[Image: tumblr_inline_nlinu7WSyP1t1lk8n_500.png]
11-23-2015 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
RE: Nice job Wake!
Good job Deacs. Get a scalp for the ACC! That picture of Crean...nice touch.
11-23-2015 08:16 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
04-clap2
11-23-2015 11:33 PM
Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Wake Forest
Wake also did this without two of their better players. I'm interested to see how Wake looks once they get Miller-McIntyre and Hudson back.

I would be very concerned if I was an Indiana fan right now.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 03:39 AM by Hitman Hart.)
11-24-2015 03:38 AM
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
Nice job Wake!
If wake and Miami are both for real, the acc will be brutal this year. Hope the NCSU doesn't hose us with only 5 bids. We should get a minimum of 6 every year with 7 most years.
11-24-2015 09:43 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(11-24-2015 09:43 AM)ren.hoek Wrote:  If wake and Miami are both for real, the acc will be brutal this year. Hope the NCSU doesn't hose us with only 5 bids. We should get a minimum of 6 every year with 7 most years.

UNC, Ville, Duke, Syracuse, Miami, Virginia and Wake would make 7. One or two of Pitt, BC, NC State would make eight or nine.
11-24-2015 09:54 AM
Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(11-24-2015 09:54 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 09:43 AM)ren.hoek Wrote:  If wake and Miami are both for real, the acc will be brutal this year. Hope the NCSU doesn't hose us with only 5 bids. We should get a minimum of 6 every year with 7 most years.

UNC, Ville, Duke, Syracuse, Miami, Virginia and Wake would make 7. One or two of Pitt, BC, NC State would make eight or nine.

You forgot about FSU. Miami and FSU will take the biggest jump of all the teams. Don't forget about ND as well.
11-24-2015 11:39 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(11-24-2015 11:39 AM)Indytarheel Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 09:54 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  

You forgot about FSU. Miami and FSU will take the biggest jump of all the teams. Don't forget about ND as well.

I didn't forget about FSU. So far that loss to Hofstra was a very bad loss as Hofstra has lost twice since then. I Absolutely did forget about ND, though.
11-24-2015 12:04 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
Man!! With all these Awesome teams we have in conference, EVERY YEAR is going to be bloodbath!!!!05-mafia

....and I LOVE IT!
FLossY Out...04-wine
11-24-2015 03:33 PM
Advertisement

Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

Outside of the Indiana game, there isn't anything that really suggests Wake is "for real".

Its also tough to judge them at this point, since they are without Codi Miller-McIntyre (leading scorer from last year) and Cornelius Hudson (player that Manning specifically identified in the pre-season as the player that would impress the most)

I think Manning has the Deacs back on track though. Bzdelik was just a program destroyer. If I was Dave Odom or a member of the Prosser family, I would be pretty mad that Wellman and Bzdelik destroyed the program those two men built and maintained.
11-24-2015 05:35 PM
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
Nice job Wake!
(11-24-2015 05:35 PM)Hitman Hart Wrote:  Outside of the Indiana game, there isn't anything that really suggests Wake is "for real".

Its also tough to judge them at this point, since they are without Codi Miller-McIntyre (leading scorer from last year) and Cornelius Hudson (player that Manning specifically identified in the pre-season as the player that would impress the most)

I think Manning has the Deacs back on track though. Bzdelik was just a program destroyer. If I was Dave Odom or a member of the Prosser family, I would be pretty mad that Wellman and Bzdelik destroyed the program those two men built and maintained.

Odumb was a fool to leave WF for the basketball wasteland that is the sec
11-24-2015 05:56 PM
Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-24-2015 05:56 PM)ren.hoek Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 05:35 PM)Hitman Hart Wrote:  Outside of the Indiana game, there isn't anything that really suggests Wake is "for real".

Odumb was a fool to leave WF for the basketball wasteland that is the sec

He didn't have a choice. He was forced out by Wellman.

Its funny considering Odom's last four years at Wake were a lot better than Bzdelik's entire tenure. He was more patient with a career loser than he was with a coach that had Wake near the top of the ACC (with two ACC championships) just about every year.

The Odom to Prosser transition worked out pretty well for Wake. Its amazing at how far Wellman's reputation has fallen at Wake since then.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 06:22 PM by Hitman Hart.)
11-24-2015 06:19 PM
Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardinals
Wake is one of those teams we need to step up so this conference can start averaging 9-10 bids annually. Miami's another--they've been up though missed last year. Other than that VT would be great, PITT, I'm just not sure what happened to them. They were real tough throughout the BE, but towards the end they missed the Dance one season and have never looked to have regained their form.
11-24-2015 09:05 PM
Advertisement

Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

There has never been a conference that has averaged 9-10 bids (i don't even think anyone has ever reached ten teams) annually. That is a very tall task.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 09:15 PM by Hitman Hart.)
11-24-2015 09:14 PM
Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

Hitman, The BE got 11 one year. But I know what you are saying. I believe over any 5-6 year sample span, this conference should be averaging 9.something bids/yr. It sounds like a lot, but with the teams we got, it really should be possible :)
11-24-2015 09:20 PM
Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-24-2015 09:20 PM)Crimsonelf Wrote:  Hitman, The BE got 11 one year. But I know what you are saying. I believe over any 5-6 year sample span, this conference should be averaging 9.something bids/yr. It sounds like a lot, but with the teams we got, it really should be possible :)

Oh yeah, I do remember that now. Thanks for the correction.

Sounds like Wake is going to Cornelius Hudson back tomorrow. That is good news. It is a shame he couldn't have played tonight.
11-24-2015 09:52 PM
Crimsonelf Offline
1st String

I'm disappointed in the result for Wake tonight. But I like where they are trending---and frankly Vandy's lookin' better than 19, just like Miami looks better than their ranking. While a team like Lsu is not a ranked team. Lots & Lots to play still...God I Love This Time of Year!!
11-24-2015 09:56 PM
Advertisement

Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

Vandy is a good team and Wake only has seven scholarships right now. Good news is that they're getting two of those scholarship players back for tomorrow's game. Six of the seven scholarship players that are currently playing are Freshmen and Sophomores. Devin Thomas is the lone upperclassman.

It was an unfortunate, but expected result.

If I was an Indiana fan, I would be extremely concerned that I lost to a Wake team that had both Miller-McIntyre and Hudson sidelined.

I do believe that Manning will have Wake back where they were when Odom, Prosser and Gaudio were coaching.
11-24-2015 10:19 PM
WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

Wins over Indiana and UCLA without a full roster. Hard to realistically ask for more than that.
11-25-2015 09:45 PM
Hitman Hart Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-25-2015 09:45 PM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  Wins over Indiana and UCLA without a full roster. Hard to realistically ask for more than that.

Agreed.
11-25-2015 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.