Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Article on how LSU, Miles, and Jimbo Fisher went down last week ...
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Seems like state politics was a big factor in keeping Miles. The dollars needed to pay off Miles and sign Fisher were big, and even though boosters were willing, the optics of LSU doing this at a time when the state higher-ed budget has been slashed and the school might need to plead for more money at the legislature very soon caused the university president and even governor Jindal to intervene.

FWIW, in 20 years of reading this paper, I've found that the Advocate, while clearly supporting LSU, is also independent, it does very good reporting and doesn't pull punches when it comes to airing dirty laundry, so i tend to trust what it writes.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/141791...er-entered
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 07:43 AM by quo vadis.)
12-05-2015 07:42 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
Les and his assistants buyouts are public knowledge. So is jimbos buyout. And we know his salary would be 5 or 6 million on top of all that.

But the lsu president didn't know that and then got sticker shock at the last minute? Let the intermediary talks go on but then it was their choice to drop cuz of the cost which was always that cost ?

What a pile of bs. This is a save face article because Jimbo turned them down. And the all holy sec can't be turned down

Anybody that uses logic knows this article is garbage. More arrogant sec blowhards who can't accept that fsu is a better job and program than Lsu

The bottom line is Jimbo told lsu he wasn't interested so they backtracked last second and look stupid. Otherwise why would they let miles twist for so long if they didn't think they had the deal ? And as I said the numbers were public and never changed

They were so arrogant that they couldn't see that fsu is the better job and better football program
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 07:52 AM by Ragu.)
12-05-2015 07:49 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ball-coach

Hmm the lsu ad says no negotiations were done with Jimbo. Hence the article was bs. Anyone using logic could see this though

They made inquiries to get Jimbo. Jimbo turned them down
12-05-2015 08:17 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

RE: Article on how LSU, Miles, and Jimbo Fisher went down last week ...
(12-05-2015 08:17 AM)Ragu Wrote:  http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ball-coach

Hmm the lsu ad says no negotiations were done with Jimbo. Hence the article was bs. Anyone using logic could see this though

They made inquiries to get Jimbo. Jimbo turned them down

You take the AD's denials at face-value when it is obvious why he'd deny them?

If you don't think Jimbo couldn't have left FSU, you are just plain in denial. LSU is clearly the better job. LSU is as good a job as Florida, which is clearly better than second-banana, little brother job FSU.

Better conference, more fans, more money, more tradition and history. And LSU could have paid him more. That's just reality. 07-coffee3

FWIW, though, LSU is lucky things fell through. Jimbo is an overrated coach. Like Miles, he's a great recruiter, but not much of an actual coach. He won a title strictly because of Jameis Winston, the best college player we've seen since Cam Newton. That's why he defended and clung to Winston like a barnacle last year even though it was obvious Winston was a bum, an embarrassment to the university, and should have been released. But he owed Winston his big new contract. He was smart enough to know that no Winston, no title and no playoff appearance.

I mean, just look at the Oregon playoff game last year: FSU had FAR more talent than Oregon, like twice as many NFL draft picks, but they got blown out because Jimbo can't coach. And without Winston, FSU would have lost 4-5 games last year, even though they had a massive talent advantage over everyone they played.

Jimbo isn't really a good coach. Like Miles, he gets the least that he can out of his talent.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 09:00 AM by quo vadis.)
12-05-2015 08:46 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

Fisher met with the fsu president thrasher the Friday before the Florida game and said he wasn't going anywhere

Then articles around noon Saturday came out all over saying fisher turned down lsu and was staying at fsu.

So then that night you are telling me that high up power brokers who k ew the costs all along suddenly developed sticker shock ?

Puhlease! Again logic tells anyone that this is a garbage save face article because lsu got turned down and the arrogant sec can't take it

Lsu is not a better job than fsu. Fsu has more tradition and is the better program. Fsu has the best winning percentage of any program in fbs in the last 30 years.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 09:09 AM by Ragu.)
12-05-2015 09:01 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-05-2015 09:01 AM)Ragu Wrote:  Fisher met with the fsu president thrasher the Friday before the Florida game and said he wasn't going anywhere

.. after things fell through with LSU. And they fell through because LSU balked at the money he wanted.

