Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

This type of stuff just happens
Bookmark and Share
Tiger5 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
This type of stuff just happens
Look at LSU after they got beat by Bama. Now lost 3 in a row.

Look at how Miss. State finished last year after they lost to Bama. This was a team that spent many weeks at #1.

The team was just emotionally flat yesterday after 2 heart braking losses. Losing the 1st game of the season hurt and losing to Houston hurt more. Anyone who's played sports knows this.

Same record as last year at this point but we were on a 7 game win streak.
11-22-2015 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TylerTiger Offline
The Fountainhead

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: This type of stuff just happens
Did you know in the last three games we have been outscored in the 4th Quarter 52-7?

Navy 14
Memphis 0

Houston 21
Memphis 7 (and this was a few seconds into the 4th)

Temple 17
Memphis 0
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015 02:52 PM by TylerTiger.)
11-22-2015 10:35 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-22-2015 10:26 AM)Tiger5 Wrote:  The team was just emotionally flat yesterday after 2 heart braking losses. Losing the 1st game of the season hurt and losing to Houston hurt more.....

I agree. Adding to the "flatness" was the fact that a lot of our boys are playing hurt and the fact that Temple is a good football team. Notre Dame was lucky to beat them.
11-22-2015 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
If I may offer a comparison - remember a few years ago when Bama got beat by Florida in the SEC championship game? They then got awarded the chance to play Utah in the Sugar Bowl, and got the crap kicked out of them. Those kids did not want to be there and it showed. Their goal for the season was crushed and it was obvious there was no inspiration in them at that point.

The same thing with our Tigers - once their dream of the conference championship game and a possibility of a New Years Day bowl went away after the loss to Houston, their dream was gone. They had played well enough to win (and almost did) but the mojo was all gone. I think that's what we saw yesterday against a tough team at home that is still in a fight for their division and the championship.

Personally, I'm glad the team has lofty goals like that. And I am damn proud of the succeses we've had this year. After being a fan for 40 years or so it's a refreshing change to go from "let's don't screw this up..." to "let's win this one!" This is a new experience for me as a Tiger fan, and I like it!

And, to tag onto GA's point - are we at full strength scholarship-wise yet? The guys may be worn out, but are there quality backups on the bench to fill in with yet?

Go Tigers Go!
11-22-2015 12:52 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

At the end of the day this is college football. Unless you're 2001 Miami or one of those 1990s Nebraska teams, you have no real expectation to go undefeated ever.

Because stuff happens. Weird stuff. It's still just a bunch of dumb kids out there liable to do incredibly dumb things at any given moment.
11-22-2015 02:04 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(11-22-2015 10:35 AM)TylerTiger Wrote:  UDid you know in the last three games we have been outscored in the 4th Quarter 52-7?

Navy 14
Memphis 0

Houston 21
Memphis 7 (and this was a few seconds into the 4th)

Temple 17
Memphis 0

yup. Since I don't understand the nuances, those are the things that stick out most.
11-22-2015 02:21 PM
madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

Tigers have not scored a touchdown in 74:51 of game action.
11-22-2015 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Houston should never have happened. Adults in charge but still.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015 02:37 PM by 80sTiger.)
11-22-2015 02:34 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(11-22-2015 02:28 PM)madtiger Wrote:  Tigers have not scored a touchdown in 74:51 of game action.

ouch
11-22-2015 02:38 PM
Tiger5 Offline
Special Teams

(11-22-2015 12:52 PM)former guest Wrote:  If I may offer a comparison - remember a few years ago when Bama got beat by Florida in the SEC championship game? They then got awarded the chance to play Utah in the Sugar Bowl, and got the crap kicked out of them. Those kids did not want to be there and it showed. Their goal for the season was crushed and it was obvious there was no inspiration in them at that point.

The same thing with our Tigers - once their dream of the conference championship game and a possibility of a New Years Day bowl went away after the loss to Houston, their dream was gone. They had played well enough to win (and almost did) but the mojo was all gone. I think that's what we saw yesterday against a tough team at home that is still in a fight for their division and the championship.

Personally, I'm glad the team has lofty goals like that. And I am damn proud of the succeses we've had this year. After being a fan for 40 years or so it's a refreshing change to go from "let's don't screw this up..." to "let's win this one!" This is a new experience for me as a Tiger fan, and I like it!

And, to tag onto GA's point - are we at full strength scholarship-wise yet? The guys may be worn out, but are there quality backups on the bench to fill in with yet?

Go Tigers Go!

Great points. It's still been a great season
11-22-2015 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.