Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Parity is a good thing, proof AAC this year
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Parity is a good thing, proof AAC this year
All we heard all year long from the G4 was that the American would eventually cannibalize itself, but what many outsiders failed to realize is that the committee didn't see the losses in conference as poorly as some thought they would. The league's exposure, OOC performance, and conference strength has turned what most thought would be a bad G5 loss into a quality American loss. I expect this sentiment to only grow in the future.

Thoughts?
11-28-2015 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
RE: Parity is a good thing, proof AAC this year
(11-28-2015 11:54 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  All we heard all year long from the G4 was that the American would eventually cannibalize itself, but what many outsiders failed to realize is that the committee didn't see the losses in conference as poorly as some thought they would. The league's exposure, OOC performance, and conference strength has turned what most thought would be a bad G5 loss into a quality American loss. I expect this sentiment to only grow in the future.

Thoughts?
Lol G4

Does that make you all independents? Cuz you guys aren't P5 or P6 or whatever you daydream about

You're part of the G5 like the rest of us. Maybe after playoff expansion they will reevaluate the AAC as a power conference with an auto bid but until then this G4 thing is just kinda delusional to hear. Hilarious, but delusional...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 12:01 AM by Stay Cool.)
11-28-2015 11:55 PM
GLinPa Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple
Kruciff, are you saying the AAC is better than what the pundits projected? I'd agree and think next year will be even better and with more parity.
11-29-2015 12:01 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(11-29-2015 12:01 AM)AirRaid Wrote:  AAC is PG5.5
See that i can get behind. I'll admit the AAC is head and shoulders above the rest of the G5 conferences but you can't pretend to have an auto bid haha. Tweener conference yes, but still G5

11-29-2015 12:02 AM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(11-28-2015 11:54 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  All we heard all year long from the G4 was that the American would eventually cannibalize itself, but what many outsiders failed to realize is that the committee didn't see the losses in conference as poorly as some thought they would. The league's exposure, OOC performance, and conference strength has turned what most thought would be a bad G5 loss into a quality American loss. I expect this sentiment to only grow in the future.

Thoughts?

I agree that the committee has generally done a good job at rewarding teams based upon merit, rather than past performance and reputation. If that's true, then the sentiment about the American won't necessarily grow in the future. If the American has a bad year out of conference (like last year), then a league loss may look more like a bad G5 loss that particular season. We've had a great year, but if the committee does things as they appear to have this year, the American - and other conferences - will be starting over every year in their eyes. That said, I believe this conference has positioned itself to be the clear power among G5 conferences (as much as I hate that label) for the foreseeable future.
11-29-2015 12:03 AM
areyouhappyidiot? Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Illinois

Thoughts?

What games are you talking about specifically? No one cares about Kansas' loss vs Memphis or PSU to Temple, those teams don't matter anyway. This isnt the NCAA Tourney where we are looking at RPI.
11-29-2015 12:10 AM
Advertisement

coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(11-28-2015 11:55 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  

Thoughts?
Lol G4

Does that make you all independents? Cuz you guys aren't P5 or P6 or whatever you daydream about

You're part of the G5 like the rest of us. Maybe after playoff expansion they will reevaluate the AAC as a power conference with an auto bid but until then this G4 thing is just kinda delusional to hear. Hilarious, but delusional...

I think it's fair to say that we are the tallest midget. 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 12:16 AM by coogrfan.)
11-29-2015 12:16 AM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
AAC is PG5.5
11-29-2015 12:25 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(11-29-2015 12:02 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  
See that i can get behind. I'll admit the AAC is head and shoulders above the rest of the G5 conferences but you can't pretend to have an auto bid haha. Tweener conference yes, but still G5

Stop

How many times do you need to be reminded that the AAC is the 6th big dog in FBS everyone else cough... G4... cough are beneath this league.

I know the truth can be biach but it is what it is

You're welcome
11-29-2015 12:27 AM
CheeseSndwch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Univ. Houston
The AAC is the AAC. 02-13-banana
11-29-2015 12:29 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(11-29-2015 12:27 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  

Stop

How many times do you need to be reminded that the AAC is the 6th big dog in FBS everyone else cough... G4... cough are beneath this league.

