Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chris Ash to Rutgers
Bookmark and Share
RutgersMike Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers
Chris Ash to Rutgers
According to SI and NJ.com, Chris Ash, the Ohio State DC, will be next HC at Rutgers, pending a Monday vote by the Rutgers Board of Governors.
12-05-2015 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
RE: Chris Ash to Rutgers
Awesome for yall.
12-05-2015 02:29 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

I like the hire.
12-05-2015 02:42 PM
Jimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

Chris Ash to Rutgers
I'm pleased with this news. It's bolder than going with a retread and better than promoting from within. The truth is there are very few names that can make people swoon nationwide when announced (Richt, Harbaugh, Meyer).

His recruiting coordinators will be key, and I look forward to seeing who is the OC.

It's also interesting that both Maryland and Rutgers hired defensive guys.
12-06-2015 01:48 AM
Advertisement

Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Can't imagine Rutgers making a better hire than this. Illinois should be kicking themselves now
12-06-2015 01:14 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Solid hire from my limited knowledge. I don't know much about Ash but if he's anything like Maryland's new coach then he seems good. That eastern division looks very competitive. Maybe the Big Ten will have to expand to make things a little more manageable.
12-06-2015 02:25 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

(12-06-2015 01:14 PM)Policiious Wrote:  Can't imagine Rutgers making a better hire than this. Illinois should be kicking themselves now

Hard to hire a coach when you have an interim president/chancellor and interim AD. Giving Cubit a 2 year deal and basically moving the clock just one year back and letting a new AD make the hire may be the best thing for Illinois in the long run.
12-06-2015 04:17 PM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Posted in coaching thread but will post here also. Reports are that he will coach OSU in the bowl game.
12-06-2015 04:25 PM
Sparty84 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Michigan State
Congrats Rutgers.
12-06-2015 04:54 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Hate to lose him. Think it was a great hire though.
12-07-2015 12:37 AM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

Donators
(12-07-2015 12:37 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  Hate to lose him. Think it was a great hire though.

I was hoping to get your take on Ash. Glad to hear you think well of him. Presser is at 1:30 today and should be on BTN and in the New York area probably one of the RSNs, I think MSG or SNY.
12-07-2015 11:10 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Also saw this :

Rutgers signed Ash to a 5-year contract beginning at $2 million annually. The deal includes bonuses based upon achievement of annual performance and academic incentives established by the university.
12-07-2015 01:00 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
(12-07-2015 11:10 AM)brista21 Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 12:37 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  Hate to lose him. Think it was a great hire though.

I was hoping to get your take on Ash. Glad to hear you think well of him. Presser is at 1:30 today and should be on BTN and in the New York area probably one of the RSNs, I think MSG or SNY.

All assistants are probably a bigger risk than a head coach (although I've softened my stance on that some), but he did well on defense at multiple schools which does tell me something about him beyond the rest of the coaching staff.
12-07-2015 04:40 PM
Advertisement

RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I just want Rutgers to be a annual bowl game participant and once a decade or so win a division title with a group of seniors. That would be great for me. I also just want us to become PSU's legit rival, but that means we need to start beating them and beating them at Happy Valley. Glad we end the season with them the next two years.
12-12-2015 01:15 PM
Transic_nyc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Return To Stability
http://www.njtvonline.org/news/video/rut...t-knights/

Quote:How will he determine the success of this football season?

“Well, a lot of people will say in wins and losses. The biggest thing I’m looking for is do we have a competitive football team that plays extremely hard, that responds to events good and bad that happen on the field? This team is not a team that’s going to ever quit regardless of the circumstances. And I’m looking for a team that gets better as the season goes on you know do we play harder, do we play longer, do we play smarter as the season goes along? Are we fundamentally sound in everything that we do? Do they play faster? Do they understand the offense and defense better at the end of the year than at the beginning. I think the true measure of coach is if a team is playing its best at the end of the season and they got better as the season went on. If I can’t say that when the seasons over, I’ll be extremely disappointed. And if we can do that hopefully there are more successful Saturdays than there are losses.,” Ash said.

Story includes video
04-19-2016 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.