Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could this be the end of football???
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
Could this be the end of football???
Being talked about a lot. Now, this happened. What do you think?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/26/media/co...index.html

Hate to be controversial at the end of a good season, however, this is gaining traction.

I, like you, love the game more than one could imagine. Been watching and attending games all across the country for many years.

Any doctors on here that could enlighten us all??? 07-coffee3
11-27-2015 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Could this be the end of football???
No, but there will be a lot of dumb parents that don't understand there's a huge difference in playing pop warner football and playing pro ball for many years. They will hurt the participation level.
11-27-2015 01:34 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
that's what the pussification of 'murica generates.....

you might want to extrapolate to thinking about how one will defend one's home when the pussification crumbles a few decades down the road.....

for people like them, I would suggest a heroin overdose.....

when rome fell, gladiators became farmers....didn't check it for factuality, but I can only hope one would understand the point
11-27-2015 01:35 PM
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
As long as there are poor people and the NFL is willing to pay millions. Football will be just fine.
11-27-2015 04:35 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
My alma mater to the rescue. You're welcome.

http://koin.com/2015/11/25/safer-footbal...iron-soon/
11-27-2015 05:45 PM
Advertisement

Siborg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bowling Green
At some point in the future the games will be played virtually with avatars. The transformation will be driven by a combination of cost, technology and the fear of injury. Sort of a revenge of the nerds scenario as avatars can be controlled by anyone no matter their 40 time or vertical leap. Once kids stop playing football and the feeder system dries up, the NFL will either die or evolve to become a bunch of nerds controlling avatars. Infrastructure costs will be negligible since no more stadiums will be necessary. No injuries & low budget but competition should be fierce since virtually anyone can play.
11-27-2015 08:47 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(11-27-2015 08:47 PM)Siborg Wrote:  At some point in the future the games will be played virtually with avatars. The transformation will be driven by a combination of cost, technology and the fear of injury. Sort of a revenge of the nerds scenario as avatars can be controlled by anyone no matter their 40 time or vertical leap. Once kids stop playing football and the feeder system dries up, the NFL will either die or evolve to become a bunch of nerds controlling avatars. Infrastructure costs will be negligible since no more stadiums will be necessary. No injuries & low budget but competition should be fierce since virtually anyone can play.
Nope

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
11-27-2015 09:03 PM
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Blown out of proportion. Participation will decrease in terms of % of kids but there will still be a deep enough talent pool to keep it going for a long, long time. Simpletons can't think this through. At the absolute worst, slightly less talented players start to find themselves in the NFL.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
11-27-2015 09:16 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Players are just getting too big, too strong and too fast.

They are hurting the game with all the injury delays. Some of it is simply that they take things (not just concussions) more seriously. But I think some is just those 300-350 lineman landing on somebody's joint.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (saw Creed tonight speaking of concussions-great movie-quote is however from Ferris Bueller), they need to end unlimited substitution in college and high school. 350 lb linemen can't play both ways. It will force players to be smaller. Spread offenses are already helping make linebackers smaller.
11-27-2015 10:02 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(11-27-2015 09:16 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  Blown out of proportion. Participation will decrease in terms of % of kids but there will still be a deep enough talent pool to keep it going for a long, long time. Simpletons can't think this through. At the absolute worst, slightly less talented players start to find themselves in the NFL.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I don't think that will even happen. It might become more of an inner city sport like basketball, but that's where 95% of the talent is anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
11-27-2015 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.