Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Game Thread: Tennessee Tech (L 61-63)
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: Tennessee Tech (L 61-63)
Date: December 2nd, 2015

Time: 7:00 PM

Opponent: Tennessee Tech (5-2, 0-0 OVC)

Place: Eblen Center

Television: none

Webcast: OVC Digital Network

Radio online: 640WXSM.com (Free)

TTU 2015-2016 Schedule

TTU 2015-2016 Roster
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 09:05 PM by ETSUfan1.)
11-30-2015 02:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: Tennessee Tech
December 2nd not 4th.
11-30-2015 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Yup, was looking at the wrong month on the calendar.
11-30-2015 03:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

All-time series is 37-36 good guys. One of my favorite games of the year. I'm glad we have been playing Tech for the last several years.

If our transition defense is OK, we have a great chance to win. The other teams are shooting too many layups in transition.

I predict a hard fought 80-75 win.
11-30-2015 04:01 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Fun game last year versus TTU at FH. The TTU players were class acts in handling our benign heckling.

I have a feeling that we come out focused and ready to take names. Sometimes a little butt kicking does the psyche some good.

Go Bucs.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 09:23 PM by Bucfaithful.)
11-30-2015 07:21 PM
queenladybug817 Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2015 07:21 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  Fun game last year versus TTU at FH. The TTU players were class acts in handling our benign heckling.

I have a feeling that we come out focused and ready to take names. Sometimes a little butt kicking does the psyche some good.

Go Bucs.
Wasn't that the game where attendance was super low from the snow?

That was a fun game.
12-01-2015 08:27 AM
Advertisement

Sportsman_17 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU, MTSU, TTU
I will be in attendance for this game and heckling the golden eagles as long as security let's me! I've talked a lot of smack to the season ticket holders at my work here in Cookeville. So hopefully the Bucs will come through for me tomorrow night.
12-01-2015 04:32 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(12-01-2015 08:27 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  
(11-30-2015 07:21 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  Fun game last year versus TTU at FH. The TTU players were class acts in handling our benign heckling.

Go Bucs.
Wasn't that the game where attendance was super low from the snow?

That was a fun game.

I believe the game got moved because the referees couldn't get there. They ended up playing the following day or something screwy.
I wish I could head out there tomorrow. it's just too close to the end of the semester.
It's so ridiculous they don't schedule any of the Nashville teams. All of the mid majors need home games and ETSU has a history now with just about everyone here. As long as they don't schedule TSU, I have zero desire to get mugged, carjacked, shot, stabbed, physically assaulted, or any of the other violent crimes that have happened on their campus this semester.
Personally I'd like to see a home and home with MTSU and Belmont. Where one year they play both in Johnson City on a Thursday/Saturday and then return it the following year in Nashville.
And maybe in the process do the same type of regional scheduling with like Georgia State/Kennesaw, Charleston Southern/College of Charleston, etc...
I know it's difficult to work it out sometimes, it just seems logical for a sport that has declining interest.
12-01-2015 04:35 PM
Wadood Abides Offline
Bench Warmer

G Torrance Rowe put up 22 on us in JC last year. He and the 6'9" Brit Martin are their most consistent scorers.
12-01-2015 04:40 PM
Wadood Abides Offline
Bench Warmer

As long as they don't schedule TSU, I have zero desire to get mugged, carjacked, shot, stabbed, physically assaulted, or any of the other violent crimes that have happened on their campus this semester.

As long as you aren't shootin' dice, you're probably pretty safe.
12-01-2015 04:42 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
A rather good look at where things stand:

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Basketba...m&lp=2&p=1
12-01-2015 06:07 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(12-01-2015 04:42 PM)Wadood Abides Wrote:   As long as they don't schedule TSU, I have zero desire to get mugged, carjacked, shot, stabbed, physically assaulted, or any of the other violent crimes that have happened on their campus this semester.

As long as you aren't shootin' dice, you're probably pretty safe.

