Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Western officially accepts Miami Bowl vs USF
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – WKU is headed south for bowl season in consecutive years as the 2015 Conference USA Champions have accepted their invitation to the 2015 Miami Beach Bowl, slated for a 1:30 p.m. (CT) kick on December 21 at Marlins Park.

The No. 25 Hilltoppers (11-2), who have been bowl eligible in five consecutive seasons, the longest active streak in C-USA, will face American Athletic Conference member South Florida (8-4) in the game.

“We are excited to be taking part in our second consecutive bowl game as a member of Conference USA," Director of Athletics Todd Stewart said. "Our national profile has been raised by our affiliation with the league, and we have another tremendous bowl destination to reward our coaches and student-athletes for their efforts in getting our program to this point. It will be an exciting game, and WKU is proud to represent our league in the Miami Beach Bowl.”

Under head coach Jeff Brohm, the Hilltoppers have tallied an FBS record 11 wins, the most since the 2002 National Championship team won 12, and C-USA Championship Game MVP quarterback Brandon Doughty leads the nation in completion percentage (71.8), passing touchdowns (45) and points responsible for (286).

Senior placekicker Garrett Schwettman is the nation’s leader in field goal percentage (93.3) while junior receiver Taywan Taylor has broken WKU’s single-season and career records for receiving yards and touchdown receptions as well as the single-season mark for receptions. Taylor is No. 2 nationally and leads C-USA in receiving touchdowns (17) and No. 4 nationally in receiving yards (1,363).

"Playing in a bowl game is something you set as a goal at the beginning of every year, and we’re happy to be able to go play another fantastic bowl game this season and represent Conference USA,” said head coach Jeff Brohm. "Our coaches and players have worked extremely hard to get us to this point, and we look forward to getting back to practice to prepare for a great opponent in South Florida.”
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 04:32 PM by WKUYG.)
12-06-2015 04:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
RE: Western officially accepts Miami Bowl vs USF
The American has 4 members playing P5 opposition and the CUSA champion is facing the 5th ranked AAC member in an American owned Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 05:04 PM by IceJus10.)
12-06-2015 05:03 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Congrats WKU on a great season look forward to playing you guys in the Miami Beach Bowl. I live in the area so if you guys have any questions feel free to ask
12-06-2015 07:15 PM
Psychored Offline
Special Teams

(12-06-2015 05:03 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  The American has 4 members playing P5 opposition and the CUSA champion is facing the 5th ranked AAC member in an American owned Bowl.

The American has 3 teams at 7-1 in conference play. USF is next at 6-2 in conference
12-06-2015 09:31 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Having watched the Bulls closely this year, and in particularly their last 7 games, I can safely say that this will NOT be an easy out for the Hilltoppers. But I do believe WKU us more than up to the task assuming they don't take USF lightly. I doubt that is the case given the coaching connection. WKU looks to be about a 3 point favorite, if I had to make a guess. That sounds about right.
12-07-2015 06:50 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
(12-06-2015 09:31 PM)Psychored Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 05:03 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  The American has 4 members playing P5 opposition and the CUSA champion is facing the 5th ranked AAC member in an American owned Bowl.

The American has 3 teams at 7-1 in conference play. USF is next at 6-2 in conference

I said RANKED... Houston (12-1), Navy (9-2, likely 10-2 after Army), Temple (10-3) are all ranked in the top 25 and Memphis (9-3) is getting votes in all polls, and USF (8-4) is getting votes in one... that makes USF the 5th ranked American program.
12-07-2015 11:29 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Was hoping to play Temple or Memphis....This is not bad though, will be great to hear some quotes from WT...He had some memorable ones in his time at WKU..Should be a pretty good game as USF has been on fire, hopefully all of this time in between games for them will cause them to lose some of their momentum....Also glad we dont play Central Michigan for the third time...
12-07-2015 11:32 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

(12-07-2015 06:50 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  Having watched the Bulls closely this year, and in particularly their last 7 games, I can safely say that this will NOT be an easy out for the Hilltoppers. But I do believe WKU us more than up to the task assuming they don't take USF lightly. I doubt that is the case given the coaching connection. WKU looks to be about a 3 point favorite, if I had to make a guess. That sounds about right.
Based on what I have read on message boards at least looks like the USF fans are expecting as easy game more so than WKU fans. I expect a close but high scoring game since both teams are playing their best right now.
12-08-2015 06:13 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Online
Heisman

(12-08-2015 06:13 AM)Franko Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 06:50 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  Having watched the Bulls closely this year, and in particularly their last 7 games, I can safely say that this will NOT be an easy out for the Hilltoppers. But I do believe WKU us more than up to the task assuming they don't take USF lightly. I doubt that is the case given the coaching connection. WKU looks to be about a 3 point favorite, if I had to make a guess. That sounds about right.
Based on what I have read on message boards at least looks like the USF fans are expecting as easy game more so than WKU fans. I expect a close but high scoring game since both teams are playing their best right now.

Seems Many USF fans expect a 20 point or better win and can't see us being competitive
12-08-2015 08:34 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
USF doesn't exactly have one of the best pass defenses in the nation.

Frankly, I would like to see what evidence exists that USF won't get boat raced like most everyone else wkcc has played this year.
12-08-2015 08:48 AM
thunder1114 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall
WKU is a very competitive team. I am afraid the AAC thinks very highly of themselves and have under estimated WKU. Go and give them the game you have given all year long. Good luck and bring the CUSA a win!!
12-08-2015 08:49 AM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
(12-08-2015 08:48 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  USF doesn't exactly have one of the best pass defenses in the nation.

