happen, not as though I have any inside info.
12-17-2015 03:45 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
Tumorville is one of the last guys in the country I'd want running my program. The guy will win you a few games early on, then coast until the next opportunity to cash in comes along. He always ends up being a cancer that you finally realize has to be removed, but he bolts before the hammer drops, leaving the program and recruits to wonder "what just happened?"
12-17-2015 10:40 PM
MrCincy Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati
Coach Tubs will do just fine. He will get an extension on his contract and in the next 3 years UC will win the AAC title twice. Sit back and enjoy some great football.
12-18-2015 06:07 AM
Advertisement

UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(12-18-2015 06:07 AM)MrCincy Wrote:  Coach Tubs will do just fine. He will get an extension on his contract and in the next 3 years UC will win the AAC title twice. Sit back and enjoy some great football.

Is that you Mrs. Tuberville?
12-18-2015 08:04 AM
goodknightfl Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Tubbs and bearcats, be as one my friend.
12-18-2015 08:12 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(12-18-2015 08:04 AM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  
(12-18-2015 06:07 AM)MrCincy Wrote:  Coach Tubs will do just fine. He will get an extension on his contract and in the next 3 years UC will win the AAC title twice. Sit back and enjoy some great football.

Is that you Mrs. Tuberville?
Unless Mrs. Tuberville is tiring of Cincinnati and wants to move on, in which case she could be WizardofWestwood.
12-18-2015 08:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.