Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowling Green or Toledo to Fiesta Bowl?
Bookmark and Share
yesh222 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ohio State
I wrote an article on the current situation in the Group of 5 conferences and the auto-bid to the NY6. Let me know what you think please.

http://bloguin.com/thestudentsection/foo...-game.html

Thanks!
11-15-2015 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
RE: Bowling Green or Toledo to Fiesta Bowl?
But... how? When NIU is gonna win the MAC

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
11-15-2015 02:05 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
No.
11-15-2015 02:14 PM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
No.
11-15-2015 03:01 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Could they? Yes. Is it likely? No.
11-15-2015 03:14 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
Good article on the chances for the AAC, MAC and CUSA for the NY6 spot.

Houston is undefeated but squeaked by the last two weeks against UC and Memphis the caliber of opponent they would have to play in an AAC championship game.

Navy is playing out of its mind right now. Since when did they put up 45-55 points? If that continues they'll have the NY6 bowl.

The MAC has a lot of variables to play out. If Toledo beat BG, BG would be out. If Toledo then was fortunate to win the West they would have to play rematch against BG and its tough to beat the same team twice in the same season.

CUSA the championship race is clearer; the winner of the Marshall/WKU game will host the CUSA championship. However they would need South Florida to win the AAC and NIU to win the MAC for it to play out to their favor.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 04:22 PM by Kittonhead.)
11-15-2015 04:20 PM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
The placement for the top G5 team is hard to say.

Navy sounds logical for the Peach and I feel Houston does too because its located in the Deep South. Peach has never hosted a G5/non-BCS before so a good chance to try it out with an AAC team.

Fiesta and the MAC works because you can go opposite the B1G in that bowl game. B1G has a ton of alums in Arizona. Toledo-Iowa in the Fiesta Bowl sounds doable.
11-15-2015 04:29 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Is it likely Toledo will win 3 in a row... nope. Plus UT needs some help (WMU may be favored over NIU). Even BG going 11-2 would be impressive as the MAC Champ seeing how many points they have scored, and how their D has improved from week 4 on.

11-1 Toledo can get in over any 2 loss AAC Champ.... Temple defeating undefeated Houston would give them a HUGE win though... What's a better loss USF or NIU???
BG would probably need 3 loss Temple or 4 loss USF to win it and get in.

Boise? They're done now. WKU will need WMU or NIU to win the MAC and for 3 loss Temple or 4 loss USF to win the AAC. I would say that scenario is VERY unlikely.

Houston at 1 loss will likely be done because it would come to Navy sending them to the title game. We need Navy to win the one side....and for the Eastern division champ to figure out the tripple option.
Don't call us out yet.

They think Toledo has played a poo schedule over there, overlooking who Houston has played! OOC Vandy and ISU are equal. Louisville, Memphis, UC and Navy will be good wins/games. So is BGx2, Arkansas, Arkansas State, WMU, and NIU.

I bet our SOS will be higher than Houston's when its all said and done.

My angle is to get AAC fans to realize that "as of right now" if it was up to an 11-1 Toledo vs. 2/3 loss Temple.... we would go. They still think we'd finish 9th behind Uconn01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 04:35 PM by UofToledoFans.)
11-15-2015 04:33 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-15-2015 01:17 PM)yesh222 Wrote:  I wrote an article on the current situation in the Group of 5 conferences and the auto-bid to the NY6. Let me know what you think please.

Thanks!

I think that your assessment is right on target and you pretty much nailed it. However you should also consider that with South Florida's win over Temple, they are still in contention for the AAC East. Although is it unlikely that they will win it all, if they did manage to do so it would greatly reduce the AAC's chance for an Access Bowl invitation.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 07:14 PM by T-Town.)
11-15-2015 05:27 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

One of these resume's are Toledo.... one is Houston's. Per massey ratings which people seem to like more than Sagarin. In no order the rankings of the opponents are...

270, 41, 172, 27, 57, 94, 152, 179, 68, 120. With 15 and 88 left.
48, 70, 142, 221, 69, 65, 18, 121, 128. With 33 and 64 left.
11-15-2015 06:04 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Is UT @ BG the MAC game of the decade?

After Boise's loss and the two losses in the AAC...

As they say now "every game COUNTS" for teams like UT, BG, HOU, Navy, etc.

One MAC team is going to get eliminated Tuesday...
11-15-2015 06:12 PM
Advertisement

BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

(11-15-2015 06:12 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Is UT @ BG the MAC game of the decade?

Not even close.

