Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WKU Coach Brohm turns down two interviews. Won't talk to anyone.....
Bookmark and Share
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
WKU Coach Brohm turns down two interviews. Won't talk to anyone.....
11-30-2015 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
RE: WKU Coach Brohm turns down two interviews. Won't talk to anyone.....
He won't talk, but his agent will talk for him.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 11:06 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
11-30-2015 11:05 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-30-2015 11:00 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  Until after Championship game.

https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/status/...7889147904

From what I remember, by NCAA rules, I don't think he's even "ALLOWED" to interview until after the season comes to an end (there might be a window between last game of regular season and before the bowl game), unless the interview results in a promotion from his current job title. (in other words, until the bowl game that WKU is in end. )
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 08:57 AM by DaSaintFan.)
12-01-2015 08:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
(12-01-2015 08:57 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

From what I remember, by NCAA rules, I don't think he's even "ALLOWED" to interview until after the season comes to an end (there might be a window between last game of regular season and before the bowl game), unless the interview results in a promotion from his current job title. (in other words, until the bowl game that WKU is in end. )

I don't know that anyone follows that rule. I fully expect him to be gone before the bowl game, but it is nice to see him publicly shooting down rumors to keep his team focused on a conference championship. Taggart's last year here we were off to an amazing start and then rumors of him turning down an extension because he was going to jump ship started. The team tanked after that.
12-01-2015 09:00 AM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
Va tech announcement was during the Memphis game, right?
12-01-2015 09:05 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(12-01-2015 09:00 AM)freshtop Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 08:57 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

I don't know that anyone follows that rule. I fully expect him to be gone before the bowl game, but it is nice to see him publicly shooting down rumors to keep his team focused on a conference championship.

That's why the Agents "do the talking" officially, and the coaches can plausible deniability :)

Again, we all knew that Fedora was looking at another school during our last great season, but Fedora definitely made sure to say that "he" wasnt' talking to anyone and that his focuses was on USM.

It's up to the agents to not let too much leak out (such as the Taggart situation.. the agent F'ed that one up, IMO).
12-01-2015 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
This is a great move by Brohm. I think he cares enough about WKU that he doesn't want to do anything to taint their bowl prep any more than is already circulating on social media. Perhaps he goes after the bowl...perhaps not... Either way, I think this shows that he cares about the program's success.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 09:57 AM by THUNDERStruck73.)
12-01-2015 09:39 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

Good move by Brohm....Just like all our coaches in this league, all will eventually leave for so called greener pastures when they get the phone call. Can't blame them at all, as I wouldn't want any coach (Ellis Johnson) that didn't have any ambition...
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 09:53 AM by nastybunch.)
12-01-2015 09:53 AM
Psychored Offline
Special Teams

Just out of curiosity, what schools are still available that would attract one of the C-USA coaches? USC is filled. Illinois, I think I saw where they have their guy. Brohm has turned down Memphis and another schools (can't remember which one); Georgia appears to be talking with Greg Schiano; UCF just filled theirs. Who's left that would be more attractive? I know WKU will pony up a few more dollars. Hell, with incentives Brohm will get close to earning a Million this year. 04-cheers
12-01-2015 10:00 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(12-01-2015 10:00 AM)Psychored Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, what schools are still available that would attract one of the C-USA coaches? USC is filled. Illinois, I think I saw where they have their guy. Brohm has turned down Memphis and another schools (can't remember which one); Georgia appears to be talking with Greg Schiano; UCF just filled theirs. Who's left that would be more attractive? I know WKU will pony up a few more dollars. Hell, with incentives Brohm will get close to earning a Million this year. 04-cheers

Miami is still an opening but my best guess is that we will go for Mark Richt, keep Larry Scott, or go for Chud.
12-01-2015 10:01 AM
CincyDave Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Georgia
12-01-2015 10:05 AM
Advertisement

Psychored Offline
Special Teams

(12-01-2015 10:05 AM)CincyDave Wrote:  Georgia

Espn has said that Ga's AD and company have been seen in the NJ area close to the home of Greg Schiano
12-01-2015 10:12 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
we all know that coach brohm will be gone at some time. we've been through it before in basketball mutliple times and already multiple times in football.

that's what was/is so comical about the marshall lil abners letting us know brohm will be gone and we'll never win again. someone at one time posted every school's all time winning percentage in football. it was on this board. and western ky was near the top. not the bottom. so all of these folks waiting on pins and needles for us to fall of the face of the earth are more than likely going to be disappointed.

doesn't mean that we won't make a bad hire. we just haven't made one in the last 3 though. and i feel very comfortable with a.d. todd stewart in charge of replacing coach brohm.

i remember when we got petrino i loved the move. it gave western more publicity in that one day than all 5 previous years of playing fbs football gave us. but even better he was bringing Jeff Brohm with him. it was obvious that he would be heir apparent. i honestly believe if strong hadn't taken texas petrino would've stayed another year. but then we wouldn't have enjoyed the last 2 years of brandon doughty.

tl;dr we know he's gone. we'll be okay.
12-01-2015 10:30 AM
BnGJacket Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WVU, MU, WVSU
(12-01-2015 10:30 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  we all know that coach brohm will be gone at some time. we've been through it before in basketball mutliple times and already multiple times in football.

that's what was/is so comical about the marshall lil abners letting us know brohm will be gone and we'll never win again. someone at one time posted every school's all time winning percentage in football. it was on this board. and western ky was near the top. not the bottom. so all of these folks waiting on pins and needles for us to fall of the face of the earth are more than likely going to be disappointed.

doesn't mean that we won't make a bad hire. we just haven't made one in the last 3 though. and i feel very comfortable with a.d. todd stewart in charge of replacing coach brohm.

i remember when we got petrino i loved the move. it gave western more publicity in that one day than all 5 previous years of playing fbs football gave us. but even better he was bringing Jeff Brohm with him. it was obvious that he would be heir apparent. i honestly believe if strong hadn't taken texas petrino would've stayed another year. but then we wouldn't have enjoyed the last 2 years of brandon doughty.