You keep believing your FSU fairy-tale if you want. 03-lmfao
12-05-2015 09:02 AM
Advertisement

Ragu Offline
All American

(12-05-2015 09:02 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 09:01 AM)Ragu Wrote:  Fisher met with the fsu president thrasher the Friday before the Florida game and said he wasn't going anywhere

.. after things fell through with LSU. And they fell through because LSU balked at the money he wanted.

So lsu just decided to keep miles twisting in the wind the whole final game day then ? Yeah I'm not buying it.

Lsu was prepared to buyout miles and staff at over 15 million a year. They were prepared to payout fisher who had a buyout of 5 million himself at fsu.

But then they balked at the cost when the cost was the same throughout? I mean seriously you are dumb enough to believe that ? It isn't like the numbers changed

You are one of the least logical posters on here so it's no shock that you can't see the holes in that article
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 09:07 AM by Ragu.)
12-05-2015 09:04 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-05-2015 09:04 AM)Ragu Wrote:  

So lsu just decided to keep miles twisting in the wind the whole final game day then ? Yeah I'm not buying it.

Lsu was prepared to buyout miles and staff at over 15 million a year. They were prepared to payout fisher who had a buyout of 5 million himself at fsu.

But then they balked at the cost when the cost was the same throughout? I mean seriously you are dumb enough to believe that ? It isn't like the numbers changed

What changed was the intervention of the President and Governor. You don't know the final numbers until they negotiated with Jimbo.

Sorry to burst your FSU bubble, but FSU is a second-banana, little brother school in your own state. The U. of Florida is LSU's only peer in that state. That's where you are in the world. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 09:10 AM by quo vadis.)
12-05-2015 09:09 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-05-2015 09:09 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

What changed was the intervention of the President and Governor. You don't know the final numbers until they negotiated with Jimbo.

Sorry to burst your FSU bubble, but FSU is a second-banana, little brother school in your own state. That's where you are in the world. 07-coffee3

So they were prepared for over 20 million in buyout costs. But his salary which at most would go up 1 million a year made them balk?

Yeah sure buddy. Completely logical. Lol indeed

Again fsu is the winningest program in fbs the last 30 years. They have more tradition than lsu.

Your school is 5th banana in Florida btw while we are talking about where teams rank on the ladder
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 09:13 AM by Ragu.)
12-05-2015 09:11 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-05-2015 09:11 AM)Ragu Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 09:09 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

Sorry to burst your FSU bubble, but FSU is a second-banana, little brother school in your own state. That's where you are in the world. 07-coffee3

So they were prepared for over 20 million in buyout costs. But his salary which at most would go up 1 million a year made them balk?

I've tried over and over to explain it to you. Just read the article and stop being FSU delusional.
12-05-2015 09:57 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

I've read the article before you posted it. This is an example of someone having no knowledge of the situation believing a bs article even though any logic points to the holes in that myth story

I broke down the numbers for you. You come back saying jimbos salary increase was what stopped it. It's laughable to say the least
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:01 AM by Ragu.)
12-05-2015 10:00 AM
Advertisement

Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Nebreaska
LSU media are just trying to cover their asses since they started all of that crap and then the LSU message boards took over.

LSU didn't get to the point of having direct talks with Jimbo and when Jimbo said no to LSU (aka staying at FSU), LSU kept Les, which is the right thing to do.

People kept warning LSU what could very easily happen if they had fired Les and if they didn't get Jimbo, which they wouldn't have, they would have ended up hiring a coach that is a clear downgrade from Les.

That is how dumb fans can be when you lose a few games.
12-05-2015 10:02 AM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
That is the word down here. LSU fans are ready with the pitchforks. They want the president and AD fired and burned at the stake.

If true, this is the first time (to my knowledge) in the big TV money age that a big P5 state flagship school allegedly retreated from a football standpoint because of money issues.

Bobby Jindal has gutted LSU's academic side so badly the last eight years that the school president put the brakes on a potential big football coaching hire.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:03 AM by TerryD.)
12-05-2015 10:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ragu Offline
All American

Again that is just plain false. Jimbo never even got to the point of negotiating with lsu. This is just a pro lsu article because they are butthurt that they got turned down.