NIU - Kent in the 2012 MACC will go down as the game of the decade unless another game has obvious BCS bowl implications.
11-15-2015 06:19 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2015 06:19 PM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  
(11-15-2015 06:12 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Is UT @ BG the MAC game of the decade?

Not even close.

NIU - Kent in the 2012 MACC will go down as the game of the decade unless another game has obvious BCS bowl implications.

The AACCG is on the 5th so we will not know what we need to do prior to the MACC.... I guess not being as hyped at NIU vs. Kent.

But if Temple does have three losses headed into the AACCG or USF is in that game, there will be great anticipation.

It could be top25 10-2 BG vs. 9-2 Toledo in a rematch with the best MACCG crowd ever! You don't see rivalry game's happen twice in a season!
11-15-2015 06:29 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Probably should have said regular season game of the decade...

Yes, NIU/Kent was a championship game which decided if NIU was going to the Orange Bowl.
11-15-2015 06:58 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Actually, it decided which of the two teams was going to the Orange Bowl. KSU actually had the better chance with a win, but events worked out for NIU, too.
11-15-2015 07:07 PM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

(11-15-2015 07:07 PM)axeme Wrote:  Actually, it decided which of the two teams was going to the Orange Bowl. KSU actually had the better chance with a win, but events worked out for NIU, too.

After the game was over with, there was doubt amongst a lot of NIU fans that even with the win they wouldn't get high enough to make the Orange Bowl.

I'll always maintain the thing that pushed NIU over the edge was 7-5 Wisconsin hanging 70 on Nebraska in the Big Ten title game the next day.
11-15-2015 09:52 PM
Advertisement

yesh222 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-15-2015 05:27 PM)T-Town Wrote:  
(11-15-2015 01:17 PM)yesh222 Wrote:  I wrote an article on the current situation in the Group of 5 conferences and the auto-bid to the NY6. Let me know what you think please.

Thanks!

I think that your assessment is right on target and you pretty much nailed it. However you should also consider that with South Florida's win over Temple, they are still in contention for the AAC East. Although is it unlikely that they will win it all, if they did manage to do so it would greatly reduce the AAC's chance for an Access Bowl invitation.

I thought of mentioning that explicitly when discussing "chaos" situations but I didn't want to get too detailed to avoid potential confusion. I did mention that USF could still win the division, though.
11-15-2015 10:12 PM
yesh222 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-15-2015 06:04 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  One of these resume's are Toledo.... one is Houston's. Per massey ratings which people seem to like more than Sagarin. In no order the rankings of the opponents are...

Toledo is the bottom won. And that ugly 270 that Houston starts with isn't quite fair. Toledo would have an opponent close to that low to start if the game hasn't been canceled. You're also forgetting CCGs, which probably add a slight advantage to Toledo.
11-15-2015 10:14 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2015 10:14 PM)yesh222 Wrote:  
(11-15-2015 06:04 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  One of these resume's are Toledo.... one is Houston's. Per massey ratings which people seem to like more than Sagarin. In no order the rankings of the opponents are...

Toledo is the bottom won. And that ugly 270 that Houston starts with isn't quite fair. Toledo would have an opponent close to that low to start if the game hasn't been canceled. You're also forgetting CCGs, which probably add a slight advantage to Toledo.

Correct. I'm not an imbecile so I realize Toledo has a loss to 48 NIU while Houston has none. But those schedule's are extremely close... Arkansas, Arkansas State, and Iowa State have some winnable games ahead too, to boost those numbers further upwards. They think we are a joke for only playing 5 of 9 >.500 teams when they refuse to look at who Houston has played. We're not an FCS school and the MAC has inherent worth.

With an NIU loss to WMU, the loss will look worse but the win over WMU could look a tad better.

In the hope of a Title game and a perfect playout.... Toledo could have wins over 6 >.500 teams (Arkansas, stAte, CMU, WMU, BG, BG), and a loss to 1 (NIU). With a 3 to 5 win Iowa State win on the resume also.

Houston could have Louisville, Tulsa, Cincy, Memphis, Uconn, Navy and (Temple/USF). With a 3-5 win Vandy on the resume also.

If they won all of those they are a great team and would obviously go to the Access Bowl undefeated. They really can't lose and still get to the AACCG though. They'd have to lose this week to UConn who is worse than NIU, but beat Navy the following week.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 11:02 PM by UofToledoFans.)
11-15-2015 11:01 PM
Campbell4President Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Toledo probably won't even be in its own conference's championship game, so they really shouldn't be in the discussion at this point. Even as a Rocket fan, I would rather see Houston go get beat up in that game unless the Rocket OC could show that he can come up with an offensive game plan for a big game.
11-15-2015 11:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.