Frankly, I would like to see what evidence exists that USF won't get boat raced like most everyone else wkcc has played this year.

USF demolished Temple, a team many consider to be better than WKU (whether true or not).

USF destroyed Cincinnati, scoring 65 points (51 at the half), a team generally regarded as having the best pure talent in the AAC.

USF scored 153 points in last 3 games of year, all blowouts.

USF has won 7 of last 8 and quite possibly is playing better than anyone in AAC right now. The lone loss was at Navy, which USF led in the 4th quarter.

LOL. USF will not get "boat raced". If you think that, then you just haven't been watching. I am expecting a quality, competitive, high scoring game, though from 2 teams that are playing at a very high level right now.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 09:50 AM by BullsFanInTX.)
12-08-2015 09:47 AM
Psychored Offline
Special Teams

(12-08-2015 09:47 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 08:48 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  USF doesn't exactly have one of the best pass defenses in the nation.

USF demolished Temple, a team many consider to be better than WKU (whether true or not).

USF destroyed Cincinnati, scoring 65 points (51 at the half), a team generally regarded as having the best pure talent in the AAC.

USF has won 7 of last 8 and quite possibly is playing better than anyone in AAC right now. The lone loss was at Navy, which USF led in the 4th quarter.

LOL. USF will not get "boat raced". If you think that, then you just haven't been watching. I am expecting a quality, competitive, high scoring game, though from 2 teams that are playing at a very high level right now.

I think that's what most WKU fans believe as well. 04-cheers
12-08-2015 09:53 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
(12-08-2015 09:53 AM)Psychored Wrote:  

I think that's what most WKU fans believe as well. 04-cheers

Yep, I have a lot of respect for what WKU has done this year. They are obviously deserving of a top 25 ranking. IMO, even though USF isn't ranked (but receiving votes), we're playing at a top 25 level right now. Hoping the 3 week break doesn't cool us off too much. Looking forward to a great game and I really like this matchup. There's a reason some experts are calling this one of the best non NY6 bowls out there
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 09:59 AM by BullsFanInTX.)
12-08-2015 09:57 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Question: Does the CUSA Champ get their choice of bowl?
If so why wouldn't WKU want to play in the HOD vs Washington? Or the Poinsettia vs Boise State?
12-08-2015 10:13 AM
Psychored Offline
Special Teams

(12-08-2015 10:13 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Question: Does the CUSA Champ get their choice of bowl?
If so why wouldn't WKU want to play in the HOD vs Washington? Or the Poinsettia vs Boise State?

WKU had their choice of the CUSA Bowl tie ins, Poinsettia isn't one (wish it was). Since we have numerous Fla kids on the roster and recruit Fla, the powers that be chose this bowl. Also, it's a good destination city for fans.
12-08-2015 10:38 AM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels

Would you prefer the term "donkey stomped"? 04-rock05-stirthepot
12-08-2015 11:00 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
I'm just kidding. USF is a good program that is clearly on the rise. I think this one will be a dandy... I don't think anyone is going to get ran/passed out of the stadium. Should be a good game! 04-cheers
12-08-2015 11:02 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
i understand that home boards are home boards.

but heyzeus in a clown car. 90% of the folks on the usf board are embarrassed by drawing western. 90% are predicting boat racing western. most of it stems from what a joke cusa is in their opinion.

i think it will be a good game and a great matchup between contrasting styles. our guys better be in for a physical matchup. i honestly don't think that'll be a problem especially after the way our team out-physicalled and manhandled both usm and marshall. i just know willie t. will have his boys hitting and hitting hard.

of course i'd love an easy win but you're not going to get them this time of year. after watching willie for years and brohm for 3 (oc for petrino) i'd put my money on brohm in crunch time. willie, unless he's changed, seems to burn timeouts just to get plays run during 3rd quarters.

their fan base is one of the more arrogant i've run across in some time. to be honest there are a few guys trying to say that western is a pretty good team and it will be a game. but they're getting shouted down as heretics.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 11:06 AM by dahbeed.)
12-08-2015 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-08-2015 11:04 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  i understand that home boards are home boards.

but heyzeus in a clown car. 90% of the folks on the usf board are embarrassed by drawing western. 90% are predicting boat racing western. most of it stems from what a joke cusa is in their opinion.

i think it will be a good game and a great matchup between contrasting styles. our guys better be in for a physical matchup. i honestly don't think that'll be a problem especially after the way our team out-physicalled and manhandled both usm and marshall. i just know willie t. will have his boys hitting and hitting hard.

of course i'd love an easy win but you're not going to get them this time of year. after watching willie for years and brohm for 3 (oc for petrino) i'd put my money on brohm in crunch time. willie, unless he's changed, seems to burn timeouts just to get plays run during 3rd quarters.

their fan base is one of the more arrogant i've run across in some time. to be honest there are a few guys trying to say that western is a pretty good team and it will be a game. but they're getting shouted down as heretics.

I'm watching that line.....I'm easily taking you guys....just need it to drop a tad....

I'll buy it down to 2.5 if I have to....USF is hot right now.....if one denies that and thinks wku is going to steam roll is just silly.....

with USF being one of the the three '05 football defectors along with UL and TCU, they will be reminded why they left before the game and that they are the underdog.....
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 12:22 PM by stinkfist.)
12-08-2015 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.