Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Western Michigan to Bahamas Bowl ???
Bookmark and Share
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Western Michigan to Bahamas Bowl ???
The Bronco board is reporting that they are accepting the bid to the Bahamas Bowl. As I have read that they were projected to Poinsettia to play Boise, that opens up a legitimate spot for us to go.

Boise in the Poinsettia or Colorado State in Potato would be acceptable landing oppositions.
11-30-2015 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

RE: Western Michigan to Bahamas Bowl ???
(11-30-2015 08:57 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  The Bronco board is reporting that they are accepting the bid to the Bahamas Bowl. As I have read that they were projected to Poinsettia to play Boise, that opens up a legitimate spot for us to go.

Boise in the Poinsettia or Colorado State in Potato would be acceptable landing oppositions.

PJ doing whatever it takes to get that bowl win
11-30-2015 09:00 PM
scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Quite honestly I don't care where we go this year.

In most years I'm all for a great location vs a premium opponent, but this year with our QB situation let's go somewhere we can play a decent opponent and get a W or show respectably.

Not the year IMO to play a Boise type of team...would hurt the image since most don't realize how depleted we are at the most important position.
11-30-2015 09:02 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline

(11-30-2015 09:02 PM)scottiep12 Wrote:  Quite honestly I don't care where we go this year.

In most years I'm all for a great location vs a premium opponent, but this year with our QB situation let's go somewhere we can play a decent opponent and get a W or show respectably.

Not the year IMO to play a Boise type of team...would hurt the image since most don't realize how depleted we are at the most important position.

We better win on friday then
11-30-2015 09:11 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-30-2015 08:57 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  The Bronco board is reporting that they are accepting the bid to the Bahamas Bowl. As I have read that they were projected to Poinsettia to play Boise, that opens up a legitimate spot for us to go.

The goofballs who made the poinsettia prediction of anyone but NIU vs Boise St were just filling boxes.
11-30-2015 09:45 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

Perfect location for PJ. They can fly to Miami and row the rest of the way!
11-30-2015 10:25 PM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Plus, he gets to parade around with his shirt off at the beach all week. 03-cloud9
11-30-2015 11:07 PM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

He also can say he took his team to the farthest bowl after being the worst team in college football.
12-01-2015 01:24 AM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

Bahamas > Idaho, anywhere. Its a free vacation for him and his athletes in an obviously great location, why not. Who cares about the opponent, it's not like this game whoever the opponent is meaningful in anyway. There was like 50 people there last year, plus the steel drum band, lol.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 01:31 AM by HuskieAlumnus03.)
12-01-2015 01:29 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
The Idaho bowl many times brings reasonably tough competition, but it's a not a fun bowl for one to go to. Bahamas bowl is a fun one. I just hope WMU doesn't take it as a vacation, and that PJ fires them up and treats it like a Mission.
12-01-2015 02:30 AM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

This is official now per Brett McMurphy of ESPN. WMU vs MTSU
12-01-2015 08:27 AM
Advertisement

DogPoundNorth Offline

(12-01-2015 08:27 AM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  This is official now per Brett McMurphy of ESPN. WMU vs MTSU

They get that coveted 11AM, Thursday morning spot.
12-01-2015 08:41 AM
Mark26pt2 Offline
Special Teams

Just crazy that the bowl spots are filling up as quick as they are. Normally they wait for the conference champ and then fill in behind in order. However, this year with a lack of 6 win teams - I think some bowls are trying to lock in teams earlier than normal.
12-01-2015 08:46 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(12-01-2015 08:41 AM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 08:27 AM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  This is official now per Brett McMurphy of ESPN. WMU vs MTSU

They get that coveted 11AM, Thursday morning spot.

I thought the slot was bad when the game was announced last year. But it wound up having a larger TV audience than the Potato, Camellia and GoDaddy bowls.
12-01-2015 12:10 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2015 08:46 AM)Mark26pt2 Wrote:  Just crazy that the bowl spots are filling up as quick as they are. Normally they wait for the conference champ and then fill in behind in order. However, this year with a lack of 6 win teams - I think some bowls are trying to lock in teams earlier than normal.

Filling up quick?

1 bowl is filled and its only been announced because they have to give everyone enough time to get passports in a rush if they want to attend.
12-01-2015 12:23 PM
Mark26pt2 Offline
Special Teams

(12-01-2015 12:23 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 08:46 AM)Mark26pt2 Wrote:  Just crazy that the bowl spots are filling up as quick as they are. Normally they wait for the conference champ and then fill in behind in order. However, this year with a lack of 6 win teams - I think some bowls are trying to lock in teams earlier than normal.

Filling up quick?

1 bowl is filled and its only been announced because they have to give everyone enough time to get passports in a rush if they want to attend.

Forgive me if I am wrong - I thought I saw another announcement for another bowl. Maybe I was wrong
12-01-2015 12:26 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2015 12:26 PM)Mark26pt2 Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:23 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

Filling up quick?

Forgive me if I am wrong - I thought I saw another announcement for another bowl. Maybe I was wrong

The only other official announcement was Navy going to their contracted Military Bowl if they did not earn the G05 access spot.
12-01-2015 12:31 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:They get that coveted 11AM, Thursday morning spot.

11AM CST... 12 Noon EST. A normal time for college football. It's pretty much a Holiday, so that's all good. But it could be a little later, around 2PM EST, as the only other bowl on Xmas Eve is 8PM EST Hawaii bowl. 2PM - 5:30PM would be perfect time as it wouldn't interrupt XMas Eve dinners. But at the same time, it would get in the way of last-minute Xmas shopping.
12-01-2015 02:12 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(11-30-2015 11:07 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Plus, he gets to parade around with his shirt off at the beach all week. 03-cloud9
A kickboxing dream come true

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
12-01-2015 02:21 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(11-30-2015 10:25 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  Perfect location for PJ. They can fly to Miami and row the rest of the way!

03-lmfao

I breathe a sigh of relief. 03-phew This was not the year for me to shell out the dough for a trip to the Bahamas.
12-01-2015 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.