It's been more than that. Multiple crimes during homecoming, a couple of sexual assaults, random drive by shootings. It's not a safe campus at all.
I leave the dice to the tables in Tunica.
12-02-2015 12:10 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Please no more home and home series with Belmont. I admire Belmont because I like their style of play, their coach, and the kids that they seem to recruit. However, I don't think I can stomach seeing our street ball style being beaten down by this team again. Until this team shows me that we can run a disciplined offense and defend the 3 point shot- I have no confidence that we could beat Belmont.

Tennessee Tech will be interesting, is sounds like their team is small so we will likely play a small lineup to match up with them. I wish we would play big and pound it inside on them all night. Get our big guys some touches and free throws.
12-02-2015 06:40 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-02-2015 06:40 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  Please no more home and home series with Belmont. I admire Belmont because I like their style of play, their coach, and the kids that they seem to recruit. However, I don't think I can stomach seeing our street ball style being beaten down by this team again. Until this team shows me that we can run a disciplined offense and defend the 3 point shot- I have no confidence that we could beat Belmont.

Tennessee Tech will be interesting, is sounds like their team is small so we will likely play a small lineup to match up with them. I wish we would play big and pound it inside on them all night. Get our big guys some touches and free throws.

Our bigs have shown nothing this year that says going big against a small team would be an advantage. Playing big would just mean we would have match up problems on the defensive side.
12-02-2015 07:55 AM
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(12-02-2015 07:55 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Our bigs have shown nothing this year that says going big against a small team would be an advantage. Playing big would just mean we would have match up problems on the defensive side.

I would say the sample size is too small to tell. And (stating the obvious) big or small, we seem to have matchup problems on defense.

I do hope Lufile gets a lot of playing time this game. He plays big, but he also has great quickness.
12-02-2015 09:43 AM
Stateman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Tennessee
East Tennessee 3 point underdog
12-02-2015 10:56 AM
Advertisement

OleETSUGuy Offline
Water Engineer

Why isn,t Peter Jurkin playing more minutes? Is he not 100% physically in shape? He only got 3 mins. against Charleston and 16 mins. against Willmington.
How can you not play a guy who is 7 feet tall more than this? I thought he was supposed to be the greatest recruit in ETSU history.
Maybe Indiana U. knew something that we didn,t know.
I hope it,s just the fact that this is the first year that he,s played at all. Maybe it,s going to take some time for him to come around.
12-02-2015 11:44 AM
BucFan1244 Offline
Special Teams

(12-02-2015 11:44 AM)OleETSUGuy Wrote:  Why isn,t Peter Jurkin playing more minutes? Is he not 100% physically in shape? He only got 3 mins. against Charleston and 16 mins. against Willmington.
How can you not play a guy who is 7 feet tall more than this? I thought he was supposed to be the greatest recruit in ETSU history.
I hope it,s just the fact that this is the first year that he,s played at all. Maybe it,s going to take some time for him to come around.

Is it just me or does Forbes have a lot more anger towards Jurkin, Stokes, and Wilson lol... Seems like Forbes has favorites...
12-02-2015 12:01 PM
BucFan1244 Offline
Special Teams

I just hope that we do not get off to a slow start like we have in almost every single game... I don't like us trying to get out of a whole as soon as the game begins...
12-02-2015 12:02 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

(12-02-2015 12:01 PM)BucFan1244 Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 11:44 AM)OleETSUGuy Wrote:  Why isn,t Peter Jurkin playing more minutes? Is he not 100% physically in shape? He only got 3 mins. against Charleston and 16 mins. against Willmington.

Is it just me or does Forbes have a lot more anger towards Jurkin, Stokes, and Wilson lol... Seems like Forbes has favorites...

I think Forbes likes to play guys who rebound and play defense. At the moment nobody is really playing defense but Wilson struggles a lot at both defense and rebounding and so does Jurkin. I sat there and watched Jurkin miss rebound after rebound against UNCW. At 7 feet he should be dominating the boards. Hopefully at some point we get our rebounding and defense issues sorted out because we aren't going to win until we do.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 01:33 PM by Bucster.)
12-02-2015 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.