Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Lets be clear!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
Lets be clear!!!!!
We have a darn good football team and we will still beat Temple....We should have beat Houston and could have beat Navy....But we are 8-2 instead of 10-0 and yes it stings some, but here is what is ahead for our Football team....We will beat Temple and SMU and go 10-2 and then we win the bowl game and that's 11-2 following up and 10-3 season....We did lose some of Defense from last year and have good young talent coming up...We are gonna make a huge effort on the contract extension for Coach General Justin Fuente to stay put...Believe that...But even if he chooses to go which will be hard for him to do, We have some good up and coming names ready to listen and will hire a good one again if we must come to that....But Make NO Mistake about it, WE are VERY committed to Football now and are a Football First school now....We need Football to continue to get better and continue winning and thats the only way we ever get into a P5.....And no matter how upset or hurt we are over the Houston lose, it still didn't change our efforts on the Big 12....Again Big 12 expansion wants to expand the foot print and they aren't going with Houston or UCf or BYU no matter what....It will be Cincy and Memphis....And OU beating Baylor helps push that up...Now we need OU or Baylor to Beat OSU....So yes it hurts, but Being a darn good football school now means pick ourselfs up, dust it off, focus on the task at hand, and lets go back to work and take care of business.....We have to all pack the LBS for the SMU game regardless because IT Helps with our BIG 12 Hopes and With Coach General Justin Fuente Decision.....Now pack the LBS for SMU....The World Is Ours Memphis....
11-15-2015 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

roachman48 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Lets be clear!!!!!
why are u so confident that uh,ucf, and byu are not going to be picked over us in big 12?
11-15-2015 09:37 AM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

Because OU/Texas and them do not want Houston and already big 12 has that market and bring in Houston does nothing to that, and they draw poorly, and Texas Will Never let them in....UCF is behind us in alot of areas and they just aren't going west and they have given up on BYU.....They want to expand the foot print and its still Memphis and Cincy and that has not changed.....The World Is Ours Memphis....
11-15-2015 09:55 AM
blue68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Titans
Clueless
11-15-2015 11:28 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
If we had 50,000 fans like tigerscane the world WOULD be ours. It's all about having ENOUGH who WANT it ENOUGH. He definitely does and I count him as a friend.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 11:38 AM by Gray Avenger.)
11-15-2015 11:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

Thank you Gray and i count you as a friend as well....Now How the heck am i clueless hmmm....When its a fact the Big money guys are putting together a package not only for Coach General Justin Fuente but the assitants as well and the money is there....Now if he did go, which i don't believe he is going too, but say he does then i know for a FACT the Big dogs are on it and have backup plan in place just in case and are VERY COMMITTED.....There is going to be a 4.5 MM upgrade at the LBS for Premium seating and the Facilities are coming....General Justin Fuente wasn't gonna fire Coach Scott not knowing his future with our Program end of story...But shall he stay there WILL be a change bank on it....As far as the Big 12 goes, the Big 12 knows we can draw a good crowd, building the Facilities, Upgrading the LBS, With huge plans in place for further upgrades....They aren't gonna take Houston no matter what nor are they taking UCF or BYU.....It still Memphis and Cincy and the only hold up is waiting on the Deregulation rule where they can have a CCG with 10 teams therefore PRO-rate the two ADDED teams lower.....But they still will expand and expand the footprint with Memphis and Cincy....Now we will beat Temple and SMU and go 10-2....That's back to back 10 win seasons with a win over Ole Miss and yes we should have beat Houston but as mentioned these things happen....Far as Recruiting goes we are doing very good on that end and you will see it again on NSD.....And for all you BB lovers we are still a FB first school and MORE MONEY WILL be going towards FB regardless because Without P5 BB will not matter....So show up and pack the LBS for SMU....The World Is Ours Memphis.....
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 12:00 PM by tigerscane.)
11-15-2015 11:59 AM
Advertisement

gpjohn Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: delta state
(11-15-2015 09:55 AM)tigerscane Wrote:  Because OU/Texas and them do not want Houston and already big 12 has that market and bring in Houston does nothing to that, and they draw poorly, and Texas Will Never let them in....UCF is behind us in alot of areas and they just aren't going west and they have given up on BYU.....They want to expand the foot print and its still Memphis and Cincy and that has not changed.....The World Is Ours Memphis....

