Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincinnat/Tuberville
WizardofWestwood Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Bearcats/Tide
Cincinnat/Tuberville
After last weekends epic beatdown of the Bearcats by South Florida, is Tommy Tuberville's job in jeopardy if the Bearcats lose at East Carolina?
11-24-2015 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
RE: Cincinnat/Tuberville
No
11-24-2015 11:36 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
I say no due to large volume of turnover already announced.
11-24-2015 11:38 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Who are you going to replace him with?
11-24-2015 11:40 AM
WizardofWestwood Offline
Water Engineer

(11-24-2015 11:40 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Who are you going to replace him with?

That is a great question. The feeling that this program is treading water at best is becoming a big issue. A team that was a unanimous choice to win the AAC is floundering. Another question could be, can Cincinnati afford to tread water with the recent success of Memphis and Houston when a possible realignment bid could be a stake?
11-24-2015 11:50 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
His seat is on fire right now, but I think the administration holds on for another year. Tubs has another two years on his contract and next year the buyout will be reduced to $1M. As Miko notes above, with the number of coaching vacancies this is not a good market to go looking for a new coach if you are a G5 school. The P5 schools will pick up the best of the lot and the G5 schools will be reduced to accept the retreads and guys with limited/no head coaching experience.
11-24-2015 12:14 PM
Advertisement

WizardofWestwood Offline
Water Engineer

(11-24-2015 12:14 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  His seat is on fire right now, but I think the administration holds on for another year. Tubs has another two years on his contract and next year the buyout will be reduced to $1M. As Miko notes above, with the number of coaching vacancies this is not a good market to go looking for a new coach if you are a G5 school. The P5 schools will pick up the best of the lot and the G5 schools will be reduced to accept the retreads and guys with limited/no head coaching experience.

Great points. I just hope another year is not too late. The Bearcats are in a tough spot G5 vs P5 as far as attracting a top coach but they can't allow the program to backslide any further or their fate will be determined for them not by them.
11-24-2015 12:30 PM
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-24-2015 11:50 AM)WizardofWestwood Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 11:40 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Who are you going to replace him with?

That is a great question. The feeling that this program is treading water at best is becoming a big issue. A team that was a unanimous choice to win the AAC is floundering. Another question could be, can Cincinnati afford to tread water with the recent success of Memphis and Houston when a possible realignment bid could be a stake?

Not worried about that. Expansion isn't about what you did on the football field in the last year.

Easy to forget that Louisville was picked up before their epic sports year. At that point they were only 1 year removed from the stink of Kragthorpe and low attendance. A good example to show that these college presidents are looking at universities as a whole and over the long haul.

Expansion is about the big picture.

As for Tuberville, he has 1 more year to show some kind of progress or he might be out. Doubt he gets extended at all though unless he really makes an impression. His career might be very likely coming to a close.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 01:37 PM by stxrunner.)
11-24-2015 01:35 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(11-24-2015 01:35 PM)stxrunner Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 11:50 AM)WizardofWestwood Wrote:  

Not worried about that. Expansion isn't about what you did on the football field in the last year.

Easy to forget that Louisville was picked up before their epic sports year. At that point they were only 1 year removed from the stink of Kragthorpe and low attendance. A good example to show that these college presidents are looking at universities as a whole and over the long haul.

Expansion is about the big picture.

As for Tuberville, he has 1 more year to show some kind of progress or he might be out. Doubt he gets extended at all though unless he really makes an impression. His career might be very likely coming to a close.

Yep. Any league that bases its expansion decisions on how one's football team did in one season isn't going to be around long anyway. Cincy is still the best expansion option for the B12.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 02:05 PM by Chappy.)
11-24-2015 02:04 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(11-24-2015 12:14 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  His seat is on fire right now, but I think the administration holds on for another year. Tubs has another two years on his contract and next year the buyout will be reduced to $1M. As Miko notes above, with the number of coaching vacancies this is not a good market to go looking for a new coach if you are a G5 school. The P5 schools will pick up the best of the lot and the G5 schools will be reduced to accept the retreads and guys with limited/no head coaching experience.

