Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Carey not watching WMU - Toledo game friday
Bookmark and Share
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
This is what he said immediatley after the game in the radio postgame interview with Andy Garcia. He said he would check the final score but wasn't going to watch.

Huh? I used to stick up for him but his arrogance is going to make him unemployed someday.
11-25-2015 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU32 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
I don't think that's really arrogant. He probably is going be around Huskie Stadium talking w coaches of the IHSA title games and watching some of those games. It's a valuable advantage for him when it comes to recruiting. I'd hope he'd take advantage of that rather than staying home and watching a game on tv that he can't control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015 10:02 PM by NIU32.)
11-25-2015 09:58 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
RE: Carey not watching WMU - Toledo game friday
Most coaches dont watch other games, just select film.
11-25-2015 10:01 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

(11-25-2015 09:58 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  I don't think that's really arrogant. He probably is going be around Huskie Stadium talking w coaches of the IHSA title games and watching some of those games. It's a valuable advantage for him when it comes to recruiting. I'd hope he'd take advantage of that rather than staying home and watching a game on tv that he can't controk

The game is at 11 am. ..is he scouting the 1A game? I just find it odd he wouldn't watch a game that decides his team's fate. I actually think he will but he was mad after the game and acted like a sloppy brat.
11-25-2015 10:04 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
Who cares? Him watching won't alter the result.
11-25-2015 10:43 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
I am also not watching the game. Please start a thread about it
11-25-2015 10:45 PM
Advertisement

Hall of Famer

(11-25-2015 10:45 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  I am also not watching the game. Please start a thread about it

Your arrogance will be your undoing.
11-25-2015 10:46 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

(11-25-2015 10:45 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  I am also not watching the game. Please start a thread about it

I might start a thread about how you want to have Rod Carey's baby. Get out of Rod's pants.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015 11:14 PM by prairiedawg.)
11-25-2015 11:13 PM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
Re: RE: Carey not watching WMU - Toledo game friday
(11-25-2015 09:52 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  This is what he said immediatley after the game in the radio postgame interview with Andy Garcia. He said he would check the final score but wasn't going to watch.

Huh? I used to stick up for him but his arrogance is going to make him unemployed someday.

Huh?
11-25-2015 11:29 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(11-25-2015 09:58 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  I don't think that's really arrogant. He probably is going be around Huskie Stadium talking w coaches of the IHSA title games and watching some of those games. It's a valuable advantage for him when it comes to recruiting. I'd hope he'd take advantage of that rather than staying home and watching a game on tv that he can't control

+1

I don't catch all his post games on radio but did last night. I thought he sounded better than usual. As far as not watching the Tolefo/WMU game...I'm cool with his reply as he had to be pissed with last nights performance.
11-26-2015 12:14 AM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

(11-25-2015 11:29 PM)sarasotahuskie Wrote:  
(11-25-2015 09:52 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  This is what he said immediatley after the game in the radio postgame interview with Andy Garcia. He said he would check the final score but wasn't going to watch.

Huh?

He can and was a prick in an interview. You dudes think he is sugar..move on.
11-26-2015 12:30 AM
Advertisement

Hall of Famer

(11-26-2015 12:30 AM)prairiedawg Wrote:  
(11-25-2015 11:29 PM)sarasotahuskie Wrote:  

Huh?

He can and was a prick in an interview. You dudes think he is sugar..move on.

He's not the most pleasant dude, I can see why people dislike him. What bothers me is when people discredit him because they don't like him. Then they get nitpicky.
11-26-2015 01:09 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Matt Campbell said he wasn't going to watch the OUvNIU game does that make him arrogant and a terrible coach? Get over it.
11-26-2015 09:08 AM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
(11-25-2015 11:13 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  

I might start a thread about how you want to have Rod Carey's baby. Get out of Rod's pants.

I guess we could adopt a baby together.
11-26-2015 09:20 AM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

what a silly thing to worry about Carey doing or not doing...
11-26-2015 11:22 AM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

My guess is that he has his final interview at Iowa State.
11-26-2015 12:51 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
I hope he has better things to do than watch that game. Like figure out how we can go forward with our newest QB & MAYBE do a game plan where the last QB we have isn't RUNNING THE GD BALL! and getting our O-line top protect our QB so he doesn't get hurt.

Sorry - I see no reason to expect him to watch WMU & Toledo. We're done playing both of them this year, aren't we?!
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 03:51 PM by HuskieFootball Addict.)
11-26-2015 03:50 PM
leguptopee Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Family
He will not watch Toledo vs WMu. Instead he will be watching his teams last performance and oddly enough, if he is like 99% of other coaches, looking at the teams possible next opponent. Yes, wouldn't everyone think his time would be better spent watching tapes and preparing for a possible game with Bowling Green then watching WMu vs Toledo? There is nothing to be gained by watching Toledo. There is plenty to be gained "if" they get a shot at Bowling Green though.
11-26-2015 06:38 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Yes, wouldn't everyone think his time would be better spent watching tapes and preparing for a possible game with Bowling Green then watching WMu vs Toledo?

No, I don't think so. If WMU was favored by 20 points, then I would agree. This isn't EMU, it's Toledo. Strong chances Toledo's going to win. You'd want to start whipping the tapes of BGSU after WMU would win, not before in a low % chance. Time is better spent doing other things.

I can understand he may be busy doing some stuff as HC -- totally understandable. If he's stationary in one place though, it'd be silly not to have it on close to him to check on it periodically. I think the possible arrogant tinge to it is it's not like he said "I'm going to be traveling and bouncing from one place to another around that time -- I'll check score updates on it, but am busy, otherwise of course I'd watch it." He just said he'd check the final score -- which he'd probably do for any MAC game, looking at the scoreboard (it's kind of hard NOT to see the final score of any game).

I think part of it, if anything, is to assume they don't advance to the MACC to get their hopes up and all after still kicking themselves for losing to Ohio.
11-26-2015 11:03 PM
leguptopee Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Family
(11-26-2015 11:03 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:Yes, wouldn't everyone think his time would be better spent watching tapes and preparing for a possible game with Bowling Green then watching WMu vs Toledo?

No, I don't think so. If WMU was favored by 20 points, then I would agree. This isn't EMU, it's Toledo. Strong chances Toledo's going to win. You'd want to start whipping the tapes of BGSU after WMU would win, not before in a low % chance. Time is better spent doing other things.

I can understand he may be busy doing some stuff as HC -- totally understandable. If he's stationary in one place though, it'd be silly not to have it on close to him to check on it periodically. I think the possible arrogant tinge to it is it's not like he said "I'm going to be traveling and bouncing from one place to another around that time -- I'll check score updates on it, but am busy, otherwise of course I'd watch it." He just said he'd check the final score -- which he'd probably do for any MAC game, looking at the scoreboard (it's kind of hard NOT to see the final score of any game).

I think part of it, if anything, is to assume they don't advance to the MACC to get their hopes up and all after still kicking themselves for losing to Ohio.

Glad your not a coach then. Any decent coach's time would be better spent preparing for a possible opponent then spent watching that game.
11-27-2015 12:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.