Houston will be one of the teams that they take. Who else they take will be up in the air. But they will take Houston because they have
have done a lot to up grade there program new stadium and we can say what we want about attendance but they had 42000 yesterday and could go to a big bowl this year!!!! 04-cheers
11-15-2015 12:17 PM
BlueTigr01 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
(11-15-2015 09:31 AM)tigerscane Wrote:  We have a darn good football team and we will still beat Temple....We should have beat Houston and could have beat Navy....But we are 8-2 instead of 10-0 and yes it stings some, but here is what is ahead for our Football team....We will beat Temple and SMU and go 10-2 and then we win the bowl game and that's 11-2 following up and 10-3 season....We did lose some of Defense from last year and have good young talent coming up...We are gonna make a huge effort on the contract extension for Coach General Justin Fuente to stay put...Believe that...But even if he chooses to go which will be hard for him to do, We have some good up and coming names ready to listen and will hire a good one again if we must come to that....But Make NO Mistake about it, WE are VERY committed to Football now and are a Football First school now....We need Football to continue to get better and continue winning and thats the only way we ever get into a P5.....And no matter how upset or hurt we are over the Houston lose, it still didn't change our efforts on the Big 12....Again Big 12 expansion wants to expand the foot print and they aren't going with Houston or UCf or BYU no matter what....It will be Cincy and Memphis....And OU beating Baylor helps push that up...Now we need OU or Baylor to Beat OSU....So yes it hurts, but Being a darn good football school now means pick ourselfs up, dust it off, focus on the task at hand, and lets go back to work and take care of business.....We have to all pack the LBS for the SMU game regardless because IT Helps with our BIG 12 Hopes and With Coach General Justin Fuente Decision.....Now pack the LBS for SMU....The World Is Ours Memphis....
I agree. I hope people will come out and show their support and appreciation! It will definitely be telling how many show up
11-15-2015 01:13 PM
dfwtxtiger Offline
All American

Our seniors deserve a large crowd! Wish I could be there
11-15-2015 01:25 PM
bmcgee81 Offline
2nd String

(11-15-2015 12:17 PM)gpjohn Wrote:  
(11-15-2015 09:55 AM)tigerscane Wrote:  Because OU/Texas and them do not want Houston and already big 12 has that market and bring in Houston does nothing to that, and they draw poorly, and Texas Will Never let them in....UCF is behind us in alot of areas and they just aren't going west and they have given up on BYU.....They want to expand the foot print and its still Memphis and Cincy and that has not changed.....The World Is Ours Memphis....

Houston will be one of the teams that they take. Who else they take will be up in the air. But they will take Houston because they have
have done a lot to up grade there program new stadium and we can say what we want about attendance but they had 42000 yesterday and could go to a big bowl this year!!!! 04-cheers

Y'all finally cracked the 40,000 mark? How cute. We've averaged more than that this year. At least our coach isn't begging us to come to the games
11-15-2015 04:57 PM
Letsgotigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Lets be clear!!!!!
TC, thanks for the positive info. Whether it is true or not only time will tell. In the mean time there is only one thing we as ordinary fans can really do and that is buy tix and show up for the games to support our football program, show support for our AD and pres decision to invest more and show coach Fuente that we are a program now, not just a one time deal supporting our team. If we want coach to stay around, get your rear in the stands against smu.
11-15-2015 06:38 PM
Advertisement

tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-15-2015 04:57 PM)bmcgee81 Wrote:  

Y'all finally cracked the 40,000 mark? How cute. We've averaged more than that this year. At least our coach isn't begging us to come to the games

I will say one thing, they had a lot of students at the game. Much more than I have seen at our AAC games.
11-15-2015 06:41 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