This.

There's one added benefit of waiting - if we fire him now, any new coach knows he only has 3 years to put his program in place. That forces him to do a lot of short-term things (like not redshirting freshmen) that are bad for the program. Also, giving him a 4th year to prove himself will make it easier to attract a new coach if/when he does need to be fired.
11-24-2015 05:37 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
I saw somewhere where he was a candidate for Miami (Florida, not Ohio).

Found this Link. He definitely is in the mix at Miami.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 06:17 PM by QuestionSocratic.)
11-24-2015 06:16 PM
Advertisement

Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Bring back Rick Minter !!!

11-24-2015 06:38 PM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
This year's season won't have any impact on any realignment that might happen. If it did, Rutgers and Maryland wouldn't be in the B1G.
11-24-2015 07:28 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
His first two seasons Cincy was 9-4 and one was a conference championship. This season they're 6-5. All of their losses are to teams that are/have been in the top 25 except for USF. And South Florida is firing on all cylinders right now. They blew out Temple and Cincy in back-to-back weeks.

Cincy has the fourth best recruiting class in the AAC. Last year they were first. And were third in Tuberville's first season.

Tuberville shouldn't be in any dangers. Especially with having two years left on his contract.
11-24-2015 07:38 PM
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Cincinnat/Tuberville
Check out this article from The Cincinnati Enquirer:

Tuberville apologizes for UC 'disaster'

http://cin.ci/1HkRm8i

Anyone who apologizes in the media knows their seat is on fire.
11-24-2015 08:49 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I hope he stays as long as he wants. Tubs strikes me as the kind of guy who's cashing his paychecks and spending quite a bit of time on the golf course until he retires, and that helps Miami rebuild while UC stalls. I don't foresee a monumental collapse coming from Clifton, but UC is the kind of place that needs an up-and-comer (i.e. Dantonio, Kelly, Jones) instead of a retread to stay very strong.
11-24-2015 11:52 PM
Advertisement

rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-24-2015 11:52 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  I hope he stays as long as he wants. Tubs strikes me as the kind of guy who's cashing his paychecks and spending quite a bit of time on the golf course until he retires, and that helps Miami rebuild while UC stalls. I don't foresee a monumental collapse coming from Clifton, but UC is the kind of place that needs an up-and-comer (i.e. Dantonio, Kelly, Jones) instead of a retread to stay very strong.

03-lmfao That is such a nice fantasy, you need a blankie?
11-25-2015 01:51 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(11-24-2015 07:38 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  His first two seasons Cincy was 9-4 and one was a conference championship. This season they're 6-5. All of their losses are to teams that are/have been in the top 25 except for USF. And South Florida is firing on all cylinders right now. They blew out Temple and Cincy in back-to-back weeks.

Cincy has the fourth best recruiting class in the AAC. Last year they were first. And were third in Tuberville's first season.

Tuberville shouldn't be in any dangers. Especially with having two years left on his contract.

Orange,

Not sure how closely you are watching but there is definitely something not quite right going on here. Despite the record, team has annually regressed and plays uninspired. Many observe that Tuberville appears to be coasting.
11-25-2015 08:12 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(11-25-2015 08:12 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 07:38 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  His first two seasons Cincy was 9-4 and one was a conference championship. This season they're 6-5. All of their losses are to teams that are/have been in the top 25 except for USF. And South Florida is firing on all cylinders right now. They blew out Temple and Cincy in back-to-back weeks.

Orange,

Not sure how closely you are watching but there is definitely something not quite right going on here. Despite the record, team has annually regressed and plays uninspired. Many observe that Tuberville appears to be coasting.

In Reality, I wouldn't miss Tubbs if He were to pull out. I've noticed the same thing that He isn't enjoying coaching anymore and probably is just biding His time . Guess the Texas Tech dude was right about Him.
11-25-2015 08:17 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Cincy would be stupid to fire Tuberville. Of course, that could be the case. Coaches get too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing - fans must have their heroes and scapegoats.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015 11:43 AM by Gray Avenger.)
11-25-2015 11:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.