Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Houston Cooged it against Uconn
Bookmark and Share
Cscollis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech
Houston Cooged it against Uconn
I am not sure where the game was played but damn. 10-0 going to be playing for the access bowl and bam, lose to Uconn. Temple whopped Mempiss so it looks like the CUSA will at least be in the discussion about the access bowl. My gut says it will be Temple or Navy but at least now CUSA will get talked about in a positive light.
11-22-2015 06:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blueraidermike Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
RE: Houston Cooged it against Uconn
I watched a lot of this game but it was difficult. They looked terrible. I goes to show you there really isn't much difference between UH and the rest of us - all can be beat.
11-22-2015 08:14 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-22-2015 06:30 AM)Cscollis Wrote:  I am not sure where the game was played but damn. 10-0 going to be playing for the access bowl and bam, lose to Uconn. Temple whopped Mempiss so it looks like the CUSA will at least be in the discussion about the access bowl. My gut says it will be Temple or Navy but at least now CUSA will get talked about in a positive light.

Why would CUSA be in the discussion? Now whichever team emerges out of Houston, Navy, Temple will get the access bowl...according to the CFP folks, Temple just knocked off the #21 team, and could be top 25 on Tuesday.
11-22-2015 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T_Won1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
It all comes down to who wins the conference and where they are ranked. Houston is still the highest rated G5 team even after losing to Uconn. If they win the AAC, they can still get the spot (is that still possible?). The MAC winner looks like the biggest competition with Toledo right behind Houston. WKU is CUSA's best hope, but they have some work to catch Houston and Toledo. It will take some upsets for CUSA to get it. MWC and Sun Belt favorites are behind WKU.
11-22-2015 09:24 AM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
After seeing Navy and UH...I think Navy beats Houston...Navy vs Temple for the AAC title and Access Bowl

If anyone should be happy about yesterday, it's Toledo...and that's it.
11-22-2015 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T_Won1 Offline
All American

Oops, forgot about Navy. They are above Houston. It's theirs for the taking, and they do seem to be the best G5 team this year. But a Toledo vs Bowling Green championship could make it interesting if Navy stumbles.
11-22-2015 09:48 AM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-22-2015 09:37 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  After seeing Navy and UH...I think Navy beats Houston...Navy vs Temple for the AAC title and Access Bowl

lol....
11-22-2015 09:54 AM
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Why do ppl keep bringing up Toledo? They lost to NIU and therefore NIU will play in the championship game as long as they win next week. So Toledo can't make the access bowl because they can't win the conference championship.

IMO it looks like Navy v Temple will be the access bowl winner, but don't count out WKU. If they beat Marshall and LT they will be ranked. Also they have perceived "good losses" vs Indiana and LSU.

The best chance for CUSA to get the access bowl is USF winning the AAC East but Temple would have to lose to UConn. Then USF would need to beat Navy. That's a lot to ask of the Bulls.
11-22-2015 09:54 AM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

(11-22-2015 09:54 AM)MU42 Wrote:  Why do ppl keep bringing up Toledo? They lost to NIU and therefore NIU will play in the championship game as long as they win next week. So Toledo can't make the access bowl because they can't win the conference championship.

IMO it looks like Navy v Temple will be the access bowl winner, but don't count out WKU. If they beat Marshall and LT they will be ranked. Also they have perceived "good losses" vs Indiana and LSU.

The best chance for CUSA to get the access bowl is USF winning the AAC East but Temple would have to lose to UConn. Then USF would need to beat Navy. That's a lot to ask of the Bulls.

Toledo isn't out until NIU wins though, right? Even with the loss to NIU they are the 3rd rated G5 team by the computers. (behind Navy and Houston). Bowling Green is about where WKU is.
11-22-2015 09:58 AM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(11-22-2015 09:54 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  
(11-22-2015 09:37 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  After seeing Navy and UH...I think Navy beats Houston...Navy vs Temple for the AAC title and Access Bowl

lol....

that must be your way to say 'I have no rebuttal, so I'll just say lol because I don't like your factual point'

07-coffee3
11-22-2015 01:44 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
If Navy wins out and I think they will, there won't be any discussion.
11-22-2015 01:49 PM
Advertisement

Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
But if USF wins out, and Temple loses...
11-22-2015 02:13 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(11-22-2015 02:13 PM)Noodles Wrote:  But if USF wins out, and Temple loses...

Then Toledo gets it if they win out. They are ranked #24 this week in AP poll.
11-22-2015 02:25 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators

I believe Temple won the East by beating Memphis...or do they have to beat UConn? I really don't follow the east
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015 02:31 PM by UofMemphis.)
11-22-2015 02:28 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(11-22-2015 02:25 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Not if NIU beats Ohio. If they do, they win the MAC west and play in the MACC. That eliminates Toledo.

Personally, I think Navy is the best G5 team right now, Temple is probably second. However, the best teams don't always win. If Temple loses to UConn, and USF plays Navy in the AACC, all bets are out the window of who gets the spot. You only have 5 possible teams that can get it at the end of the season and an 11-2 WKU would have a shot if USF comes out of the AAC.
11-22-2015 02:34 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Good god!!!! For the last time... If NIU wins, Toledo will not be in consideration for the AB. Ou have to be the league champ. Period.
11-22-2015 05:15 PM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
(11-22-2015 09:24 AM)T_Won1 Wrote:  It all comes down to who wins the conference and where they are ranked. Houston is still the highest rated G5 team even after losing to Uconn. If they win the AAC, they can still get the spot (is that still possible?). The MAC winner looks like the biggest competition with Toledo right behind Houston. WKU is CUSA's best hope, but they have some work to catch Houston and Toledo. It will take some upsets for CUSA to get it. MWC and Sun Belt favorites are behind WKU.

Navy is clearly in the drivers seat
11-22-2015 06:11 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
(11-22-2015 02:25 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

AP is meaningless in the access bowl race.
11-22-2015 06:13 PM
Farmer Jack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Univ of Houston
(11-22-2015 06:30 AM)Cscollis Wrote:  I am not sure where the game was played but damn. 10-0 going to be playing for the access bowl and bam, lose to Uconn. Temple whopped Mempiss so it looks like the CUSA will at least be in the discussion about the access bowl. My gut says it will be Temple or Navy but at least now CUSA will get talked about in a positive light.

Regardless of the game, UH vs Navy is for the AAC West. If we win out, we get the access bowl. If you knew how to read, you would have known that. No wonder La Tech has such low academic rankings and no research dollars.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 04:04 PM by Farmer Jack.)
11-23-2015 04:03 PM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Wonder what that Houston loss to UConn will end up costing the Cougars and the AAC?
11-23-2015 05:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.