As long as Texas and OU are in the Big 12 they will never allow Houston in....Plus they want to expand the Footprint and they already have the Houston market....Or Enough of it....Also Texas is putting a statelite Campus there as well....They aren't going west and will not deal with BYU, Just aren't going west....UCF/ Houston/ BYU are out....Even Houston knows they are in this phase and are hoping for phase 2 but again long as Texas and OU are in the Big 12 then Houston will not be....Big 12 gets rule change and they can Lower the Pro-rate when adding Memphis and Cincy....Its gonna happen....In the Meantime go pack the LBS because we will beat Temple and then once we Beat SMU we will be 10-2 and if we win the Bowl game that could be 11-2....Imagine Memphis with Back to Back 10 win seasons and all the good pres we had this year and will still get by finishing strong....This team has Talent coming back, Even if my Buddy Paxton goes pro i'm telling you Brady Davis will pick up and keep it going....Defense is young and going through some growing pains....We are having a better year in recruiting and that will show again on NSD.....Now buy your tix and pack the LBS for SMU....The World Is Ours Memphis.....
11-15-2015 06:57 PM
FranklinTNTiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
TC I'm curious on what the other plans are for Huge upgrades to the LB besides the planned $4.5M premium seating?

(11-15-2015 11:59 AM)tigerscane Wrote:  Thank you Gray and i count you as a friend as well....Now How the heck am i clueless hmmm....When its a fact the Big money guys are putting together a package not only for Coach General Justin Fuente but the assitants as well and the money is there....Now if he did go, which i don't believe he is going too, but say he does then i know for a FACT the Big dogs are on it and have backup plan in place just in case and are VERY COMMITTED.....There is going to be a 4.5 MM upgrade at the LBS for Premium seating and the Facilities are coming....General Justin Fuente wasn't gonna fire Coach Scott not knowing his future with our Program end of story...But shall he stay there WILL be a change bank on it....As far as the Big 12 goes, the Big 12 knows we can draw a good crowd, building the Facilities, Upgrading the LBS, With huge plans in place for further upgrades....They aren't gonna take Houston no matter what nor are they taking UCF or BYU.....It still Memphis and Cincy and the only hold up is waiting on the Deregulation rule where they can have a CCG with 10 teams therefore PRO-rate the two ADDED teams lower.....But they still will expand and expand the footprint with Memphis and Cincy....Now we will beat Temple and SMU and go 10-2....That's back to back 10 win seasons with a win over Ole Miss and yes we should have beat Houston but as mentioned these things happen....Far as Recruiting goes we are doing very good on that end and you will see it again on NSD.....And for all you BB lovers we are still a FB first school and MORE MONEY WILL be going towards FB regardless because Without P5 BB will not matter....So show up and pack the LBS for SMU....The World Is Ours Memphis.....
11-15-2015 07:28 PM
springcat Offline
All American

I like TC. Great energy!

But 75 .'s in the OP. Too many.
11-15-2015 07:51 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

Franklin our main objective right now is finishing strong and getting into the Big 12...We have Huge academics and Huge Plans to further those academics, as well as Facilities being built and Future plans to further Upgrade them once we are in the Big 12 and same goes for LBS.... Heard down the line maybe upgrade the press boxes or somehow add more but thats down the line.....But we are doing the things the Big 12 wants done and are looking at first and foremost....Now let's finish Strong....The World Is Ours Memphis....
11-15-2015 08:10 PM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2015 11:38 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  If we had 50,000 fans like tigerscane the world WOULD be ours. It's all about having ENOUGH who WANT it ENOUGH. He definitely does and I count him as a friend.

Absolutely agreed. I love this guy's attitude.
11-16-2015 01:14 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2015 11:28 AM)blue68 Wrote:  Clueless

Actually he is correct.
11-16-2015 05:41 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2015 08:10 PM)tigerscane Wrote:  Franklin our main objective right now is finishing strong and getting into the Big 12...We have Huge academics and Huge Plans to further those academics, as well as Facilities being built and Future plans to further Upgrade them once we are in the Big 12 and same goes for LBS.... Heard down the line maybe upgrade the press boxes or somehow add more but thats down the line.....But we are doing the things the Big 12 wants done and are looking at first and foremost....Now let's finish Strong....The World Is Ours Memphis....

City already has plans for next few rounds of upgrades, including the press box and suites plus expanded Tiger Lane but the first or near the front one likely is more premium seats. That's low hanging fruit for increasing the bottom line.
11-16-2015 05:44 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah, probably Delta State too.
11-16-2015 09:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.