I Root For: Sports
RE: NY6 matchups
(12-01-2015 07:54 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  Orange - Clemson Iowa
Cotton - Alabama OU

Rose - Mich St Stanford
Sugar - TCU Ole Miss

Fiesta - Ohio St Notre Dame
Peach - Florida St Houston

It'll be Baylor instead of TCU- Baylor would be #2 and they're doing their spot based on that. And Ohio St will be in Rose, with winner of Mich St/Iowa in Orange, while loser in Fiesta.
12-01-2015 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
(12-01-2015 07:57 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
Cotton - Alabama OU

Rose - Mich St Stanford
Sugar - TCU Ole Miss

It'll be Baylor instead of TCU- Baylor would be #2 and they're doing their spot based on that. And Ohio St will be in Rose, with winner of Mich St/Iowa in Orange, while loser in Fiesta.

What do you mean by #2? TCU is ranked higher than Baylor. I don't see a win over Texas moving them past. TCU has the head to head win.

Disagree on the B1G. Winner is #4, Orange. Loser is #5, Rose. Ohio St stays #6, Fiesta.
12-01-2015 08:47 PM
PGEMF Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ohio State
Most interpretations of the tiebreaker rules put Baylor in the Sugar. This is a Baylor site, but I've seen it elsewhere

http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-bear...homa-state
12-01-2015 09:19 PM
ohio1317 Offline

(12-01-2015 08:47 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  
Cotton - Alabama OU

Rose - Mich St Stanford
Sugar - TCU Ole Miss

What do you mean by #2? TCU is ranked higher than Baylor. I don't see a win over Texas moving them past. TCU has the head to head win.

Disagree on the B1G. Winner is #4, Orange. Loser is #5, Rose. Ohio St stays #6, Fiesta.

The Rose, Sugar, and Orange when not semi-finals follow the contracts with their respective conferences. Those contracts put the champions in those bowls unless they are in the CFP.

For replacements, it's not necessarily automatic that the next highest ranked in the CFP rankings is the one to go. That depends on a) the contracts between the bowls and conferences and maybe b) conference procedures.

The Rose Bowl contract with the Big Ten states that it can choose the replacement. The Rose Bowl has said it will take the highest available team.

It sounds like the Sugar Bowl contract with the SEC and Big 12 allows those conferences to designate replacements and the conferences have their own procedures for doing so.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 09:35 PM by ohio1317.)
12-01-2015 09:34 PM
Advertisement

ohio1317 Offline

Exact Rose Bowl quotes:
http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/583499

“By contract with our conference partners, this year the Rose Bowl Game will host the conference champions of the Pac-12 and Big Ten conferences,” Rose Bowl committee chairman Scott Jenkins told The Blade. “If the champion is ranked in the top 4 of the final CFP ranking, then we will release that team to play in a semifinal game, and the Tournament of Roses will select a replacement team from that conference. The strong presumption is that we will select the next highest CFP-ranked team in the conference, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.”
12-01-2015 09:39 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

How swell of the Rose Bowl that they would release a top 4 team to play in a semifinal game. Wow.
12-01-2015 09:40 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Re: RE: NY6 matchups
(12-01-2015 09:34 PM)ohio1317 Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 08:47 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  
Cotton - Alabama OU

Rose - Mich St Stanford
Sugar - TCU Ole Miss

The Rose, Sugar, and Orange when not semi-finals follow the contracts with their respective conferences. Those contracts put the champions in those bowls unless they are in the CFP.

For replacements, it's not necessarily automatic that the next highest ranked in the CFP rankings is the one to go. That depends on a) the contracts between the bowls and conferences and maybe b) conference procedures.

The Rose Bowl contract with the Big Ten states that it can choose the replacement. The Rose Bowl has said it will take the highest available team.

It sounds like the Sugar Bowl contract with the SEC and Big 12 allows those conferences to designate replacements and the conferences have their own procedures for doing so.

In the SEC, if Alabama wins the CCG then Ole Miss is in the Sugar, otherwise it's Florida.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 09:41 PM by quo vadis.)
12-01-2015 09:40 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
This has already been planned out with P5 approval. There is no slight to any team as they have all signed up for this.

What they didn't sign up for is Oklahoma already wrapping up a CFP birth. Just not how it was presented to them.
12-01-2015 09:42 PM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

I Root For: Utah, UVU, North Dakota
So I wonder what will happen to the ACC if North Carolina beats Clemson, but UNC & Clemson both don't get into the playoff.

