Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Lurry up for any awards?
Bookmark and Share
4PhaseDelta Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Is Lurry up for any awards?
Don't think I've seen any posts... but after the pick 6, he officially finished the season as the stand alone leader in INTs this season, also has the most Int yards... Do they factor in the lack of tackles as a negative??? or does that become a positive due to the fact that teams began not throwing the ball his way. I feel like his performance this season alone was the reason we either A) won or B) almost pulled off an upset. If Ohio St. would've gone on to win out, and NIU would've ended up being their closest game of the season, I think Lurry would be on a couple of National lists (probably 2nd and 3rd team, maybe a 1st team stud on someones list).
12-06-2015 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

RE: Is Lurry up for any awards?
(12-06-2015 12:24 PM)4PhaseDelta Wrote:  Don't think I've seen any posts... but after the pick 6, he officially finished the season as the stand alone leader in INTs this season, also has the most Int yards... Do they factor in the lack of tackles as a negative??? or does that become a positive due to the fact that teams began not throwing the ball his way. I feel like his performance this season alone was the reason we either A) won or B) almost pulled off an upset. If Ohio St. would've gone on to win out, and NIU would've ended up being their closest game of the season, I think Lurry would be on a couple of National lists (probably 2nd and 3rd team, maybe a 1st team stud on someones list).

The only award he could have been up for was the Thorpe Award, but he was not a finalist.
12-06-2015 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
4PhaseDelta Offline
Special Teams

(12-06-2015 12:26 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 12:24 PM)4PhaseDelta Wrote:  Don't think I've seen any posts... but after the pick 6, he officially finished the season as the stand alone leader in INTs this season, also has the most Int yards... Do they factor in the lack of tackles as a negative??? or does that become a positive due to the fact that teams began not throwing the ball his way. I feel like his performance this season alone was the reason we either A) won or B) almost pulled off an upset. If Ohio St. would've gone on to win out, and NIU would've ended up being their closest game of the season, I think Lurry would be on a couple of National lists (probably 2nd and 3rd team, maybe a 1st team stud on someones list).

The only award he could have been up for was the Thorpe Award, but he was not a finalist.

had a feeling... ****'s sad... u put a P5 school next to his name instead of NIU, and he'd be a finalist 9 times out of 10
12-06-2015 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huskiehog64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
He was a mid-season All-American, so I could see him finishing the year as one.

04-cheers
12-06-2015 12:35 PM
4PhaseDelta Offline
Special Teams

(12-06-2015 12:35 PM)huskiehog64 Wrote:  He was a mid-season All-American, so I could see him finishing the year as one.

04-cheers

I'd hope so, but with the way the team finished, the bureaucrats would find a way to bump him down to *honorable mention* ..... 1st edit: actually.. i went to look up the mid-season list, see his name nowhere on 1st or 2nd team. 2nd edit: I see him on the USA Today
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 12:50 PM by 4PhaseDelta.)
12-06-2015 12:43 PM
Advertisement

huskiehog64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Im sure he will start next year on the Thorpe "watch list" for whatever thats worth.

04-cheers
12-06-2015 12:46 PM
4PhaseDelta Offline
Special Teams

(12-06-2015 12:46 PM)huskiehog64 Wrote:  Im sure he will start next year on the Thorpe "watch list" for whatever thats worth.

04-cheers

yeah, hopefully J. Ward pays the DBs a visit and talks to them, especially Lurry. Lurry is what, only a Sophomore and now has a perfect opportunity to honestly pull off two more amazing seasons and surpass what Jimmie did here... Will Lurry end up a 1st round squeaker pick, possibly not due to Jimmie not panning out as planned so far, but he'll def be a 2nd - 3rd rounder if he keeps up this level of play. If he finishes top 3 in Ints the next two seasons, he'll easily have to be 1st team All American by his senior season, which actually would/could propel him into a legit 1st round option. That kids special... just needs to work on his tackling, other than that, he's a INT machine.
12-06-2015 12:55 PM
Advertisement

PrideinthePack Offline
1st String

Top 3 in INT for 2 more years is going to be damn near impossible. I'd like to know the list of guys who finished Top 3 two years in a row, let alone three in a row.
12-06-2015 01:17 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
He'll be lucky to not get prosecuted for his daring thefts. At least he returned the last one...maybe they'll go easy on him.
12-06-2015 01:17 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(12-06-2015 01:17 PM)PrideinthePack Wrote:  Top 3 in INT for 2 more years is going to be damn near impossible. I'd like to know the list of guys who finished Top 3 two years in a row, let alone three in a row.

Teams will just stop throwing his way (which is a good thing).

I don't know how much the pros will like him. He's a great player for us, but the trend in the NFL is for bigger and bigger DBs. They're not going to look at INT totals when they evaluate. That doesn't diminish what he's doing for us at all, but won't factor in to their decision making as much as one might think.

He's got great instincts, though, and is a joy to watch.
12-06-2015 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.