Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DMN: 2 Finalists for UNT Job
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
Report: TCU co-offensive coordinator Meacham among finalists of UNT coaching search

By Jose Rodriguez Follow @ByJoseRodriguez jrodriguez@dallasnews.com

Staff Writer
Published: 27 November 2015 09:56 PM
Updated: 27 November 2015 09:57 PM

TCU co-offensive coordinator Doug Meacham is one of two candidates who North Texas has closed in on as it nears the end of its search for its next head coach, FootballScoop reported Friday.

According to FootballScoop, UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal is expected to interview Meacham on Sunday and hopes to announce a hire early next week.

Seth Littrell, North Carolina's assistant head coach for offense, is the other name mentioned in FootballScoop's report.
11-28-2015 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: DMN: 2 Finalists for UNT Job
go w/ Meacham
11-28-2015 11:51 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Meachum would be a great hire. He took a true freshman QB and made him a solid QB for us. When he left the next year to go to TCU, he turned a struggling TCU QB into a gun slinger (meanwhile O'Korn regressed so badly in Meachum's absence that he lost the starring QB job). Meachum also has lots of Texas/Oklahoma recruiting connections. He would be an excellent choice.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 12:00 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-28-2015 11:59 AM
Curtzilla Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kyle Busch
Starting to be leaked in a few places that it will be Meacham. Official announcement Monday.

I like it, with the big caveat of who he gets for DC. I think Meacham can quickly recruit a DFW area spread QB (there's an ample supply), something that McCarney/Canales simply couldn't do.
11-29-2015 05:07 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-29-2015 05:07 PM)Curtzilla Wrote:  Starting to be leaked in a few places that it will be Meacham. Official announcement Monday.

I like it, with the big caveat of who he gets for DC. I think Meacham can quickly recruit a DFW area spread QB (there's an ample supply), something that McCarney/Canales simply couldn't do.

I agree. Meacham seems like a great offensive hire, but it must be a top priority for him to bring in a solid defensive coordinator.

I'd only add that I hope he keeps Perry on his coaching staff. Perry has been a great special teams coach.
11-29-2015 08:00 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Todd Rodge or whatever the trolls name is can't question this hire
11-29-2015 08:03 PM
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-29-2015 08:03 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Todd Rodge or whatever the trolls name is can't question this hire

He will probably try.

Hopefully Meach can cobble together enough of an offense to make next season's meeting interesting.
11-29-2015 08:13 PM
Pony94 Offline

Maybe we should play in a parking lot so nobody will see it
11-29-2015 08:14 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-29-2015 08:14 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Maybe we should play in a parking lot so nobody will see it

I'm sure the game will air on Fox Sports Southwest. Between SMU, UNT, and the TCU fans interested in seeing what Meacham does, I think there will be enough local interest.
11-29-2015 08:22 PM
Pony94 Offline

You and I both deserve good teams based on the time we have invested
11-29-2015 08:24 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

Sunday night coach search update

TCU co-offensive coordinator Doug Meacham interviewed with UNT officials on Sunday as the school moved closer to selecting a coach to replace Dan McCarney.

North Carolina assistant Seth Littrell is other coach still in the running for the job.

UNT athletic department officials did not return messages seeking comment on where the school stands in the process, but a source close to players who were at a team meeting on Sunday indicated that Meacham will be UNT’s pick and will accept the job.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/1...date.html/
11-29-2015 10:53 PM
Advertisement

uhcoog27 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH
Meacham would be a fantastic hire for North Texas. He did a great job at UH calling the plays and bringing along O'Korn as a freshman (who regressed dramatically after Meacham left).
11-30-2015 08:48 AM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
Still no announcement...good Ole north texas effing this up...
11-30-2015 05:51 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

the best thing Meacham can do is bring the air raid offense to UNT as it should be easy to sell to the fans
11-30-2015 05:57 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
Latest report is waiting on litrell after acc champ game...

Who really the eff knows...
11-30-2015 06:48 PM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

This has been a wild day with reporters going back and forth that Meacham was meeting / thinking / getting the job / hired / not offered / etc. It was actually Meacham's nephew who broke the news that Meacham had never been offered the job. Within a few mintues of each other we had the Fort Worth paper saying Meacham was hired while the UNT beat writer said he's not going to be the hire. This was after the same UNT beat writer said Meacham would be hired the day before. It was hilarious if not aggravating to not have an answer.

It seems that either TCU offered Meacham enough money to stay (since they believe Cumbie, the other OC) might go to Texas. Or it could be Littrell was always our top choice and we're just waiting on him. Either way, Littrell apparently is our guy ... unless things change again.

Anyway, the media really blew this one (apparently). We may get more details in the next few weeks. For now, when you watch the UNC - Clemson game, the guy calling plays for UNC will apparently be our head coach next year.
11-30-2015 07:40 PM
Advertisement

BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(11-30-2015 07:40 PM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  This has been a wild day with reporters going back and forth that Meacham was meeting / thinking / getting the job / hired / not offered / etc. It was actually Meacham's nephew who broke the news that Meacham had never been offered the job. Within a few mintues of each other we had the Fort Worth paper saying Meacham was hired while the UNT beat writer said he's not going to be the hire. This was after the same UNT beat writer said Meacham would be hired the day before. It was hilarious if not aggravating to not have an answer.

It seems that either TCU offered Meacham enough money to stay (since they believe Cumbie, the other OC) might go to Texas. Or it could be Littrell was always our top choice and we're just waiting on him. Either way, Littrell apparently is our guy ... unless things change again.

Anyway, the media really blew this one (apparently). We may get more details in the next few weeks. For now, when you watch the UNC - Clemson game, the guy calling plays for UNC will apparently be our head coach next year.

Landing either would be a huge win for you guys.
12-01-2015 06:37 AM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 54s55 seconds ago
Source: TCU's Doug Meacham has pulled his name out of contention at North Texas.
12-01-2015 01:02 PM
Pony94 Offline

(12-01-2015 01:02 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 54s55 seconds ago
Source: TCU's Doug Meacham has pulled his name out of contention at North Texas.

UNT helped him get a fat raise yesterday
12-01-2015 01:08 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(12-01-2015 01:08 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 01:02 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 54s55 seconds ago

UNT helped him get a fat raise yesterday

You have to think TCU was seriously concerned they would lose both Cumbie and Meachum. They needed to hang onto to at least one of them. Way easier to outbid N Texas than UT.
12-01-2015 01:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.