Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Meanwhile, on that shining city on a hill...
Bookmark and Share
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
I "normal"-ly wouldn't do this, but as far as I'm concerned the door has been opened...

Atrocious attendance for FCS Playoffs at Hancock Stadium

Quote:The No. 2-seeded Illinois State University football team grinded out a 36-19 FCS playoffs second round win over Western Illinois Saturday afternoon in front of an abysmal Hancock Stadium attendance of 6,124 fans.

It was a glorious, sunny December day with game time temperatures reaching 40 degrees, minimal winds and not a cloud in the sky. The scene couldn’t have been set any better for a playoff showdown featuring the second best team in the country hosting in-state rival WIU, yet the Bloomington-Normal community and ISU students could not show up and fill even half of Hancock Stadium, which holds a capactiy of 13,391. ...

Despite all of these accolades and the high quality product being produced on the field, the FCS playoff second round match at Hancock Stadium looked more like a hyped up high school game than anything due to the lack of ISU fan support.

For years ISU has been considered a basketball school, but the tide has quickly turned.

6,124 (if that; see below!) fans for a sunny Saturday afternoon playoff game! And more than 1,000 were from WIU! Here's what it looked like at halftime--

[Image: IMG_1945-500x333.jpg]

But that was last week, right? And they won! So what did they follow up with, in their first ever I-AA quarterfinal home game vs. Richmond? A loss, 39-27 in front of an even more atrocious 5,356 fans!

Maybe all the fans were just watching at home on... let's see where it was televised... ESPN3.com?

And their basketball record? 3-6.

Maybe they can become a volleyball school? Water polo? Table tennis? 05-stirthepot
12-12-2015 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
RE: Meanwhile, on that shining city on a hill...
(12-12-2015 07:41 PM)Max Power Wrote:  I "normal"-ly wouldn't do this, but as far as I'm concerned the door has been opened...

Quote:The No. 2-seeded Illinois State University football team grinded out a 36-19 FCS playoffs second round win over Western Illinois Saturday afternoon in front of an abysmal Hancock Stadium attendance of 6,124 fans.

It was a glorious, sunny December day with game time temperatures reaching 40 degrees, minimal winds and not a cloud in the sky. The scene couldn’t have been set any better for a playoff showdown featuring the second best team in the country hosting in-state rival WIU, yet the Bloomington-Normal community and ISU students could not show up and fill even half of Hancock Stadium, which holds a capactiy of 13,391. ...

Despite all of these accolades and the high quality product being produced on the field, the FCS playoff second round match at Hancock Stadium looked more like a hyped up high school game than anything due to the lack of ISU fan support.

For years ISU has been considered a basketball school, but the tide has quickly turned.

6,124 (if that; see below!) fans for a sunny Saturday afternoon playoff game! And more than 1,000 were from WIU! Here's what it looked like at halftime--

But that was last week, right? And they won! So what did they follow up with, in their first ever I-AA quarterfinal home game vs. Richmond? A loss, 39-27 in front of an even more atrocious 5,356 fans!

Maybe all the fans were just watching at home on... let's see where it was televised... ESPN3.com?

Maybe they can become a volleyball school? Water polo? Table tennis? 05-stirthepot

You realize you're opening a portal to the netherworld, allowing a certain troll to materialize on the spot and annoy us all for about 3 weeks straight...
12-12-2015 07:51 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

I Root For: NIU
(12-12-2015 07:51 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 07:41 PM)Max Power Wrote:  I "normal"-ly wouldn't do this, but as far as I'm concerned the door has been opened...

You realize you're opening a portal to the netherworld, allowing a certain troll to materialize on the spot and annoy us all for about 3 weeks straight...

He knows....but it is still really funny.
12-12-2015 08:14 PM
JB04 Offline
1st String

I saw the attendance at 5k as well and thought ouch...has to hurt team motivation. Anyhow didn't post anything because I didn't want to open the gates to hell.

Interesting thing is NDState game had a really good crowd. Doesn't mean anything, just interesting that ND state can pack the place.
12-12-2015 10:04 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(12-12-2015 10:04 PM)JB04 Wrote:  I saw the attendance at 5k as well and thought ouch...has to hurt team motivation. Anyhow didn't post anything because I didn't want to open the gates to hell.

Interesting thing is NDState game had a really good crowd. Doesn't mean anything, just interesting that ND state can pack the place.

North Dakota still hasn't discovered High Definition Television yet.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 10:22 PM by DogPoundNorth.)
12-12-2015 10:22 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(12-12-2015 10:22 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 10:04 PM)JB04 Wrote:  I saw the attendance at 5k as well and thought ouch...has to hurt team motivation. Anyhow didn't post anything because I didn't want to open the gates to hell.

That and they pretty much have a monopoly on entertainment in the state.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 11:24 PM by thxjoenovak.)
12-12-2015 11:23 PM
Advertisement

bigdhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu, bears
(12-12-2015 11:23 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  

Hey, but you know what......their fans travel very well, as evidenced by their numbers showing up in Frisco/Addison for the FCS championship
12-13-2015 01:11 AM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox

04-bow well done
12-13-2015 01:44 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Sorry, the crow must be eaten. Trolling has its consequences.

NDSU would've turned ISU's stadium into Fargodome South if they won, so in a way they should be grateful they didn't. Would be like Ohio State fans visiting Indiana.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015 01:49 AM by Max Power.)
12-13-2015 01:47 AM
DoubleHuskie84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N I U
Ya, but look at the band....
12-13-2015 03:57 AM
northernbear1 Offline
Bench Warmer

That band looks nice. Wonder if they will put that picture up in the Boner Student Center to show the students how fun their biggest game of the season can be.

I wonder if all of the students were studying, I mean they have an average ACT score of 22-23! Those eggheads down in Normal!
12-13-2015 10:18 AM
Advertisement

northernbear1 Offline
Bench Warmer

ISU losing pleases me.
12-13-2015 10:23 AM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
Keep working really hard and maybe someday they can be EMU.

[Image: 474_Saturday_Afternoon_at_The_Factory]
12-13-2015 11:07 AM
HuskiePride12 Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(12-13-2015 11:07 AM)cawoo22 Wrote:  Keep working really hard and maybe someday they can be EMU.

[Image: 474_Saturday_Afternoon_at_The_Factory]

Fear the grey turf!
12-13-2015 11:45 AM
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

NIU vs isu in wbb today...
12-13-2015 12:27 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(12-13-2015 01:11 AM)bigdhuskie Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 11:23 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  

Hey, but you know what......their fans travel very well, as evidenced by their numbers showing up in Frisco/Addison for the FCS championship

True dat. Great program.
12-13-2015 12:29 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Yeah, I'm shocked. At least EMU gets to say they're always at the bottom of their division where they play, and in the shadows of Ann Arbor. Illinois State, a D1AA power, #2 in the country -- you'd figure for a PLAYOFF game, it wouldn't be difficult to have 90%+ capacity on a great day!
12-13-2015 03:00 PM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

Lmfao!! 04-bow this thread
L03-lmfao
12-13-2015 04:23 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(12-13-2015 10:18 AM)northernbear1 Wrote:  That band looks nice. Wonder if they will put that picture up in the Boner Student Center to show the students how fun their biggest game of the season can be.

I wonder if all of the students were studying, I mean they have an average ACT score of 22-23! Those eggheads down in Normal!

03-lmfao 04-cheers
12-13-2015 05:52 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
Pretty sure he's banned from posting

But he can read all this and stew in his inferiority and anger all he wants haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
12-13-2015 06:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.