We already know that isn't the case. WKU would need a terrible hire to fall into the dark ages, and I don't see it happening soon. Bowling Green is an attractive destination for up-and-comers. We've already seen this with Taggart and Brohm. A lot of talent comes out of Kentucky.
12-01-2015 10:39 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-01-2015 10:30 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  we all know that coach brohm will be gone at some time. we've been through it before in basketball mutliple times and already multiple times in football.

anyone that doesn't think WKU would attract a hungry and talented coach is a foolish person.....
12-01-2015 10:54 AM
Rojogrande Offline
1st String

Word I have heard is that none of the still open positions are of much attraction to Brohm. Brohm is a KY guy born and raised. He loves the bluegrass state. He recruits KY very hard. He isn't going to Rutgers. Virginia has a bad perception among coaches because the assistant AD likes to butt in on football related matters. UGA is going for Schiano or Smart. Miami has their own candidates. South Carolina likes Brohm, but have heard they want either Smart or Houston's coach.

Only one in seeing right now as even a remote possibility is Mizzou.

Have heard WKU booster are ready to pony up to match most offers. I think WKU may hang on to Brohm another year. Brohm ultimately wants the Louisville job.
12-01-2015 02:15 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2015 02:15 PM)Rojogrande Wrote:  Word I have heard is that none of the still open positions are of much attraction to Brohm. Brohm is a KY guy born and raised. He loves the bluegrass state. He recruits KY very hard. He isn't going to Rutgers. Virginia has a bad perception among coaches because the assistant AD likes to butt in on football related matters. UGA is going for Schiano or Smart. Miami has their own candidates. South Carolina likes Brohm, but have heard they want either Smart or Houston's coach.

Have heard WKU booster are ready to pony up to match most offers. I think WKU may hang on to Brohm another year. Brohm ultimately wants the Louisville job.

I think I've made my position known on ponying up more money than a school can afford to lose...if a coach starts losing. But honestly the more I think about it...

Brohm is one of those coaches a school like Western should do everything in their power to keep for as long as possible. He is worth the gamble..as a coach and more so as a person.

I hope you're correct and Western gambles money that we might not be able to afford on Brohm....if he wins it wont matter
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 02:22 PM by WKUYG.)
12-01-2015 02:20 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
(12-01-2015 10:00 AM)Psychored Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, what schools are still available that would attract one of the C-USA coaches?

Georgia, Maryland, Memphis (not every C-USA coach would go), Miami, Missouri, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, or Virginia.
12-01-2015 02:28 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-01-2015 02:20 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 02:15 PM)Rojogrande Wrote:  Word I have heard is that none of the still open positions are of much attraction to Brohm. Brohm is a KY guy born and raised. He loves the bluegrass state. He recruits KY very hard. He isn't going to Rutgers. Virginia has a bad perception among coaches because the assistant AD likes to butt in on football related matters. UGA is going for Schiano or Smart. Miami has their own candidates. South Carolina likes Brohm, but have heard they want either Smart or Houston's coach.

I think I've made my position known on ponying up more money than a school can afford to lose...if a coach starts losing. But honestly the more I think about it...

Brohm is one of those coaches a school like Western should do everything in their power to keep for as long as possible. He is worth the gamble..as a coach and more so as a person.

I hope you're correct and Western gambles money that we might not be able to afford on Brohm....if he wins it wont matter

I also agree with this.....said that about Tydall before I understood wtf was going on....losing Eustachy to CSU was embarrassing......

having said that, the UNC job will be open soon....it's a gimme if UNC beats clemson....

that's the one you guys should be worried about IMO.....
12-01-2015 02:32 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I'm sure most our schools are in the same boat when it comes to politics/paper/tv in our city and state. We not only have to worry about where this extra money comes from...

but also be willing to take the fallout on making a coach a millionaire maybe a couple times over.

Every clown with a vehicle to voice their opinion and with the internet that means everyone will point to the rise in tuition cost, student fees for students along with falling enrollment as a reason this will be a bad decision by Western. A decision the school can't afford, even with the money coming from private donations. Then we will hear from the professors about the lack of raises so how can Western pay a coach 1.5 to 2 million...

again it wont matter if its coming from donations and money the school wouldn't have.

Western will take a huge media hit for weeks or months along with the gamble of millions of dollars

What those people will not get is the value of having a winning FBS program. Western attendance has increase every year since we went FBS...EVERY YEAR till last year. So what those people will not get...without a good FBS program we will be like EKU and Murray....5000 less than Western (don't really know the real numbers and not checking but somewhere close) and the money those 5000 student bring to Western each year they attend school...

$40,000,000 a year

If only 10% of the increase is because of football that's still $4,000,000. It wont matter because all these people with their axes to grind will only see ...a football coach at lowly Western Kentucky making 2 million a year
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 03:11 PM by WKUYG.)
12-01-2015 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.