Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Poor recruiting has caught up to fuente
Bookmark and Share
mewes Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
Poor recruiting has caught up to fuente
A lot of you know I was very critical of fuente's recruiting his years hear and I knew this would happen. Most of porter's defensive players are gone and fuente has not replaced them with equal or better talent. I'm sorry but this years team has two big problems. 1. Our defensive coordinator isn't up to the job. He called another bad game. On Houston's game winning drive he played a zone and let Houston pick us a part. But when we had the ball last Houston wasn't gonna let Paxton beat them and they did a good job. 2. This defense has zero talent/difference makers. I only see one and that's Avery.

The recruiting on that side of the ball has been very poor. Walk ons are fine sometimes. But you got get some high quality no doubt players. Fuente(if he stays) is gonna have to stop focusing on the walk ons and the hard working two stars and get some high quality three stars or this will keep happening.
11-15-2015 01:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

roachman48 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Poor recruiting has caught up to fuente
damn
11-15-2015 01:43 AM
bakins Offline
2nd String

delusional
11-15-2015 01:54 AM
mewes Offline
1st String

(11-15-2015 01:54 AM)bakins Wrote:  delusional

What happens when a hard working two star goes up against a hard working three star.
11-15-2015 02:02 AM
CFF1991 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UH
Well if Memphis hopes to hang with us next year they need to step up the recruiting front. We have 3* and 4* players coming in next year.
11-15-2015 02:14 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
Defense blew this game no matter how u want your steak cooked.
11-15-2015 02:14 AM
Advertisement

MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(11-15-2015 01:40 AM)mewes Wrote:  A lot of you know I was very critical of fuente's recruiting his years hear and I knew this would happen. Most of porter's defensive players are gone and fuente has not replaced them with equal or better talent. I'm sorry but this years team has two big problems. 1. Our defensive coordinator isn't up to the job. He called another bad game. On Houston's game winning drive he played a zone and let Houston pick us a part. But when we had the ball last Houston wasn't gonna let Paxton beat them and they did a good job. 2. This defense has zero talent/difference makers. I only see one and that's Avery.

The recruiting on that side of the ball has been very poor. Walk ons are fine sometimes. But you got get some high quality no doubt players. Fuente(if he stays) is gonna have to stop focusing on the walk ons and the hard working two stars and get some high quality three stars or this will keep happening.
I've brought this exact point up before. Spot on. He recruits very well on offense. But not on defense. Last years defensive studs were porter guys
11-15-2015 02:17 AM
Tiger Greg Offline
1st String

One missed FG.
11-15-2015 02:20 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-15-2015 01:40 AM)mewes Wrote:  A lot of you know I was very critical of fuente's recruiting his years hear and I knew this would happen. Most of porter's defensive players are gone and fuente has not replaced them with equal or better talent. I'm sorry but this years team has two big problems. 1. Our defensive coordinator isn't up to the job. He called another bad game. On Houston's game winning drive he played a zone and let Houston pick us a part. But when we had the ball last Houston wasn't gonna let Paxton beat them and they did a good job. 2. This defense has zero talent/difference makers. I only see one and that's Avery.

Will you PLEASE give it a rest. This loss is not on the defense. The defense played a damn good game holding Houston to close to 150 yards below their average. Alabama cannot spend the entire second half on the field without getting tired and giving up points. The defense busted their asses tonight and kept Houston's offense under control or the most part until they ran out of gas,. IT WAS THE OFFENSE who was responsible for this loss not the defense. On three series the offense had a 2 play drive that ended with a fumble. the defense held, then the offense came right back with another two play drive and an interception. Then came right back with a 3 and out. We had a large time of possession advantage at half. That was wiped out in the second half as the offense for the second straight game went into hibernation midway through the second half. We lost two of our top players on defense and players could not be substituted.
11-15-2015 05:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
Yeah, we need some more physical dudes up front,and a better class of db.
11-15-2015 08:13 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

About as stupid as it gets.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 08:29 AM by midtowncowboy.)
11-15-2015 08:28 AM
Advertisement

innman Offline
1st String

May not be that far off.

Porter had really good recruits he just did not know what to do with them. I do not believe this group on D is nearly as talented as the last two years. They try hard, but are slow, unorganized, make silly mistakes, and have low football IQ.
11-15-2015 08:52 AM
Crazier Online
All American

His offensive recruiting is solid but we need more depth on defense and get rid of the 3-4. Gentry and Pennington on the field at the same time would wreck havoc. We didn't recruit enough safety's and db's.
11-15-2015 09:02 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(11-15-2015 02:02 AM)mewes Wrote:  

What happens when a hard working two star goes up against a hard working three star.

What was Lynch, a 2 star? How about Elliot, Cross, Miller, Tank? Dumbest post of the day week month year.
11-15-2015 09:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

This makes all the sense in the world. 01-wingedeagle
11-15-2015 09:07 AM
mewes Offline
1st String

(11-15-2015 09:05 AM)mairving Wrote:  
(11-15-2015 02:02 AM)mewes Wrote:  

What was Lynch, a 2 star? How about Elliot, Cross, Miller, Tank? Dumbest post of the day week month year.

Lynch was a three star. I'm just saying that I could see that in his first three years he was recruiting kids that should be playing in FCS. Now that all of porters kids are gone we have no depth and I'm sorry and I'll agree that they try hard but the talent is lacking on that defense.
11-15-2015 09:38 AM
Advertisement

tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

Donators
This thread is nuts and demoralizing. All in all the game went very well.

Now, get ready for the next one and press on. 07-coffee3
11-15-2015 09:44 AM
tigerpolice Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Tigers

Coach Fuente won 10 games last year and will probably win 11 games this year with his walk ons. This is a stupid post.
11-15-2015 09:48 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Anyone who doesn't think we have talent issues om the defensive side of the ball is kidding themselves. We need immediate upgrade at LB and DB.
11-15-2015 09:52 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Another step on the well worn path.....
11-15-2015 10:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.