Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

keep your chin up, Rice guys
Bookmark and Share
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
keep your chin up, Rice guys
I regret the last touchdown. it looked like we were piling on.

Monken said in his aftergame that since y'all were pressing, he went for it.

Given our recent history, and given the fact that you guys have kicked our a$$es for the past few years . . . . well, I just regret the ending of that game.
11-14-2015 08:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

RE: keep your chin up, Rice guys
Monken said he was unhappy the final score was so high. In fairness, Rice was calling timeouts, scoring points, etc. until the end.
11-14-2015 08:10 PM
AllPtsBulletin Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Old School
Why apologize? Rice should make some plays.
11-14-2015 08:32 PM
Advertisement

EagleX Offline

(11-14-2015 08:32 PM)AllPtsBulletin Wrote:  Why apologize? Rice should make some plays.

there is a difference between regrets and apologies.
11-14-2015 08:48 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Remember, it's up to the defense to stop you. It's not up to the offense to put on the brakes. Not in today's college football world.
11-15-2015 11:29 AM
Advertisement

owl95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice
Zero problem with the scoring. We've gotta make a play and stop the offense, it's not on your team to slow themselves. 2nd string or whatever string, they gotta show what they can do if they get a chance to play. We hadn't lost a Homecoming game in 10 years. Hopefully for us this is a wakeup call that we need to make some changes on our side.
11-15-2015 04:23 PM
07owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
It doesn't bother me. It's a football game, you're supposed to try to score and we're supposed to try to stop you. Especially true for the backups who are trying to show something. We need to make some big changes, things are ugly this year...and what's pathetic is we still have a decent shot at bowl eligibility
11-16-2015 10:26 AM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(11-14-2015 08:10 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Monken said he was unhappy the final score was so high. In fairness, Rice was calling timeouts, scoring points, etc. until the end.

Yup. Rice was calling timeouts and still had their 1st team offense in against our backups backups with about 1:30 left in the 4th down by 62 points.
11-16-2015 11:04 AM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2015 04:23 PM)owl95 Wrote:  Zero problem with the scoring. We've gotta make a play and stop the offense, it's not on your team to slow themselves. 2nd string or whatever string, they gotta show what they can do if they get a chance to play. We hadn't lost a Homecoming game in 10 years. Hopefully for us this is a wakeup call that we need to make some changes on our side.

And since your homecoming opponent was decided BEFORE the season there was all the reason in the world to assume that this would have made 11 straight.
11-16-2015 12:24 PM
Advertisement

EagleX Offline

(11-16-2015 12:24 PM)usm99 Wrote:  
(11-15-2015 04:23 PM)owl95 Wrote:  Zero problem with the scoring. We've gotta make a play and stop the offense, it's not on your team to slow themselves. 2nd string or whatever string, they gotta show what they can do if they get a chance to play. We hadn't lost a Homecoming game in 10 years. Hopefully for us this is a wakeup call that we need to make some changes on our side.

And since your homecoming opponent was decided BEFORE the season there was all the reason in the world to assume that this would have made 11 straight.

bingo. two years ago (or whenever), scheduling us for homecoming made great sense.
11-16-2015 04:16 PM
Orange County Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice/Bradley/Iowa

New Orleans Bowl
Absolutely no problem with it. If we don't like it, we should stop you from doing it.

(If certain staff related changes happen as a result, we may be thanking you in the long term.)
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 04:55 PM by Orange County Owl.)
11-16-2015 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.