Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Missouri Ath. Director: "Justin Fuente is off the table"
Bookmark and Share
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Missouri Ath. Director: "Justin Fuente is off the table"
Before Saturday's Missouri-Tennessee football game in Columbia, Missouri, Missouri's Athletic Director, Mack Rhoades, was questioned about replacing longtime coach Gary Pinkel after this season.

When Justin Fuente's name came up, Rhoades responded that Fuente had been contacted early in the search but he was "off the table" and "committed elsewhere".

Extrapolate from this information what you will.
11-23-2015 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Missouri Ath. Director: "Justin Fuente is off the table"
Translation- Missouri doesnt want to match our offer.
11-23-2015 11:19 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Virginia Tech
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2015 11:19 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Translation- Missouri doesnt want to match our offer.

I guess that's one way to interpret that.
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2015 11:15 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  Before Saturday's Missouri-Tennessee football game in Columbia, Missouri, Missouri's Athletic Director, Mack Rhoades, was questioned about replacing longtime coach Gary Pinkel after this season.

When Justin Fuente's name came up, Rhoades responded that Fuente had been contacted early in the search but he was "off the table" and "committed elsewhere".

it means he turned down a poor job at a school on chaos. nothing more nothing less
11-23-2015 11:20 AM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(11-23-2015 11:20 AM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(11-23-2015 11:15 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  Before Saturday's Missouri-Tennessee football game in Columbia, Missouri, Missouri's Athletic Director, Mack Rhoades, was questioned about replacing longtime coach Gary Pinkel after this season.

it means he turned down a poor job at a school on chaos. nothing more nothing less

What coach doesn't to coach in a whirlpool of chaos?
11-23-2015 11:22 AM
Advertisement

MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

It's not only that, but it sounds like Fuente is locked in somewhere as of Saturday. Whether that's another school or Memphis he did not say.
11-23-2015 11:23 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
VPI bound.

Hopefully it's done next week so we can hire Odom and salvage this recruiting class.
11-23-2015 11:32 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(11-23-2015 11:23 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  

It's not only that, but it sounds like Fuente is locked in somewhere as of Saturday. Whether that's another school or Memphis he did not say.

It sure didn't look like Memphis the way our offense looked
11-23-2015 11:33 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2015 11:33 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

Interesting that the last time I thought that.... our basketball team was playing Mizzou.
11-23-2015 11:35 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Where he goes when he leaves is not as important as how fast we get someone really good to replace him.

Speaking of where, where's btiger? He's way too quiet.
11-23-2015 11:39 AM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(11-23-2015 11:35 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  
(11-23-2015 11:33 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

Interesting that the last time I thought that.... our basketball team was playing Mizzou.

Speaking of Mizzou and thinking, I always thought the plan was to bring Odom back
if Fuente left. How did Kiffen get into the mix? Something about that guy bothers me. He looks too smooth with no bite.
11-23-2015 11:41 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

Kiffen is a wunderkind of sorts when it comes to offensive play-calling and recruiting. He's proved to be a disappointment of an HC in his early career. Perhaps he has matured, perhaps not. He'll get another shot somewhere, and he'll entertain wherever he goes. Whether he will ultimately be successful depends a lot on which job he takes.
11-23-2015 11:43 AM
memphomike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mempho
HIRE AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!!!
11-23-2015 11:49 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

Well Kiffen had USC and his wife fit in well to the climate down there.

But how could he have matured since then if he really hasn't had to make any big decisions. It's those big ones that take more than thinking. He might be able to think, but that's not enough. He's gotta have the feel for it too.

Fuente has the feel for it. Pastner doesn't. Kiffen doesn't. Odom does. Damon does. Thinking will only get you so far.

You can see/feel it in the ones that have both the thinking and the feel--just naturally. I mean there's always room for improvement and maturation, but a coach who only thinks is really working against himself--you get a lot of blowouts when you take that path, which makes me wonder what happened to Fuente's path. LOL.

But now I digress.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 11:56 AM by snowtiger.)
11-23-2015 11:51 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

Somehow I don't think the Mizzou AD meant that Fuente had taken another job. They're not likely to spill the beans like that.
11-23-2015 11:51 AM
Advertisement

reddyray Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers/Grizz
11-23-2015 11:53 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
To me the timing of the "leak" to the media on Friday about the Fuente contract offer is telling....administration/boosters know he's gone and the message was to prospective coaching candidates and their agents (and the search firms) that the school is committed to football.
11-23-2015 11:53 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2015 11:51 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  Somehow I don't think the Mizzou AD meant that Fuente had taken another job. They're not likely to spill the beans like that.

Why not? It was a fairly private conversation.
11-23-2015 11:54 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(11-23-2015 11:43 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  Kiffen is a wunderkind of sorts when it comes to offensive play-calling and recruiting. He's proved to be a disappointment of an HC in his early career. Perhaps he has matured, perhaps not. He'll get another shot somewhere, and he'll entertain wherever he goes. Whether he will ultimately be successful depends a lot on which job he takes.

Is he really? Alabama is still an old school great defense and run the ball team. True that don't have a great quarterback but I still don't see much innovative in his play calling. As far as the recruiting goes he recruited well at USC and Alabama but who doesn't.
11-23-2015 11:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.