I Root For:
Remaining OOC schedule
@ Tennessee Tech
@ UNC-Asheville
@Tennessee
@ North Carolina Central

Eastern Kentucky
Morehead St

I don't see a single game we can point and say that is W, period no doubt. Flipside I don't see a game that is a no doubter L.
I don't have a clue.. 6-0, 0-6 I could see either one and anything in
between. I have to admit after last two games and the mood they put me in I am really sliding that to the right and to about 2-4.
11-28-2015 11:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BucFan1244 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Remaining OOC schedule
(11-28-2015 11:20 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  @ Tennessee Tech
@ UNC-Asheville
@Tennessee
@ North Carolina Central

Eastern Kentucky
Morehead St

I don't see a single game we can point and say that is W, period no doubt. Flipside I don't see a game that is a no doubter L.
I don't have a clue.. 6-0, 0-6 I could see either one and anything in
between. I have to admit after last two games and the mood they put me in I am really sliding that to the right and to about 2-4.

If we play like we did tonight we don't even win another game...
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 11:39 PM by BucFan1244.)
11-28-2015 11:39 PM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
We will beat Milligan.
11-29-2015 07:10 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Throwing out the outliers of Villanova and Averett, we've had 2 quality wins and 2 BAD losses. If you look at the data, it is clear we're sucking in the 2 main areas that Forbes has emphasized since his introductory press conference: rebounding and defense. In four games (Green Bay, GT, CSU, UNCW), we're scoring the ball and scoring efficiently: 80 ppg on 51% (fg), 39% (3-pt FG), & 80% (FT). OFFENSE IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

It is on the glass and at the other end of the floor that we're woeful. D3 Averett is the only game that we've won on the glass. In the four games discussed above, we've giving up an average of 82 ppg on 47% FG. The opposition is shooting layups against us. UTC would mop the floor with us if we played them tomorrow.

ETSU has been inept defensively for 10 years. That is woven into the culture of our program of which 5 of our returners have been a part. Throw 10 new guys into the mix and a coach who arrived in April, and it's not surprising to me that we're vacillating like an EEG scan.

I stand by my prediction that we'll compete for a SOCON title. Right now, we're a team in need of a gut check and an identity.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 09:28 AM by Bucfaithful.)
11-29-2015 09:14 AM
Advertisement

BUC21 Offline
Water Engineer

The offense looked rough last night.
11-29-2015 10:08 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

(11-29-2015 10:08 AM)BUC21 Wrote:  The offense looked rough last night.

I disagree. We scored an efficient 72 pts. Look at the box score.
11-29-2015 10:12 AM
queenladybug817 Offline
Special Teams

Yeah - and scoring would be even better if they actually worked together more. The points came, but it looked rough because everyone seemed out for themselves to get the points quite a bit. There were brief moments of teamwork, but far from enough.
11-29-2015 10:17 AM
Advertisement

BucsFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU & UVa
Re: RE: Remaining OOC schedule
(11-29-2015 10:12 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 10:08 AM)BUC21 Wrote:  The offense looked rough last night.

They were pretty efficient at turning the ball over too. 21 turnovers is not a good look or what you want from an offense.

Defense and rebounding though are the biggest holes. While the Green Bay win was nice, I commented to some that day that they were not going to be able to give up 90 every time out and expect to win many. Georgia Tech is the only D1 team they have held under 70 and that speaks to just how woeful the Yellow Jackets are at the moment.
11-29-2015 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
I agree with Bucfaithful - offense is not the key issue. Even against UNCW's well executed press the Bucs topped 70. Villanova was the only troubling offensive performance. Even so, offense needs to tighten up - lots of dumb turnovers early on.

More visibly, defense and court movement are costing us games. That does go back to the central issues, which we seem to have a consensus on, of cohesion and team play and complete effort. All around, people are not switching in time, our bigs are not playing consistently big yet in the post, and we keep collapsing just to surrender open shots around the perimeter or easy assists at the rim. That's when the defense has actually made it back in time.

Poor focus
Lacking discipline
Missing assignments
Not executing plays
Not playing with intensity (very evident in rebounding)
Playing from behind
Settling

I would like to see more pressing and more playing time awarded for defensive efforts. Until this team comes together defensively, they are just a bunch of guerillas taking shots at organized teams. Now that Forbes has lost a game at home - a clear blowout, worse yet - it's time for the program to make good on teaching defense. Defense is where the EFFORT will be turned around.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 12:37 PM by shampoo.)
11-29-2015 11:18 AM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Faithful is right. Offense was reasonable, they can't play a lick of defense and can't rebound. We have some players not buying in. Until they do, we're an average team.
11-29-2015 05:30 PM
Advertisement

Just Buc Offline
2nd String

(11-29-2015 10:12 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  [quote='BUC21' pid='12719200' dateline='1448809707']
The offense looked rough last night.

[/quote

21 turnovers is hardly efficient
11-29-2015 07:34 PM
Just Buc Offline
2nd String

(11-29-2015 05:30 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  Faithful is right. Offense was reasonable, they can't play a lick of defense and can't rebound. We have some players not buying in. Until they do, we're an average team.

Careful...not supposed to talk here about players buying in...
11-29-2015 07:35 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

(11-29-2015 07:35 PM)Just Buc Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 05:30 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  Faithful is right. Offense was reasonable, they can't play a lick of defense and can't rebound. We have some players not buying in. Until they do, we're an average team.

JustFerpaBuc,

Not supposed to disclose information of which you're privy to.
11-29-2015 09:25 PM
Just Buc Offline
2nd String

(11-29-2015 09:25 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 07:35 PM)Just Buc Wrote:  

JustFerpaBuc,

Not supposed to disclose information of which you're privy to.

All players are completing course work the next two weeks....sue me.
11-30-2015 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.