Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank the Big Ten going into Championship Week
Bookmark and Share
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Rank the Big Ten going into Championship Week
1. (2) Michigan State: I was back and forth, but sided with Iowa last week. This week I feel stronger putting the Spartans here. Dominated against a decent Penn State team.
2. (1) Iowa: One of two undefeated teams in the country. Great, great season.
3. (4) Ohio State: Defense looked good as always. Offense....looked good. I keep wondering how much of last week was play-calling, how much was the weather, and how much was just Michigan State's defense. MSU's defense certainly was the biggest part, but I still can't wrap my head over how inept the Buckeye offense was in that game.
4. (3) Michigan: The team seemed to peak a little too early in the season. Great season vs. pre-season expectations even if it seems a bit down at the end. Good things lie ahead.
5. (5) Northwestern: Over-achieved this year vs. their talent and finished strong. Great to see the Wildcats back.
6. (6) Wisconsin: Kept the Axe. Several close losses this year. Reverse a few things with Iowa and Northwestern and they are the class of the west again.
7. (8) Nebraska: Far better than their record shows, but still 5-7.
8. (7) Penn State: Better season than 1st few weeks would suggest, but still need big jump to get back to elite.
9. (9) Minnesota: Somewhat disappointing season, but some bright spots, and I think keeping coaching staff was a good move.
10. (10) Indiana: Bowl eligible! They won the games they should (other than vs. Rutgers) and looked good in the games they lost (other than to Penn State).
11. (11) Illinois: Given what happened a week before the season, not a terrible result, but things looked more promising for awhile.
12. (12) Purdue: The last 3 I could interchange, but Purdue has the best win with the win over Nebraska.
13. (13) Maryland: Reversed last year and came from behind to beat Rutgers. On to a new coaching staff.
14. (14) Rutgers: Very disappointing season outside of the win vs. Indiana and close loss to Michigan State. New athletic department on the way.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 12:35 PM by ohio1317.)
12-01-2015 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rutgers
RE: Rand the Big Ten going into Championship Week
"Rand the Big Ten going into Championship Week"

Are these Rand Paul's rankings? Wow, that guy has juice if he has time for this.

My rankings:

1) Iowa
2) Michigan State
3) Ohio State
4) Northwestern
5) Michigan
6) Wisconsin
7) Penn State
8) Indiana
9) Nebraska
10) Minnesota
11) Illinois
12) Maryland
13) Purdue
14) Rutgers
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 11:45 AM by Jimmy.)
12-01-2015 11:42 AM
Advertisement

ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
RE: Rank the Big Ten going into Championship Week
(12-01-2015 11:42 AM)Jimmy Wrote:  "Rand the Big Ten going into Championship Week"

Are these Rand Paul's rankings? Wow, that guy has juice if he has time for this.

It's why he's slipped a bit. After football season is over is when he rises in the polls 04-cheers
12-01-2015 12:36 PM
chrisRU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, NJIT
RE: Rand the Big Ten going into Championship Week
1) MSU - Takes the #1 spot this week. I think they'll beat Iowa. Feels like everyone has forgotten about the Nebraska loss already.
2) OSU - Huge statement game against the Wolverines. They will be praying for chaos this weekend.
3) Iowa - I know they are undefeated, but I don't think they would've been if they were in the East. If not for Michigan getting run over by OSU, I'd have them at #4.
4) Michigan - Still a great first season for Harbaugh.
5) Northwestern - Congrats to Fitzgerald for a second 10-win season at NU.
6) Wisconsin - Do the Badgers consider this season a success? One TD each vs. Iowa and NU and they are playing MSU on Saturday.
7) Nebraska - All things considered, a decent November to finish to the season.
8) PSU - As expected, a 3-game skid to close the season. This seems like the right place for them to land. What a waste of Hack's senior year, though.
9) Minnesota - Not much to say for them.
10) Illinois - or them.
11) Indiana - Congrats to the Hoosiers on becoming bowl eligible.
12) Maryland - Heck of a comeback vs. Rutgers. I'm sad I drove down from Boston to witness it.
13) Purdue - Would've beat Rutgers.
14) Rutgers - Huge off season for this team, which coming off a disaster of a year. Rutgers needs a strong coaching hire to stop the bleeding and stabilize the program.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 01:09 PM by chrisRU.)
12-01-2015 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.