Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coaching upgrades?
Bookmark and Share
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
Coaching upgrades?
The east division is in the process of a much needed coaching upgrade.
I think that the Kirby Smart / Wil Muschamp combo in Georgia is going to be huge. If South Carolina can pull the trigger on RichRod that would bring another solid coach with a unique style to the conference. I don't know much about Barry Odom.
12-04-2015 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
RE: Coaching upgrades?
I think Missouri and Georgia just got worse
12-06-2015 01:02 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

South Carolina will be better if only because of having new life. Recruiting will be vastly upgraded
12-06-2015 01:03 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-06-2015 01:03 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  South Carolina will be better if only because of having new life. Recruiting will be vastly upgraded

If Muschamp is to succeed at South Carolina he needs to hire a very good QB coach and an excellent offensive coordinator. I think Smart will be fine at Georgia. I think Missouri punted and I have concerns about that situation.
12-06-2015 07:41 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(12-06-2015 07:41 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 01:03 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  South Carolina will be better if only because of having new life. Recruiting will be vastly upgraded

If Muschamp is to succeed at South Carolina he needs to hire a very good QB coach and an excellent offensive coordinator. I think Smart will be fine at Georgia. I think Missouri punted and I have concerns about that situation.

I am concerned about Missouri as well. Do you guys believe Muschamp can out- recruit Spurrier?
12-06-2015 11:09 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
(12-06-2015 11:09 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

I am concerned about Missouri as well. Do you guys believe Muschamp can out- recruit Spurrier?

I don't. Spurrier was always a better on-field coach than recruiter. Nonetheless, USC is a hard sell to recruits to begin with and Muschamp is going to be going up against some of the best in the business for talent. Throw in the fact that Muschamp is half crazed and I don't see it working out.
12-07-2015 12:34 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I think Muschamp was a bad hire. The acting like a maniac on the sidelines gets old and parents aren't going to want their kids dealing with it.
12-07-2015 07:35 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-07-2015 07:35 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I think Muschamp was a bad hire. The acting like a maniac on the sidelines gets old and parents aren't going to want their kids dealing with it.

Did you guys notice what I did with these hires? The only current P5 coach to move to another P5 school was Richt and he was essentially fired. The rest of the hires were assistants being upgraded and top G5 coaches being taken. There was no coaching carousel. That tells me that things are so uncertain that none of the other head coaches wanted to move in this climate and that not many of the schools, except those overdue for a change, or desperate, were willing to make a move right now.

It makes me wonder just how worried about the present economic climate they are, (I know I am because of what is happening in foreign markets.) and how worried they are that big movement may be coming. I think if things were settling down that coaching movement within the upper ranks would have been much more involved this year if something else wasn't in the wind.

South Carolina, Missouri and Georgia would have been much more aggressive in their coaching searches if they weren't waiting to see what was going to happen. Nobody was willing to lay out the big dollars this time around to attract a top name hire. I found that extremely curious in light of the last round of movement just a year ago. A coach like Mullen might have jumped at a bigger school but he didn't. Dabo should have been snapped up in his big year, but he wasn't. Something held these things back.
12-07-2015 08:25 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

Mullen is not as good of a candidate as people think. He has recruiting issues. This is why MSU can't seem to lure anyone out of Georgia, Florida or Texas.
12-07-2015 01:38 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

(12-07-2015 08:25 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 07:35 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I think Muschamp was a bad hire. The acting like a maniac on the sidelines gets old and parents aren't going to want their kids dealing with it.

Did you guys notice what I did with these hires? The only current P5 coach to move to another P5 school was Richt and he was essentially fired. The rest of the hires were assistants being upgraded and top G5 coaches being taken. There was no coaching carousel. That tells me that things are so uncertain that none of the other head coaches wanted to move in this climate and that not many of the schools, except those overdue for a change, or desperate, were willing to make a move right now.

It makes me wonder just how worried about the present economic climate they are, (I know I am because of what is happening in foreign markets.) and how worried they are that big movement may be coming. I think if things were settling down that coaching movement within the upper ranks would have been much more involved this year if something else wasn't in the wind.

South Carolina, Missouri and Georgia would have been much more aggressive in their coaching searches if they weren't waiting to see what was going to happen. Nobody was willing to lay out the big dollars this time around to attract a top name hire. I found that extremely curious in light of the last round of movement just a year ago. A coach like Mullen might have jumped at a bigger school but he didn't. Dabo should have been snapped up in his big year, but he wasn't. Something held these things back.

What I don't get is if LSU had the money lined up to buy out Les Miles, why could they not come to terms with Jimbo? I didn't see Jimbo being the savior the LSU fans were looking for, but it appears that situation calmed down the entire head coaching search party with Les not being on the market.
12-07-2015 09:55 PM
Advertisement

murrdcu Offline
1st String

(12-07-2015 01:38 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Mullen is not as good of a candidate as people think. He has recruiting issues. This is why MSU can't seem to lure anyone out of Georgia, Florida or Texas.

Welcome to cowbell hell.
12-07-2015 09:56 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

(12-07-2015 09:56 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 01:38 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  Mullen is not as good of a candidate as people think. He has recruiting issues. This is why MSU can't seem to lure anyone out of Georgia, Florida or Texas.

Welcome to cowbell hell.

03-lmfao
12-08-2015 07:32 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

(12-06-2015 11:09 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

It's not even close. Spurrier basically stopped recruiting after the 2011 class. Anybody good we brought in after that was either sheer luck (Pharoh Cooper and Skai Moore) or was the result of taking several of his buddies as concessions (Mike Davis and the terrible Atlanta recruits we brought with him)

Muschamp has been on the road more in the last two days than Spurrier has in the last two years
12-08-2015 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.