Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Give me a break
Bookmark and Share
paramedicrntiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
Give me a break
I find it hard to sit and read the opinions of those who can find the worst of everything. Yes we lost. Houston came back on a young and challenged defense. It has nothing to do with the fact that Coach Porter was not here to recruit anymore. Would you rather return to days of getting kicked every week so that we can have his recruits back? Has it ever occurred to you that if he was still the coach last year that we would not have won 3 games much less ten? Get off Elliott's case too please. Tell me another kicker in this conference you would rather have at clutch time? That kid will kick on Sundays for a living and that's a fact. This is a special time for our football team. The boys will win the next two and play in a good bowl game. Enjoy it!

Now for the basketball team. Hardly a word on here that the team is off to a good start. I know it was not UCONN or L'ville but it is a win and off in the right direction. I guess you are just mad because the Tigers did not win by 80 or that Josh did not cuss the refs and receive a technical. The poor guy could not win with some of you if he delivered the final four this year. This team will surprise this year. Austin will be missed in some ways, but they will no longer have to script every possession through him. The team was way too predictable last year. Shaq is going to have a good year and the Lawson's look to be special. Again please try to enjoy it. Stop trashing this team or find a new one.
11-15-2015 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Give me a break
All the idiots have come out to bang their chests after this loss. it's frustrating that we lost but it's still been a heck of a year and beats the hell out of where we were.
11-15-2015 01:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Amen
11-15-2015 02:35 PM
Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Some people will never be pleased, no matter how good things are. The casket will be closing and they will ***** it didn't close properly to suit them. 03-lmfao
11-15-2015 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EvilLore Offline
Caligula of the Toy Department

I Root For: Tiger blood
Completely understand the sentiment, but I'm amazed that people are upset by the relatively tame comments of our frustrated and disappointed fanbase over the last 24 hours.

If you want to see real venom after a loss, visit the Louisville, Ole Miss, Alabama, UCLA boards where fans not only call for all the coaches to be fired immediately but also routinely curse out players, and even make personal threats.

MT.org is all puppies and sunshine on our worst day, compared to most other fanbases after a disappointing loss. Perspective, folks.
11-15-2015 02:58 PM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(11-15-2015 02:58 PM)EvilLore Wrote:  Completely understand the sentiment, but I'm amazed that people are upset by the relatively tame comments of our frustrated and disappointed fanbase over the last 24 hours.

If you want to see real venom after a loss, visit the Louisville, Ole Miss, Alabama, UCLA boards where fans not only call for all the coaches to be fired immediately but also routinely curse out players, and even make personal threats.

MT.org is all puppies and sunshine on our worst day, compared to most other fanbases after a disappointing loss. Perspective, folks.

Agreed. Let's give the "righteous indignation" a rest, folks. We are allowed to spout off at a last (16) second loss to someone we have lost 5 straight to.

As far as the OP's basketball rant, I haven't said one positive word about the basketball team BECAUSE IT'S STILL FOOTBALL SEASON.

03-banghead
11-15-2015 03:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(11-15-2015 02:58 PM)EvilLore Wrote:  Completely understand the sentiment, but I'm amazed that people are upset by the relatively tame comments of our frustrated and disappointed fanbase over the last 24 hours.

Spot on. The thread police don't seem to get that, though
11-15-2015 03:11 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
Cool it ! ! ! 04-cheers
11-15-2015 03:20 PM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
It is possible to be a fan and also be frustrated about a game we had no business losing.
11-15-2015 03:30 PM
Advertisement

BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

It appears longtime sports fans are now asked to join the “Golden Award Just For Showing Up” generation we see all over the media. That’s fine if this is what you believe competition is all about. Win lose or draw ALL still get their ice-cream-cake and eat it too. IMHO this is not a formula to instill winning in anything in life.

One thing Josh said that’s spot on is Winning is Hard.

Nuff said
11-15-2015 03:32 PM
Bluebeard Offline
Not John Martin

I Root For: Tigers
(11-15-2015 01:17 PM)paramedicrntiger Wrote:  I find it hard to sit and read the opinions of those who can find the worst of everything. Yes we lost. Houston came back on a young and challenged defense. It has nothing to do with the fact that Coach Porter was not here to recruit anymore. Would you rather return to days of getting kicked every week so that we can have his recruits back? Has it ever occurred to you that if he was still the coach last year that we would not have won 3 games much less ten? Get off Elliott's case too please. Tell me another kicker in this conference you would rather have at clutch time? That kid will kick on Sundays for a living and that's a fact. This is a special time for our football team. The boys will win the next two and play in a good bowl game. Enjoy it!

