Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Clemson lands #1 QB
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Clemson lands #1 QB
http://247sports.com/

Flips from Tennessee.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015 09:14 PM by XLance.)
12-14-2015 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Clemson lands #1 QB
Congrats to them...but all it means is they have to babysit him for 13.5 more months.
12-14-2015 09:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Not a big concern. When we accept commitments we make it clear that we don't play games. Marlin Lane found that out and ended up at Tennessee, Issac McDonald was dropped and ended up at West Virginia, and Elijah Daniel ended up at Auburn.

If he does flip we'll be fine with the #7 dual threat QB in the 2016 class backing up the #14 & 22 dual threat QBs in the 2015 class and possibly the #1 dual threat QB in the 2014 class if Watson sticks around for his senior year.

Not to mention we are the leader for the #11 Pro style QB in the same class. He plays for Dabo's roommate at Alabama and already runs an offense modeled after ours.
12-15-2015 03:28 AM
Advertisement

ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
Clemson lands #1 QB
(12-15-2015 03:28 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  Not a big concern. When we accept commitments we make it clear that we don't play games. Marlin Lane found that out and ended up at Tennessee, Issac McDonald was dropped and ended up at West Virginia, and Elijah Daniel ended up at Auburn.

If he does flip we'll be fine with the #7 dual threat QB in the 2016 class backing up the #14 & 22 dual threat QBs in the 2015 class and possibly the #1 dual threat QB in the 2014 class if Watson sticks around for his senior year.

Not to mention we are the leader for the #11 Pro style QB in the same class. He plays for Dabo's roommate at Alabama and already runs an offense modeled after ours.

Dabo has assembled a recruiting machine. It's pretty funny that Muschamp is already telling recruits that Clemson won't be on top for long and that the chickens will be the better program. Based on what, Spanky? 5 straight 10 win seasons? Beating top 10 teams regularly? Recruiting elite talent? This should be fun to watch.
12-15-2015 07:40 AM
ClemVegas Offline
Banned

SC should have landed a coach known for exciting offense. I can't see any great QB and WRs wanting to go play at SC with Muschamp there.
12-15-2015 08:02 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(12-15-2015 07:40 AM)ren.hoek Wrote:  
(12-15-2015 03:28 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  Not a big concern. When we accept commitments we make it clear that we don't play games. Marlin Lane found that out and ended up at Tennessee, Issac McDonald was dropped and ended up at West Virginia, and Elijah Daniel ended up at Auburn.

Dabo has assembled a recruiting machine. It's pretty funny that Muschamp is already telling recruits that Clemson won't be on top for long and that the chickens will be the better program. Based on what, Spanky? 5 straight 10 win seasons? Beating top 10 teams regularly? Recruiting elite talent? This should be fun to watch.

Any high school football player who believes that is probably too dumb to get into Clemson anyway.
12-15-2015 08:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clemsonfan Offline
Water Engineer

Our recruiting is off the charts. Everybody loves Dabo and his staff. He is so inspirational.

He has a clinic and camp for women. My aunt Edna went with her friend Connie. They got to run down the hill and everything. They got back to their town and they are Clemson everything. They had pictures of them running down the hill with some other women and they called the lady from the local paper and got it in the newspaper. They said Dabo is the most inspirational person they have ever met. Everybody in South Carolina wants a chance to rub the rock and run down that hill and Dabo gave all those ladies the opportunity.

They have never been the same. Imagine what he does to inspire our players.
12-15-2015 06:37 PM
Advertisement

ClemVegas Offline
Banned

I ran down the hill as a freshman at Clemson with some friends. climbed up over a tall fence late at night. we actually slide down it head first b/c the grass was wet. Don't remember touching the rock. lol not sure if I even knew about the rock at that time.
12-15-2015 06:41 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Instead of editing the above post from leader to possess a commitment I'll just leave this here

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/T...7-QB-14416

Quote:When you know, you know, and Chase Brice knew Clemson was where his he needs to be.
The 4-star quarterback prospect out of Loganville (GA) Grayson became the fourth commitment of the 2017 recruiting cycle for the Tigers and the second quarterback in three days to commit when he called Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney late Wednesday with a verbal.

Brice joins offensive lineman Noah DeHond, defensive back Baylor Spector and quarterback Hunter Johnson as commits for the cycle. Johnson, a 5-star signal caller out of Indiana, committed to the Tigers Monday.

Brice, the No. 10 QB and No. 223 overall player in the ESPN Junior 300 told TigerNet he has known Clemson was his choice for a while and couldn’t wait any longer.

“I think it was just weighing on my heart heavy, and I've probably known for a while now,” Brice said. “I've really known since a little before the Notre Dame game when I visited. It was just the right place for me to be and the right people for me to be around and the offense just fit me well. I didn't want to wait any longer.”

Quote:Brice boasts 18 offers, including Miami (FL), Louisville, Michigan St. and Virginia Tech, but he says his recruiting is finished.

“I can say that I'm done unless something random shakes up in the future, which I hope doesn't happen,” he said. “I'm done right now, and I'm all in with Clemson.”

The Tigers have true freshmen Kelly Bryant and Tucker Israel already on the roster, 2016 commit Zerrick Cooper will be in next year and they’ve now added Johnson and Brice to the mix. Brice said he isn’t afraid of a little competition.

“No, I'm not. I've been around competition basically my whole life with the league we play in - 6A and about to go to 7A in Georgia,” he said. “Coming up through baseball competition and trying to win a spot. It all started with eighth grade D1 and D2, who's going to compete and who's going to win it out. I had an all-star team and competed there, so I've been around it for a while, since I was a freshman trying to compete for a job, so I'm used to it.”
12-17-2015 03:10 PM
ClemVegas Offline
Banned

I don't get why a 4 star would commit to Clemson if a 5 star just did and we have other top QBs. if you want to play, that is. I'll take it. lol

if watson stays all 4 years, a lot of talent will have been wasted at that position.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 03:47 PM by ClemVegas.)
12-17-2015 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.