Jimbo already makes like 5.5 million a year. It wasn't a money issue. Fsu could raise half a million to match lsu. Let's get real here
12-05-2015 10:14 AM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
This is about Louisiana politics, not FSU.

Maybe they had Jimbo on the string, maybe not. I care not either way. I am neither an LSU nor an FSU fan.

The Business Report is run by the brother of one of my law partners. He is a member of the LSU Board of Supervisors. His Dad was the Chairman of the BOS back in the day.

Read the Alexander quote about "upcoming budget battles" and LSU having a "black eye".

Bobby Jindal gutted LSU's budget. I am not talking athletic budget, I mean its entire budget, by tens of millions of dollars.

There is a new Governor starting in January, a Democrat and not a Tea Party guy. LSU will be coming to the legislature next session, seeking tens of millions of new dollars to be put back in its budget.

That is the issue here. LSU did not want to try to stick its head in back into the pork trough after spending twenty million or more on a football coaching change.

This is about LSU politics, Louisiana politics and another example of the clusterfack that is/was Bobby Jindal. This is about looking bad to the public when you want more budget money.

The big LSU boosters are pissed off at their president and the AD because all of this would have been private money, not public.

They think that this was an entire Charlie Fox Trot that will set LSU football back for years. I think that they are right......
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:30 AM by TerryD.)
12-05-2015 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-05-2015 10:02 AM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  LSU media are just trying to cover their asses ...

The Advocate just doesn't do that. 07-coffee3
12-05-2015 10:28 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-05-2015 10:14 AM)Ragu Wrote:  Again that is just plain false. Jimbo never even got to the point of negotiating with lsu.

That is dumb pro-FSU wishful thinking. Jimbo, like any coach, would leave for more money. Especially when he could upgrade from a little brother school in the weakest P5 to a flagship in the strongest.

State politics cut LSU down at the knees. That's what happened. As Terry said, it had nothing to do with FSU.

Listen to Terry. He hates LSU a lot more than you do.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:31 AM by quo vadis.)
12-05-2015 10:30 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-05-2015 10:30 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 10:14 AM)Ragu Wrote:  Again that is just plain false. Jimbo never even got to the point of negotiating with lsu.

That is dumb pro-FSU wishful thinking. Jimbo, like any coach, would leave for more money. Especially when he could upgrade from a little brother school in the weakest P5 to a flagship in the strongest.

State politics cut LSU down at the knees. That's what happened. As Terry said, it had nothing to do with FSU.

Listen to Terry. He hates LSU a lot more than you do.

You are acting like fsu is paying him as a cast off 5th tier mid major like south Florida does.

He is being paid 5.5 million a year after bonuses. Fsu has the money to go to 6. Jimbo is the 5th highest paid coach in college football for God sakes. Miles is 9th

Fsu is the winningest program in college football the last 30 years. Play uf straight up head to head in that time. Same number of titles. Great facilities.

This isn't Michigan vs Michigan state. This isn't Texas vs A&M (who is way more of a little brother and they are sec )

Florida is a way bigger and way better footbsll state than Louisiana. Even if they are 2nd in the state that is a better job than lsu. Fsu has WAY better tradition then lsu.

Again a 5th tier guy from USF who hates on fsu all the time can't see logic and realize the holes in this false story. I don't hate lsu. I just know how it really went down. You on the other hand do hate fsu which clouds your judgement
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:54 AM by Ragu.)
12-05-2015 10:53 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Yea, I have to agree that this has nothing to do with FSU.

I can see why the FSU fans would like to think Jimbo turned somebody down though. They were certainly worried by a lot of accounts.
12-05-2015 11:39 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-05-2015 11:39 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Yea, I have to agree that this has nothing to do with FSU.

I can see why the FSU fans would like to think Jimbo turned somebody down though. They were certainly worried by a lot of accounts.

Shocker that all these sec guys are putting this out there and that people blindly believe it.

Jimbo did turn down lsu. Paul finebaum who hates fsu and loves the sec even came on air multiple times and said that Jimbo turned down lsu.

I know the sec guys think they are above everyone else but they are not. This false narrative is only getting traction with sec homers and people who blindly believe their propaganda
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 11:52 AM by Ragu.)
12-05-2015 11:51 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.