Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama/Mississippi All-Star game being hosted at USM's MM Roberts Stadium this year
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Alabama/Mississippi All-Star game being hosted at USM's MM Roberts Stadium this year
Lots of big-time recruits have been in town this week and will be squaring off this weekend. It's usually held in Alabama but this is the first year in a long time it's in Mississippi and we're getting to host it over Ole Miss and MSU. The deal w/ MSU/OM is that they would rotate the state HS playoffs while USM gets to host the MS/AL All-Star game. A great trade-off if you ask me. Does any of your states have similar games like this? It's a great opportunity for prime-time HS prospects to check out schools campuses, stadiums, towns, etc.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 09:28 AM by TTT.)
12-10-2015 09:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Alabama/Mississippi All-Star game being hosted at USM's MM Roberts Stadium this year
I know we have one commit from Bassfield playing in the game. I would like to personally have the high school state championship games and this one rotated among the "big 3" in MS.
12-11-2015 02:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Alabama/Mississippi All-Star game being hosted at USM's MM Roberts Stadium this year
UABs QB recruit Tyler Johnston will be on the Alabama squad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
12-11-2015 03:08 AM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

This is actually the first time the game has EVER been played in MS.

Lots of talent between the two squads.
12-11-2015 08:36 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

The high school state championship will be in Hattiesburg in a few years. I wanna say like '18 and '19.
12-11-2015 10:06 AM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

(12-11-2015 02:41 AM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  I know we have one commit from Bassfield playing in the game. I would like to personally have the high school state championship games and this one rotated among the "big 3" in MS.

Also have a DE/LB from the coast, a DB from South Panola, and an OL on the AL team.
12-11-2015 11:30 AM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

Only negative thing is our coaches cant have any contact with these kids. They can watch practices and the game.

What is more weird is the players must leave campus right after the game but can return for a official visit that day.
12-11-2015 11:42 AM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(12-11-2015 11:42 AM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  Only negative thing is our coaches cant have any contact with these kids. They can watch practices and the game.

What is more weird is the players must leave campus right after the game but can return for a official visit that day.

The good part about it though is that those that are indecisive from either state will get a chance to come to campus to see everything AND it not be considered an official visit.
12-11-2015 12:02 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Here is video of the game

12-13-2015 01:33 AM
SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

Miss. team beats Ala. 28-21!
12-13-2015 02:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RockTheRock Offline
Special Teams

(12-11-2015 10:06 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  The high school state championship will be in Hattiesburg in a few years. I wanna say like '18 and '19.

When the coaches from the south part of the state figured out they would have to travel north for championship games every year, they forced the MSHAA to alter the agreement and include Southern Miss for the championship game rotation. But the all star game will rotate between an Alabama location and USM only.
12-13-2015 08:47 AM
Advertisement

Noodles Offline
All American

There was some unreal talent on the field yesterday. Alabama's defense had at least 2 five-star guys... Ben Davis is incredible. Mississippi's offense was loaded with receivers. Jordan Duncan, a Cal commit, got 1 pass. AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are phenomenal.
USM commit Racheem Boothe is a stud at linebacker.
12-13-2015 12:24 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

(12-13-2015 12:24 PM)Noodles Wrote:  There was some unreal talent on the field yesterday. Alabama's defense had at least 2 five-star guys... Ben Davis is incredible. Mississippi's offense was loaded with receivers. Jordan Duncan, a Cal commit, got 1 pass. AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are phenomenal.

I don't understand why any MS players would wanna go all the way out to Cal to play. Must really hate the South.
12-13-2015 06:56 PM
NavyGoldenEagle Offline
Water Engineer

(12-13-2015 06:56 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  
(12-13-2015 12:24 PM)Noodles Wrote:  There was some unreal talent on the field yesterday. Alabama's defense had at least 2 five-star guys... Ben Davis is incredible. Mississippi's offense was loaded with receivers. Jordan Duncan, a Cal commit, got 1 pass. AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are phenomenal.

I don't understand why any MS players would wanna go all the way out to Cal to play. Must really hate the South.

Maybe he wants a big time education.
12-13-2015 07:10 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

(12-13-2015 07:10 PM)NavyGoldenEagle Wrote:  

There are plenty of places that can offer that in the South.
12-13-2015 08:18 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Kids like to get away to the big city or somewhere "cooler" than home...and usually transfer back in a season or two.
12-13-2015 09:20 PM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(12-13-2015 09:20 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  

Kids like to get away to the big city or somewhere "cooler" than home...and usually transfer back in a season or two.

He comes from a family full of natural athletes. like the 4th or 5th one that are legit d1 players. BUT if he qualifies he will be the first of the family to play above a juco. I have very high doubts he ever makes it out there.
12-13-2015 11:42 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

01-wingedeagle
12-13-2015 11:45 PM
All American

(12-13-2015 11:42 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(12-13-2015 09:20 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  

He comes from a family full of natural athletes. like the 4th or 5th one that are legit d1 players. BUT if he qualifies he will be the first of the family to play above a juco. I have very high doubts he ever makes it out there.

If he doesnt make it out there, the main reason would be a coaching change at CAL. There's an asst. coach at CAL that has ties to MS...There's at least one other player from MS committed to CAL.
12-14-2015 09:51 AM
All American

And I don't understand why any CALI players would come to MS to play, but it happens. Must really hate nice weather.
12-14-2015 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.