Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Targeting Calls
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Targeting Calls
Replay can not create the targeting penalty. If targeting is not called on the field, Coaches cannot challenge a no targeting call.
11-30-2015 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Targeting Calls
We all knew that . Everyone except the flipping officials. I don't know how we constantly get shafted like that. Bowl game in Detroit - player stepped out of bounds before the marker but was awarded the first down - field goal in Syracuse everyone in the world except the people getting paid to guard against mistakes saw it cross in front of the goalpost - this past Friday yes it did appear to be targeting, but no flag no foul. Give me a break . I have one more to add to this list. It's been sitting in storage between my ears for about ten years or so. Championship game at Marshal. Byron Leftwhatever threw a TD . And as he walked to the side line made a gesture with both hands like a gunslinger. Not once but two or three times with both hands. That's taunting should have been flagged. And if I'm correct that td could have been rescinded???? Or maybe not ????
11-30-2015 08:55 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Someone's trying to distract us from our bitter feelings.

The head coach should submit a protest and request for conference review.

Oops.
11-30-2015 10:20 PM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I never saw a flag. Is that right that there was no flag?

If so, there should be an formal investigation into what happened and some kind of action should be taken. No, it does not excuse Russell in any way. But, for godsakes, didn't they add another official this year? And nobody knows the frickin' rules? Are they in possession of a rule book at the game? You could put it on a damn tablet computer!

They stop the game to review plays. They can't take a minute to look up the damn rules?

The coaches should have one more flag at their disposal, like a brown flag that means, "You are full of [crap]. We require you to phone somebody who knows what the hell the are doing!"

Yes, it infuriates me that corrupt imbeciles are able to influence the outcome of a game.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 11:03 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
11-30-2015 11:02 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(11-30-2015 11:02 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I never saw a flag. Is that right that there was no flag?

If so, there should be an formal investigation into what happened and some kind of action should be taken. No, it does not excuse Russell in any way. But, for godsakes, didn't they add another official this year? And nobody knows the frickin' rules? Are they in possession of a rule book at the game? You could put it on a damn tablet computer!

They stop the game to review plays. They can't take a minute to look up the damn rules?

The coaches should have one more flag at their disposal, like a brown flag that means, "You are full of [crap]. We require you to phone somebody who knows what the hell the are doing!"

Yes, it infuriates me that corrupt imbeciles are able to influence the outcome of a game.

Correct, no flag. The ref was too close to the play, 2 feet away, and was afraid he'd hit someone in the eye with it.
11-30-2015 11:15 PM
Advertisement

Rocket65 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT RRRRRRockets
(11-30-2015 11:02 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I never saw a flag. Is that right that there was no flag?

Can MOB ask for that investigation? It may not change the game results but may help if this situation should arise again.
11-30-2015 11:18 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-30-2015 11:18 PM)Rocket65 Wrote:  

Can MOB ask for that investigation? It may not change the game results but may help if this situation should arise again.

It was an illegal hit the Officials missed. The Refs would have been in deeper crap for missing the call... so when in doubt CYA.
11-30-2015 11:31 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
My impression from the broadcast was that the refs...because they had an extended period before the next play due to the injury...talked it over and decided there should be a flag. That's when the targeting review commenced.

They can throw a flag (or call a penalty without actually throwing a flag on the field) as long as the next play has not started.

They do this frequently with grounding calls where they talk it over and then drop a flag on the ground.

Are you hearing that they went to review before the refs decided to call it targeting? Because the ref clearly said over the mic that the call of targeting would be reviewed.

My guess is that an official quite far from the play saw it but didn't throw a flag so as not to upstage the official right by the play...but again...just a guess.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 10:03 AM by Redwingtom.)
12-01-2015 10:02 AM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(12-01-2015 10:02 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  My impression from the broadcast was that the refs...because they had an extended period before the next play due to the injury...talked it over and decided there should be a flag. That's when the targeting review commenced.

They can throw a flag (or call a penalty without actually throwing a flag on the field) as long as the next play has not started.

They do this frequently with grounding calls where they talk it over and then drop a flag on the ground.

Are you hearing that they went to review before the refs decided to call it targeting? Because the ref clearly said over the mic that the call of targeting would be reviewed.

My guess is that an official quite far from the play saw it but didn't throw a flag so as not to upstage the official right by the play...but again...just a guess.

No flag was thrown. The penalty came after the play was reviewed. Bottom line, if the WMU players doesn't get hurt the penalty is not called. It was complete BS
12-01-2015 10:11 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-30-2015 08:55 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  We all knew that . Everyone except the flipping officials. I don't know how we constantly get shafted like that. Bowl game in Detroit - player stepped out of bounds before the marker but was awarded the first down - field goal in Syracuse everyone in the world except the people getting paid to guard against mistakes saw it cross in front of the goalpost - this past Friday yes it did appear to be targeting, but no flag no foul. Give me a break . I have one more to add to this list. It's been sitting in storage between my ears for about ten years or so. Championship game at Marshal. Byron Leftwhatever threw a TD . And as he walked to the side line made a gesture with both hands like a gunslinger. Not once but two or three times with both hands. That's taunting should have been flagged. And if I'm correct that td could have been rescinded???? Or maybe not ????

I was right in front of him at game's end drawing and shooting finger guns over and over. Wasn't that the "geek up the middle" play?
12-01-2015 10:15 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(12-01-2015 10:11 AM)BDV27 Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 10:02 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  My impression from the broadcast was that the refs...because they had an extended period before the next play due to the injury...talked it over and decided there should be a flag. That's when the targeting review commenced.

No flag was thrown. The penalty came after the play was reviewed. Bottom line, if the WMU players doesn't get hurt the penalty is not called. It was complete BS

Then why did the ref get on the mic and say the call of targeting will be reviewed? And then after the review say that the call was confirmed? Was he just lying to save face?
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 11:18 AM by Redwingtom.)
12-01-2015 11:16 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(12-01-2015 10:15 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(11-30-2015 08:55 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  We all knew that . Everyone except the flipping officials. I don't know how we constantly get shafted like that. Bowl game in Detroit - player stepped out of bounds before the marker but was awarded the first down - field goal in Syracuse everyone in the world except the people getting paid to guard against mistakes saw it cross in front of the goalpost - this past Friday yes it did appear to be targeting, but no flag no foul. Give me a break . I have one more to add to this list. It's been sitting in storage between my ears for about ten years or so. Championship game at Marshal. Byron Leftwhatever threw a TD . And as he walked to the side line made a gesture with both hands like a gunslinger. Not once but two or three times with both hands. That's taunting should have been flagged. And if I'm correct that td could have been rescinded???? Or maybe not ????

I was right in front of him at game's end drawing and shooting finger guns over and over. Wasn't that the "geek up the middle" play?
Yes as I remember it was up the middle. You know I never understood why the Mac agread to give marshal the home team advantage all those years. They were new to to league and all that . That was a bunch of bull. Personally I think it should go to the team with the best record. The heck with fordfield
12-01-2015 12:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.