I guess both would get a NY6 bowl game over Florida State? UNC to the Orange Bowl, Clemson in the Peach?
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 10:09 PM by AuzGrams.)
12-01-2015 10:09 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

(12-01-2015 10:09 PM)AuzGrams Wrote:  So I wonder what will happen to the ACC if North Carolina beats Clemson, but UNC & Clemson both don't get into the playoff.

I guess both would get a NY6 bowl game over Florida State? UNC to the Orange Bowl, Clemson in the Peach?

UNC would go Peach, Clemson to Fiesta(or vice versa). Remember Orange is SF this year.
12-01-2015 10:10 PM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

Whoops, I never remember the semi-final sites
12-01-2015 10:13 PM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
I think there is a small chance we (TCU) could make a NY6 bowl if there is a blow out in the Big 10 CCG. The committee punished OSU pretty good (more than the polls) with the loss to OU. I also wonder what will happen to FSU's best win in Florida loses big and maybe even drops out. They would have no top 25 wins and a bad loss to a 3-9 team. My guess is that neither happen, but something to watch for.
12-01-2015 10:20 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(12-01-2015 10:20 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  I think there is a small chance we (TCU) could make a NY6 bowl if there is a blow out in the Big 10 CCG. The committee punished OSU pretty good (more than the polls) with the loss to OU. I also wonder what will happen to FSU's best win in Florida loses big and maybe even drops out. They would have no top 25 wins and a bad loss to a 3-9 team. My guess is that neither happen, but something to watch for.

lets think about it....
Stanford loses to USC
UNC loses to Clemson.
Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Iowa/Mich St are in the playoffs....
Rose is USC/Ohio St-Iowa-Mich St.

4 access teams are-
Ohio St-Iowa-Mich St
Notre Dame
Florida St
Houston-Temple

The ONLY hope IMO is if Michigan St got blown out. then maybe. But even there, probably doubtful.
12-01-2015 10:23 PM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

(12-01-2015 10:23 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 10:20 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  I think there is a small chance we (TCU) could make a NY6 bowl if there is a blow out in the Big 10 CCG. The committee punished OSU pretty good (more than the polls) with the loss to OU. I also wonder what will happen to FSU's best win in Florida loses big and maybe even drops out. They would have no top 25 wins and a bad loss to a 3-9 team. My guess is that neither happen, but something to watch for.

lets think about it....
Stanford loses to USC
UNC loses to Clemson.
Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Iowa/Mich St are in the playoffs....
Rose is USC/Ohio St-Iowa-Mich St.

4 access teams are-
Ohio St-Iowa-Mich St
Notre Dame
Florida St
Houston-Temple

The ONLY hope IMO is if Michigan St got blown out. then maybe. But even there, probably doubtful.

Pretty much agree. Just trying to figure out a long shot rooting interest. Most Frog fans are excited about the Alamo matchup anyway. We've never been there and Oregon a good potential top 15 matchup who is playing well.
12-01-2015 10:28 PM
Advertisement

AuzGrams Offline
1st String

Really, the only difference between the Alamo and the NY6 bowls is the payout, the Alamo Bowl is probably the top tier non NY6 bowl.
12-01-2015 10:30 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

(12-01-2015 09:19 PM)PGEMF Wrote:  Most interpretations of the tiebreaker rules put Baylor in the Sugar. This is a Baylor site, but I've seen it elsewhere

http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-bear...homa-state

TCU beats Baylor head to head and nearly beats Oklahoma, while the Sooners soundly beat Baylor. (yeah, yeah, yeah ... Ok St)

And Baylor gets it over TCU?

That's garbage. So it must be true.
12-02-2015 09:55 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

More trash. Absolutely garbage: http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...e-buckeyes

Quote:If the Big Ten champion finishes in the top four of the College Football Playoff, the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual does not have to choose the loser of the game between No. 4 Iowa and No. 5 Michigan State.

If Iowa loses to Mich St, it should be guaranteed a place in the Rose.
12-02-2015 09:59 PM
Metropolis777 Offline
Special Teams

(12-02-2015 09:55 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  TCU beats Baylor head to head and nearly beats Oklahoma, while the Sooners soundly beat Baylor. (yeah, yeah, yeah ... Ok St)

And Baylor gets it over TCU?

That's garbage. So it must be true.

Problem is that it's a 3 way tie between us, Baylor and OK State.

We lose all tiebreakers even though we're highest ranked. Should've scored more points against OK State. Paying for it now.
12-02-2015 10:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.