Now for the basketball team. Hardly a word on here that the team is off to a good start. I know it was not UCONN or L'ville but it is a win and off in the right direction. I guess you are just mad because the Tigers did not win by 80 or that Josh did not cuss the refs and receive a technical. The poor guy could not win with some of you if he delivered the final four this year. This team will surprise this year. Austin will be missed in some ways, but they will no longer have to script every possession through him. The team was way too predictable last year. Shaq is going to have a good year and the Lawson's look to be special. Again please try to enjoy it. Stop trashing this team or find a new one.

We don't need you to lecture us on how to be a fan.

It's a message board and there are differing opinions and yes, after losses, there are *GASP* some negative things posted. If that bothers you so much, maybe you aren't cut out for message boards.

How about instead of giving lectures to the fanbase we talk about the games/teams?
11-15-2015 03:39 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-15-2015 03:39 PM)Bluebeard Wrote:  
(11-15-2015 01:17 PM)paramedicrntiger Wrote:  I find it hard to sit and read the opinions of those who can find the worst of everything. Yes we lost. Houston came back on a young and challenged defense. It has nothing to do with the fact that Coach Porter was not here to recruit anymore. Would you rather return to days of getting kicked every week so that we can have his recruits back? Has it ever occurred to you that if he was still the coach last year that we would not have won 3 games much less ten? Get off Elliott's case too please. Tell me another kicker in this conference you would rather have at clutch time? That kid will kick on Sundays for a living and that's a fact. This is a special time for our football team. The boys will win the next two and play in a good bowl game. Enjoy it!

We don't need you to lecture us on how to be a fan.

It's a message board and there are differing opinions and yes, after losses, there are *GASP* some negative things posted. If that bothers you so much, maybe you aren't cut out for message boards.

How about instead of giving lectures to the fanbase we talk about the games/teams?

Yes, please let it continue. 04-clap2
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 03:43 PM by Tiger1983.)
11-15-2015 03:42 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Come on, now. Perspective?

Guys saying they hope Fuente leaves. Guys saying Elliott should take a hike. Guys saying Paxton should be benched. Guys saying Fuente should grow a pair.

Then, guys saying give it a rest. Guys saying it was a tough loss, but consider where we were and where we are. Guys saying we were a 2-win team just a little while ago.

Who has perspective?
11-16-2015 08:26 PM
Advertisement

tiger-viper Offline
All American

(11-15-2015 02:57 PM)Strat57 Wrote:  Some people will never be pleased, no matter how good things are. The casket will be closing and they will ***** it didn't close properly to suit them. 03-lmfao

guilty!
11-16-2015 08:33 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness

There are certainly worse out there...and all considered, the football reaction was not horrible. But, the basketball reaction has been beyond what is seen on other boards. Not an iota of basketball discussion can be had without being attacked, in mass. And if you deign to make a positive comment, that will be met harshly every time.

Not just sunshine and puppy dogs here...simply disagree.

The message board in itself is just an extra...a forum to discuss Memphis athletics. The real issue is the toxicity live. Derisiveness lives outside the forum too.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 09:37 PM by Mimi.)
11-16-2015 09:36 PM
TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

02-13-banana GREAT POST !!!!!!!!!!
11-17-2015 06:39 AM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

(11-17-2015 06:39 AM)TIGERBUDDY Wrote:  

02-13-banana GREAT POST !!!!!!!!!!

x 10!!!

I just enjoy the opportunity to watch/listen to our Tigers compete for victories in any sport; it's extra icing on the cake of life when they win. 04-cheers
11-17-2015 08:31 AM
Advertisement

truest blue tiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: memphis tigers
My thoughts exactly!!!! It's ok for fans to question coaches or players, but it's the nastiness of some posters that just get under your skin, especially when it pertains to basketball.
11-17-2015 09:06 AM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

There's plenty of room in between "puppies and sunshine" and acting like a complete ass. Seeing the bigger picture after a loss doesn't mean you don't care. Did we choke away a win? Of course. Did it hurt? Naturally. But since when does losing your **** online make you a better fan? I don't expect most people to rally behind posters destroying the coaches, players and fans after a loss.
11-17-2015 05:05 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(11-17-2015 05:05 PM)Rob Wrote:  

There's plenty of room in between "puppies and sunshine" and acting like a complete ass. Seeing the bigger picture after a loss doesn't mean you don't care. Did we choke away a win? Of course. Did it hurt? Naturally. But since when does losing your **** online make you a better fan? I don't expect most people to rally behind posters destroying the coaches, players and fans after a loss.

Excellent.
11-17-2015 09:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.