Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NY 6 bowls
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
NY 6 bowls
Just looking- think the teams for the NY6 are pretty known right now...
ACC- Clemson for sure. FSU if they beat Florida has a shot- that may hinge on B12.
B12- Oklahoma for sure. Baylor if they win for sure. Oklahoma St has a shot with a win.
B10- Mich St in for sure. Iowa with win, in for sure. Ohio St/Michigan winner in for sure.
P12- 1 team only
SEC- Alabama in for sure. Florida/Ole Miss/Miss St in if Alabama is in playoffs

So the for sures- Clemson, Oklahoma, Mich St, Ohio St/Michigan, Alabama. 5 teams
in with win- Baylor, Iowa. 2 teams
that leaves 3 slots. Alabama makes playoffs, SEC gets spot. 2 left. Notre Dame even with loss should be in. That leaves 1 spot. Likely FSU if they win. If they lose, going to give you a big sleeper- Oregon. They're #17 this week, and will climb with a win.
11-26-2015 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
RE: NY 6 bowls
(11-26-2015 12:36 AM)stever20 Wrote:  Just looking- think the teams for the NY6 are pretty known right now...
ACC- Clemson for sure. FSU if they beat Florida has a shot- that may hinge on B12.
B12- Oklahoma for sure. Baylor if they win for sure. Oklahoma St has a shot with a win.
B10- Mich St in for sure. Iowa with win, in for sure. Ohio St/Michigan winner in for sure.
P12- 1 team only

So the for sures- Clemson, Oklahoma, Mich St, Ohio St/Michigan, Alabama. 5 teams
that leaves 3 slots. Alabama makes playoffs, SEC gets spot. 2 left. Notre Dame even with loss should be in. That leaves 1 spot. Likely FSU if they win. If they lose, going to give you a big sleeper- Oregon. They're #17 this week, and will climb with a win.

Oregon might be the best team in the Pac-12 right now, and they might end up as the highest-ranked Pac-12 team if Stanford loses to Notre Dame. But to get into a CFP bowl, they need Florida beating FSU as you mention, and even with that the committee would have to choose the Ducks over a 3rd Big 12 team, which might be 10-2 Oklahoma State (and even that scenario requires OU to beat Ok St, because if Baylor and Ok St win out, then the 3rd Big 12 team is 10-2 OU). Or maybe another unlikely scenario like Iowa losing to both Nebraska and the Big Ten east winner.

If we were going to put money on it, the safer bet would be Oregon ending up playing TCU in the Alamo Bowl.
11-26-2015 01:45 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(11-26-2015 01:45 AM)Wedge Wrote:  
(11-26-2015 12:36 AM)stever20 Wrote:  Just looking- think the teams for the NY6 are pretty known right now...
P12- 1 team only

Oregon might be the best team in the Pac-12 right now, and they might end up as the highest-ranked Pac-12 team if Stanford loses to Notre Dame. But to get into a CFP bowl, they need Florida beating FSU as you mention, and even with that the committee would have to choose the Ducks over a 3rd Big 12 team, which might be 10-2 Oklahoma State (and even that scenario requires OU to beat Ok St, because if Baylor and Ok St win out, then the 3rd Big 12 team is 10-2 OU). Or maybe another unlikely scenario like Iowa losing to both Nebraska and the Big Ten east winner.

If we were going to put money on it, the safer bet would be Oregon ending up playing TCU in the Alamo Bowl.

