Open TigerLinks

Rothstein Tweet After Tigers game.
Bookmark and Share
AtlTigerfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
Rothstein Tweet After Tigers game.
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 2h2 hours ago
Memphis fans do not believe in moral victories, but they should be encouraged by what they saw today. Tigers have a real chance in the AAC.
11-17-2015 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ItsDude Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Rothstein Tweet After Tigers game.
The negativity has been so over the top since last season, it's unreal. It just seemed to grow and grow. This is a pretty talented team that has a chance to be pretty good. I actually thought they should have won that game tonight and I'm kind of disappointed....even so, it's good to see a lot of the Tiger fan base seemingly a little bit encouraged again.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 09:38 PM by ItsDude.)
11-17-2015 09:37 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-17-2015 09:37 PM)ItsDude Wrote:  The negativity has been so over the top since last season, it's unreal. It just seemed to grow and grow. This is a pretty talented team that has a chance to be pretty good. I actually thought they should have won that game tonight and I'm kind of disappointed....even so, it's good to see a lot of the Tiger fan base seemingly a little bit encouraged again.

I agree. It's getting old and petty with the over the top bashing at every turn. There's nothing wrong with being encouraged with the potential this team can be as the season progress. You don't have to like the coach to say that
11-17-2015 09:44 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(11-17-2015 09:44 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(11-17-2015 09:37 PM)ItsDude Wrote:  The negativity has been so over the top since last season, it's unreal. It just seemed to grow and grow. This is a pretty talented team that has a chance to be pretty good. I actually thought they should have won that game tonight and I'm kind of disappointed....even so, it's good to see a lot of the Tiger fan base seemingly a little bit encouraged again.

I agree. It's getting old and petty with the over the top bashing at every turn. There's nothing wrong with being encouraged with the potential this team can be as the season progress. You don't have to like the coach to say that

It's just a knee jerk reaction at this point. I barely even notice it anymore. Brain pathways are entrenched. 20 years from now some will hear the name Pastner and the old fart rap will just come rolling out.
11-17-2015 11:03 PM
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
That was one of the most enduring Tigers basketball games in a long time. The crowd that was there was awesome. This team played with a cup on its shoulder and it was awesome to see.

I told myself this was the only game I wanted to go see this year. They won me over today. I will definitely be going to watch them some more
11-17-2015 11:30 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(11-17-2015 11:30 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  That was one of the most enduring Tigers basketball games in a long time. The crowd that was there was awesome. This team played with a cup on its shoulder and it was awesome to see.

I told myself this was the only game I wanted to go see this year. They won me over today. I will definitely be going to watch them some more

Their cups almost ranneth over!
11-17-2015 11:34 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

And I'm ready to anoint detricks head with oil as the Next Big Thing.
11-18-2015 05:16 AM
Advertisement

princessbuttercup1963 Offline
All American

SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH! Many are going to miss out on the team this year with their protests against coach! #GTG!
11-18-2015 07:13 AM
bigbob Offline
2nd String

(11-17-2015 11:30 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  That was one of the most enduring Tigers basketball games in a long time. The crowd that was there was awesome. This team played with a cup on its shoulder and it was awesome to see.

Welcome back

You will be in the 99%

The pointless and hateful vendetta of the very few has been exposed for the fraud it is
11-18-2015 07:17 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2015 07:17 AM)bigbob Wrote:  

Welcome back

You will be in the 99%

The pointless and hateful vendetta of the very few has been exposed for the fraud it is

I am encouraged and far more excited by seeing how the team played last night. However, it was still a loss, let's not go too overboard either way...
11-18-2015 09:27 AM
Advertisement

Chi-TownTiger Offline
Got Stripes?

Donators
(11-18-2015 07:17 AM)bigbob Wrote:  

Welcome back

You will be in the 99%

Congratulations Bob on the Tigers historic 6 point loss at home last night. You're really going to be excited for us when we win.

On a side note we have some talent and Josh seemed to be in a better state of mind last night. He didn't make any knee-jerk substitutions. Had a pretty good sense of how to attack them with virtually a whole new team playing together for just two games now. That's encouraging.
11-18-2015 11:03 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I think this reflects the attitude of a lot of Tiger fans. The players played like a 'team.' We certainly have talent -- no reason we can't be one of the team competing for the AAC title.
11-18-2015 11:15 AM
TigerTitan Offline
Ginourmous Fan

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

DonatorsDonators

Do you mean "endearing" and "chip", maybe?
11-18-2015 11:23 AM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

Well, last night reminded me of a Tiger FB game. Before Fuente got here, I used to watch till the horrible bitter end--- if we happened to be on Tee Vee.

But then the First Fuente coached game had me hopping up and down--we gotta team we gotta team we gotta team. I think we lost though.

Last night's game was like that. The internal dynamics* of this year's team are stronger than I've seen in forever and ever. Plus the team is athletic and they be running. wow.

(Internal dynamics is just the proper 'scientific' term for team chem.) lol
11-18-2015 11:25 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-18-2015 11:03 AM)Chi-TownTiger Wrote:  On a side note we have some talent and Josh seemed to be in a better state of mind last night. He didn't make any knee-jerk substitutions. Had a pretty good sense of how to attack them with virtually a whole new team playing together for just two games now. That's encouraging.

(1) Pastner recruited that talent.

(2) We have an investment in him - he has learned to be a head coach on our money.

(3) Though winning is of utmost importance, Pastner's record for team academic performance, staying out of NCAA trouble and discipline is should also be remembered.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2015 11:27 AM by Gray Avenger.)
11-18-2015 11:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-18-2015 11:26 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(11-18-2015 11:03 AM)Chi-TownTiger Wrote:  On a side note we have some talent and Josh seemed to be in a better state of mind last night. He didn't make any knee-jerk substitutions. Had a pretty good sense of how to attack them with virtually a whole new team playing together for just two games now. That's encouraging.

(1) Pastner recruited that talent.

(2) We have an investment in him - he has learned to be a head coach on our money.

(3) Though winning is of utmost importance, Pastner's record for team academic performance, staying out of NCAA trouble and discipline is should also be remembered.

(4) Pastner also seems to be a deep down good person (Although the board rednecks probably see that as a sign of weakness and an opening for exploitation.)
11-18-2015 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.