Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WKU first season in CUSA
Bookmark and Share
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
WKU first season in CUSA
I remember a thread on this board a long time ago claiming WKU had an average at best first year in CUSA. Found this picture that states we had a record setting year and likey the best athletics program in the conference top top bottom for the 2015 year. First school in CUSA HISTORY with 8 championships and a bowl victory in the same year. Pretty impressive for a ex-sunbelt school.

[attachment=7582]
11-30-2015 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

laureleagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: WKU first season in CUSA
Is this guy for real?
11-30-2015 12:29 PM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2015 12:29 PM)laureleagle Wrote:  Is this guy for real?

Very much so. What is your opinion on the numbers/stats prsented? Not a YG jr. by the way.
11-30-2015 12:31 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
There was already a thread awhile back showing how successful we were the first year in CUSA, using that data. Most of the fans of other schools acknowledged we were a good addition so there's no need for another thread. Let's just do it again this year to demonstrate we weren't a one hit wonder.
11-30-2015 12:35 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Man you guys are awesome for having never ever won a conference championship in football ever.

Y'all should be more concerned that your football team is 10-2 and you still can't beg anyone to actually go see them play.

Y'all were a good addition, but shut up already.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 12:37 PM by shiftyeagle.)
11-30-2015 12:36 PM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2015 12:36 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Man you guys are awesome for having never ever won a conference championship in football ever.

Y'all should be more concerned that your football team is 10-2 and you still can't beg anyone to actually go see them play.

I agree, its awful that we dont have the fan support to get behind a great team. Sorry for the duplicate thread - im new.
11-30-2015 12:37 PM
Advertisement

laureleagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Looking forward to the Championship Game. Nobody is taking you guys lightly. Should be a great match up.
11-30-2015 12:39 PM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2015 12:39 PM)laureleagle Wrote:  Looking forward to the Championship Game. Nobody is taking you guys lightly. Should be a great match up.

Man I cannot wait. We are not taking anything for granted. If you would have told me 5 years ago we would be hosting the CUSA conference championship game I would have laughed in your face. Historic season for us, one that may come around once a decade if ever again. Also, really excited that its the old guys vs. the new kids. Most CUSA championships vs. none. Lets get it on!
11-30-2015 12:41 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(11-30-2015 12:35 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  There was already a thread awhile back showing how successful we were the first year in CUSA, using that data. Most of the fans of other schools acknowledged we were a good addition so there's no need for another thread. Let's just do it again this year to demonstrate we weren't a one hit wonder.

Agreed Apollo.. that's what i don't get, yet all these fans are running around as if "we didn't want WKU around".

Hell most of us that were around before WKU was on board.. WKU was pretty much (for most people) the #2 choice of teams to add next to ODU (It was probably a coin flip between WKU and La Tech among most fans, and MTSU as Team#4 if both WKU/LaTech were brought in.).
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 12:52 PM by DaSaintFan.)
11-30-2015 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
(11-30-2015 12:37 PM)Shadow_Son Wrote:  
(11-30-2015 12:36 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Man you guys are awesome for having never ever won a conference championship in football ever.

I agree, its awful that we dont have the fan support to get behind a great team. Sorry for the duplicate thread - im new.

New guy remembers thread from a long time ago(that I don't think existed). Seems legit.
11-30-2015 12:50 PM
WKUApollo Offline

Actually, we've won 11 Conference Championships in football in our storied football history. I know you're just needling us because this, if we win, would be our 1st Conference Championship in our 7th year as a FBS Football program. Fwiw, it took USM 34 years at the top level to win their 1st Conference Championship in 1996, granted USM was an independent until 1996. LOL
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 01:20 PM by WKUApollo.)
11-30-2015 12:53 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(11-30-2015 12:53 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

Actually, we've won 11 Conference Championships in football in our storied football history. I know you're just needling us because this, if we win, would be our 1st Conference Championship in our 7th year as a FBS Football program. Fwiw, it took USM 34 years at the top level to win their 1st Conference Championship in 1996.

With all due respect, no one cares about FCS conference championships. By that measure, we've won two national championships (that no one cares about).
11-30-2015 12:55 PM
WKUApollo Offline

(11-30-2015 12:55 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  

Actually, we've won 11 Conference Championships in football in our storied football history. I know you're just needling us because this, if we win, would be our 1st Conference Championship in our 7th year as a FBS Football program. Fwiw, it took USM 34 years at the top level to win their 1st Conference Championship in 1996.

With all due respect, no one cares about FCS conference championships. By that measure, we've won two national championships (that no one cares about).

I know. We played in 3 national title games, winning one, but they mean nothing now. I was merely clarifying that we do have a history of winning at whatever level we've played at. We're not a start from scratch program.
11-30-2015 12:58 PM
laureleagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

In our defense, that was our first year in a real conference (Unless you count Gulf States, which we won several times). But before that, we did win a couple national championships.
11-30-2015 12:59 PM
WKUApollo Offline

Although WKU doesn't have the very respectable history of USM at the FBS level, it is interesting to note how similar each program's sustained success throughout their entire history has been.

Championships at all levels:
WKU - 11
USM - 11

The last 20 years:
WKU - 17 winning seasons
USM - 17 winning seasons

Winning seasons total ( minimum 8 games in a season)
WKU - 62
USM - 65

All-time winning percentage:
WKU - Ranked 37th
USM - Ranked 38th
11-30-2015 01:08 PM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
I am temporarily hijacking this thread since the subject is WKU. I want to offer my apologies for recently making derogatory statements about WKU and their community (referring to it as Boring Green). I was responding to a poster and took a swipe at the entire fan base. That was uncalled for and small of me, I apologize. The fact is Bowling Green is a fantastic community. And WKU has the most beautiful campus I have seen in Kentucky (and I travel all over the state "I must say Pikeville is unique."

I am thrilled for Charlotte to be in CUSA with WKU and look forward to the day we can make the CUSA Nation proud to have us as an addition.

Now could any of you WKU fans send a brother tickets that championship game this Saturday?
11-30-2015 02:42 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

No you were dead on...BG is pretty boring. But BG has really changed over the past 15 years and growing with a little larger nightlife and a lot of great bands. I live 70 miles away but to me Bowling Green is almost perfect for people that like small town feel and big city life. Nashville being only 45 minutes to downtown is about as close as it is for people living in the suburbs of large cities.

But I think most people will mostly agree with the boring part. And I'm that poster you were talking about...but you had to read the topic on scheduling to understand where it was coming from
11-30-2015 03:28 PM
polkhigh Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WVU Marshall
"WKU, I'm not sure I've heard of them.....yeah I don't know who that is"
- WVU fan while reading through bowl projections today at work.
11-30-2015 09:32 PM
Psychored Offline
Special Teams

WKU first season in CUSA
(11-30-2015 09:32 PM)polkhigh Wrote:  "WKU, I'm not sure I've heard of them.....yeah I don't know who that is"
- WVU fan while reading through bowl projections today at work.

Hell, someone from WVa is lucky to know what town they live in!
11-30-2015 09:57 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
WKU fans have a lot to be proud of. Nothing wrong with his post. He didn't know it had been posted before.
11-30-2015 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.