You're welcome
Whatever helps you sleep at night... it sure doesn't help you make the CFP or have an autobid =)

11-29-2015 12:33 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(11-29-2015 12:10 AM)areyouhappyidiot? Wrote:  

Thoughts?

What games are you talking about specifically? No one cares about Kansas' loss vs Memphis or PSU to Temple, those teams don't matter anyway. This isnt the NCAA Tourney where we are looking at RPI.

kansas never mattered but psu still matters
to say psu doesn't matter is to say most teams in the big 10 didn't matter as they are a middling big 10 team
and we have like 9 p5 wins this year including a top 25 ole miss
11-29-2015 12:41 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(11-29-2015 12:33 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  

Stop

You're welcome
Whatever helps you sleep at night... it sure doesn't help you make the CFP or have an autobid =)

I knew you come to your senses... I'm telling you, the Mac champion to the Miami Beach Bowl is a good thing for you guys. Best location to showcase your team for future AAC realignment.
11-29-2015 12:47 AM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
The sign on cullen Blvd outside the stadium is advertising the ACC championship game next weekend in Houston.. so maybe all we have done is confused people into thinking we are the ACC since we have had as many ranked teams
11-29-2015 12:48 AM
GreenWave16 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tulane

Stop

You're welcome

If you do not think the AAC is on par with the P5 then you are either bitter or delusional, either way why are these G4 fans coming on our board and telling us how things are? I just don't get it.
11-29-2015 01:47 AM
dezagcoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coogs!
(11-29-2015 12:03 AM)geef Wrote:  

Thoughts?

I agree that the committee has generally done a good job at rewarding teams based upon merit, rather than past performance and reputation. If that's true, then the sentiment about the American won't necessarily grow in the future. If the American has a bad year out of conference (like last year), then a league loss may look more like a bad G5 loss that particular season. We've had a great year, but if the committee does things as they appear to have this year, the American - and other conferences - will be starting over every year in their eyes. That said, I believe this conference has positioned itself to be the clear power among G5 conferences (as much as I hate that label) for the foreseeable future.

Seeing as how boise was still ranked after 2 losses if i'm not mistaken, then that alone proves you wrong.
11-29-2015 01:59 AM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(11-29-2015 01:47 AM)GreenWave16 Wrote:  

Stop

You're welcome

If you do not think the AAC is on par with the P5 then you are either bitter or delusional, either way why are these G4 fans coming on our board and telling us how things are? I just don't get it.
Oh boy a tulane fan coming to tell us all how to be elite! This shoud be good.

And it depends on what you mean by "on par with". Able to compete with and beat P5 on the field (outside of tulane and tulsa)? Sure. Able to stroll into a CFP spot by auto bid? Nope. Still G5 by all definitions besides your own. But like i said, whatever floats your boat. No other G5 teams or anybody from the P5 recognizes you as something other than G5.

Also lol@Tulane in general

11-29-2015 02:03 AM
dezagcoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coogs!
(11-29-2015 02:03 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 01:47 AM)GreenWave16 Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 12:02 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  See that i can get behind. I'll admit the AAC is head and shoulders above the rest of the G5 conferences but you can't pretend to have an auto bid haha. Tweener conference yes, but still G5

Stop

You're welcome

Oh boy a tulane fan coming to tell us all how to be elite! This shoud be good.

And it depends on what you mean by "on par with". Able to compete with and beat P5 on the field (outside of tulane and tulsa)? Sure. Able to stroll into a CFP spot by auto bid? Nope. Still G5 by all definitions besides your own. But like i said, whatever floats your boat. No other G5 teams or anybody from the P5 recognizes you as something other than G5.

Also lol@Tulane in general

Buddy, you came here. He's from here. You want to come here, you're going to have to listen to what people here want to say. If he went to YOUR board, then you can say stupid stuff like that.
11-29-2015 02:14 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

P5
T1
G4
11-29-2015 10:18 AM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Parity can be a double-edged sword.
11-29-2015 12:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.