I think given SOS and everything- if Oklahoma St Loses, they will be behind Oregon..

right now- the access bowl teams would be
8 Ohio St
10 Michigan
11 Oklahoma St
15 Navy

Ohio St/Michigan loser I think falls behind Oregon and Oklahoma St if they lose falls behind Oregon. FSU would be in with a win. But then the last spot would be between- Ohio St Michigan loser, Oklahoma St with a loss, Oregon, and another sleeper in Northwestern. Think especially if it's between Ohio St(10-2 with 2 straight losses), Oklahoma St, Oregon, and Northwestern- given how the teams are playing- Oregon has a VERY strong chance. And if FSU loses, I think Oregon WOULD be in.
11-26-2015 01:59 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

well after today....
I think 11/12 NY6 bowl slots are accounted for:
1- AAC champ
2- ACC Clemson
3- B12 Oklahoma
4- B12 replacement for Oklahoma in Sugar
5- B10 champ
6- B10 replacement in Rose
7- B10 team
8- P12 champ
9- Alabama
10- SEC replacement in Sugar
11- Notre Dame

right now just 1 slot left. To me, it's most likely FSU. BUT, if the Rose could select like Michigan and then both Ohio St and Iowa go to the access bowls- that could screw FSU out of an appearance.
11-29-2015 12:16 AM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
FSU most likely punched their ticket to the Peach Bowl...Ole Miss most likely secured the Sugar Bowl
11-29-2015 12:19 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

So FSU/Houston in the Peach and Notre Dame/B10 team in the Fiesta.
11-29-2015 12:22 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

The one thing that could hurt FSU is frankly UNC. If UNC moves way up this week, and then loses a close game to Clemson next week, I could see UNC ahead of FSU. Knocking out FSU. FSU's hope then would be to be ahead of ND. Possible, but no lock by any stretch of the imagination.
11-29-2015 12:30 AM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(11-29-2015 12:22 AM)stever20 Wrote:  So FSU/Houston in the Peach and Notre Dame/B10 team in the Fiesta.

If Michigan State loses, Baylor might move in with a big win over Texas

Ohio State is probably either playoff bound or in the Rose Bowl...

I'm guessing TCU will fill in the Sugar Bowl bid
11-29-2015 12:31 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(11-29-2015 12:31 AM)EvilVodka Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 12:22 AM)stever20 Wrote:  So FSU/Houston in the Peach and Notre Dame/B10 team in the Fiesta.

If Michigan State loses, Baylor might move in with a big win over Texas

Ohio State is probably either playoff bound or in the Rose Bowl...

I'm guessing TCU will fill in the Sugar Bowl bid

Baylor would be going to the Sugar I think. They'll be the highest B12 team for sure.

I do agree with you about Ohio St. That would leave Iowa for the Fiesta.
11-29-2015 12:34 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

thought this is interesting from the Rose Bowl:
The 102nd Rose Bowl Game will be held on January 1, 2016 at the Rose Bowl Stadium. The game will feature the champion of the Pac-12 and Big Ten Conference. If the Conference champion is selected to participate in the College Football Playoff Semifinal, the Rose Bowl Game will select the next best team in the conference.

So like if Michigan St beats Iowa, does Iowa still go as they had a 8-0 conference record(to Ohio St at 7-1)? Putting Ohio St in the Fiesta Bowl most likely vs Notre Dame?
11-29-2015 12:58 AM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
NY 6 bowls
(11-29-2015 12:58 AM)stever20 Wrote:  thought this is interesting from the Rose Bowl:
The 102nd Rose Bowl Game will be held on January 1, 2016 at the Rose Bowl Stadium. The game will feature the champion of the Pac-12 and Big Ten Conference. If the Conference champion is selected to participate in the College Football Playoff Semifinal, the Rose Bowl Game will select the next best team in the conference.

So like if Michigan St beats Iowa, does Iowa still go as they had a 8-0 conference record(to Ohio St at 7-1)? Putting Ohio St in the Fiesta Bowl most likely vs Notre Dame?

No...... More than likely the Rose Bowl will take Ohio State. They bring so much more money to the table than Iowa does.
11-29-2015 01:03 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

(11-29-2015 01:03 AM)utpotts Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 12:58 AM)stever20 Wrote:  thought this is interesting from the Rose Bowl:

No...... More than likely the Rose Bowl will take Ohio State. They bring so much more money to the table than Iowa does.

