Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Southern Miss Football Thread, #10 of 17.
Bookmark and Share
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
Southern Miss Football Thread, #10 of 17.
I would hate for a college sports forum to have discussions of college sports.

Quote:Southern Miss receives commitment from junior college receiver
The Southern Miss football program received a verbal commitment from a junior college receiver on Monday.

Highland (Kan.) Community College receiver Troy Grant (@TroyGrant9) announced on Twitter that he has given his verbal pledge to the Golden Eagles.

Grant is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com and also holds scholarship offers from Arkansas State, Ohio and Idaho.

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound Grant caught 40 passes for 504 yards and five touchdowns this season to lead Highland in all three categories.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/...rylink=cpy
11-16-2015 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Southern Miss Football Thread, #10 of 17.
I'm certain he's been watching monken/lindsey develop an offense and knows he's walking into a situation where the current qb will break favre's career ydg record this saturday, AD's passing td/season, and most likely AD's yardage record next year....

I'm also certain he doesn't give two shites about this board or the amount of southern miss threads....I don't think he was looking at wku

this is really the time we pounce on both the jucos and the hs kids....
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 10:37 PM by stinkfist.)
11-16-2015 10:35 PM
SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

Sounds like a good grab for the team. SMTTT
11-17-2015 11:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(11-16-2015 10:31 PM)EagleX Wrote:  I would hate for a college sports forum to have discussions of college sports.

The Southern Miss football program received a verbal commitment from a junior college receiver on Monday.

Highland (Kan.) Community College receiver Troy Grant (@TroyGrant9) announced on Twitter that he has given his verbal pledge to the Golden Eagles.

Grant is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com and also holds scholarship offers from Arkansas State, Ohio and Idaho.

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound Grant caught 40 passes for 504 yards and five touchdowns this season to lead Highland in all three categories.

I'm not complaining about you guys posting here but why not use the csnbbs southern miss board as your main team message board?
11-17-2015 11:29 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(11-17-2015 11:29 AM)bladhmadh Wrote:  
(11-16-2015 10:31 PM)EagleX Wrote:  I would hate for a college sports forum to have discussions of college sports.

I'm not complaining about you guys posting here but why not use the csnbbs southern miss board as your main team message board?

have you ever looked at the post count over there?

I agree with you....it is the better option.....maybe a poll would be worthy....

having said this, I'm fairly certain the same could be said about other posters from other schools....

so in the end, what would that leave us on this board?

another isolated board that nobody wants to visit?....something similar to the smack board?

IMO, one doesn't have to click or respond......it's that simple....
11-17-2015 12:02 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
Southern Miss. football threads can be summarized thusly:

We are good again so this conference and everyone in it sucks.....why on god's green earth are we still here.
11-17-2015 12:30 PM
stinkfist Offline

(11-17-2015 12:30 PM)FIUFan Wrote:  Southern Miss. football threads can be summarized thusly:

We are good again so this conference and everyone in it sucks.....why on god's green earth are we still here.

you should go visit our local boards.....they really suck balls....

one thing some of us did was admit how much our suckness was hanging while it was.....

one can only imagine what an fiu thread would look like if you guys were winning the east....
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 12:37 PM by stinkfist.)
11-17-2015 12:37 PM
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
(11-17-2015 12:37 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(11-17-2015 12:30 PM)FIUFan Wrote:  Southern Miss. football threads can be summarized thusly:

one thing some of us did was admit how much our suckness was hanging while it was.....

one can only imagine what an fiu thread would look like if you guys were winning the east....

Eaglepost is a lot better since the overhaul IMO.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 04:01 PM by TTT.)
11-17-2015 04:01 PM
stinkfist Offline

(11-17-2015 04:01 PM)TTT Wrote:  

Eaglepost is a lot better since the overhaul IMO.

I'll be honest and say I haven't looked since it came back online.....

was just too much bs over there for me....personally, I see more value on this site....

there are some decent posters (like anywhere else).....however, it got tiring to sift through the majority of that crap....
11-17-2015 04:15 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU

03-cloud9
11-17-2015 06:05 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(11-17-2015 06:05 PM)FIUFan Wrote:  

03-cloud9

XACLY! the way it should be.... 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2015 06:24 PM by stinkfist.)
11-17-2015 06:23 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(11-17-2015 06:23 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

03-cloud9

Post as much as you want to about CUSA sports and teams. It has only been since the new guys came in that anyone has ever complained about sports content related to CUSA and it's member schools being posted on this board. This is historically the busiest board on this site for that reason. I don't know what it was like where they came from, but if I want to read about USM or any other school I'd rather do it here than go to their home sites. If I don't want to read it I just don't click on it.

I'm sorry they are butthurt because they have nothing going on or no fan dedicated enough to post what's going on at their institutions.
11-17-2015 07:17 PM
stinkfist Offline

(11-17-2015 07:17 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(11-17-2015 06:23 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

03-cloud9

Post as much as you want to about CUSA sports and teams. It has only been since the new guys came in that anyone has ever complained about sports content related to CUSA and it's member schools being posted on this board. This is historically the busiest board on this site for that reason. I don't know what it was like where they came from, but if I want to read about USM or any other school I'd rather do it here than go to their home sites. If I don't want to read it I just don't click on it.

I'm sorry they are butthurt because they have nothing going on or no fan dedicated enough to post what's going on at their institutions.

another XACLY! it's just strange how some view things....however, that adds to the subtleties and understanding the culture of our new mates....

can't remember which thread or by whom, but was told one of our local boards had "improved" now that it's "up"

so dummy me took the bait (I can't resist glancing at Oui! mags behind the coutner 03-wink)......then immediately spit it back out.....

all I know is the posters here (as a whole) offer much more value than any local board ever will if one is looking to understand their 'friends among foes' 03-wink

are we going to have growing pains like starting a freshman at qb.....that's pretty much a given (unless you get favre/davis/mullens/stock jr/etc).......we've been amazingly lu cky over the years.....I won't back down from stating how much fun it's been to watch all of that evolve....so many memories.....and they all started 41 yrs ago when we moved here....wouldn't trade them for anything (my developing dementia might disagree 03-wink)

I've always been in the camp of make the best with what you have available and promote change when req'd.....if you want something different like unicorns? go try to find it....then get back to me... (rhetorical and for emphasis....not aimed at you)

03-thumbsup to understanding value....
11-17-2015 07:39 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(11-17-2015 11:29 AM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

before realignment, the thinking in this forum was that any news affecting any conference team was therefore conference news, and therefore worthy of discussion in this forum.

the teams that chose to restrict most of their team news within their team forum usually did it because their team forum was absorbed by the old ncaabbs, or because they simply chose to.

just.saying.
11-21-2015 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.