Oh I agree with you on the money perspective. But if it's the next best team in the conference- are you just using conference record as a basis, or are you going of the CFP committee ratings?
11-29-2015 01:06 AM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
NY 6 bowls
I think the Rose Bowl will take who they want. No matter the record or the rankings. I think the Michigan/ OSU game today was for the Rose Bowl.
11-29-2015 01:27 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I really could see the Rose taking Iowa. It's been 25 years since Iowa was there.
11-29-2015 01:50 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(11-29-2015 01:50 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I really could see the Rose taking Iowa. It's been 25 years since Iowa was there.
Yeah, that's part of the calculation on the Rose Bowl's part ... how many Iowa fans that could conceivably go would pass it up for the "next time" Iowa goes to the Rose Bowl?

If MSU wins (which is not for certain), it may come down to how impressive Iowa looks in the fight.

Of course, if Iowa wins the CCG, it would be very hard to take OSU over the school that beat them, and won OSU's division, so MSU is almost certainly going to Pasadena in that scenario.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 02:11 AM by BruceMcF.)
11-29-2015 02:11 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(11-29-2015 02:11 AM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 01:50 AM)stever20 Wrote:  I really could see the Rose taking Iowa. It's been 25 years since Iowa was there.
Yeah, that's part of the calculation on the Rose Bowl's part ... how many Iowa fans that could conceivably go would pass it up for the "next time" Iowa goes to the Rose Bowl?

If MSU wins (which is not for certain), it may come down to how impressive Iowa looks in the fight.

Of course, if Iowa wins the CCG, it would be very hard to take OSU over the school that beat them, and won OSU's division, so MSU is almost certainly going to Pasadena in that scenario.
you see there I disagree. MSU went to the Rose 2 years ago. OSU hasn't been there in 6 years.
11-29-2015 02:15 AM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(11-29-2015 02:15 AM)stever20 Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 02:11 AM)BruceMcF Wrote:  ... Of course, if Iowa wins the CCG, it would be very hard to take OSU over the school that beat them, and won OSU's division, so MSU is almost certainly going to Pasadena in that scenario.
you see there I disagree. MSU went to the Rose 2 years ago. OSU hasn't been there in 6 years.
I'd hope they would, of course, but I have nowhere near the same confidence that they would.
11-29-2015 02:36 AM
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
Ohio State is a lock to be chosen by the Rose Bowl committee, unless they're somehow selected for the playoff. They've only played in the Rose Bowl 3 times in the last 31 years (1/1 1985, 1997, 2010).

For the other games: Florida State to the Peach to play the Houston-Temple winner. That leaves Notre Dame playing the Mich St-Iowa loser in the Fiesta Bowl. For the Sugar's choices if Alabama beats Florida, I'll guess Florida-TCU, but Ole Miss and Baylor are also possible.

I'll guess Clemson-Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl and Alabama-Big Ten champ in the Cotton Bowl.
11-29-2015 03:25 AM
RUScarlets Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
(11-29-2015 03:25 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Ohio State is a lock to be chosen by the Rose Bowl committee, unless they're somehow selected for the playoff. They've only played in the Rose Bowl 3 times in the last 31 years (1/1 1985, 1997, 2010).

For the other games: Florida State to the Peach to play the Houston-Temple winner. That leaves Notre Dame playing the Mich St-Iowa loser in the Fiesta Bowl. For the Sugar's choices if Alabama beats Florida, I'll guess Florida-TCU, but Ole Miss and Baylor are also possible.

I'll guess Clemson-Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl and Alabama-Big Ten champ in the Cotton Bowl.

OU is already in the three so Clemson would have to drop. Bama didn't exactly blow out Auburn either. Bama/OU in the Cotton is a much better sell. Then if things hold, I'd slot it as:

Peach: FSU vs ND

Fiesta: Temple/Houston vs Iowa
Rose: Stanford vs OSU
Sugar: Ole Miss vs Baylor
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 07:07 AM by RUScarlets.)
11-29-2015 07:04 AM
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
There is ZERO chance that the Rose Bowl takes Iowa over Ohio State.
11-29-2015 08:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.