Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All MAC Awards
Bookmark and Share
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
All MAC Awards
I get there are two games left and they are huge games but as the season nears the end thought it might be good to speculate on potential MAC awards and NIU honorees.

Here are my guesses. Just doing the big awards and then NIU potential all conference honorees.

MVP: Johnson in a landslide
Offensive POY: Johnson but wouldn't be shocked if his WR Lewis won this
Defensive POY: Lurry No clue how good other defensive players are but he's probably going to finish the year 1-2 in the country in INTs and a big portion where huge
Coach of the Year: Babers. Could be Campbell but if they don't make the MACC I give slight edge to Babers.
Freshman of the Year: Honestly haven't heard much of a big time freshman. Bogan from WMU might be front runner
Special Teams: Christian Hagan. He's been lights out. Has the best % in league has had huge kicks and has a high total of points. Wouldn't be shocked if Ducee or Phillips from WMU had a shot as both are dynamic returners

Okay now on to potential NIU honorees
First Team
Ness - Some bad snaps but he's still the best blocking center in the conference
Lurry - not much needs to be said
Boomer Mays - Many people say he's the best MLB in the conference
Christian Hagan
Joel Bouganon - Leads conference in YPG, yards, TDs. He's as much as a lock as Lurry is as a first team player
Turner as Kick Returner - leads the conference in return yardage and average. If he's not first team it's because Darius Phillips from WMU is just as good

Second Team
Golladay - Loaded bunch at WR. Lewis is guaranteed first team for BG. I think Golladay is every bit as good as the WMU pair and Sharpe from UMass but they will more than likely have better numbers as they are passing teams
Aidan Conlon- probably a first teamed but just playing it safe
Perez Ford - First team talent and disrupter but stats are a little down
Marlon Moore - Could be first team, just a consistent player
Sean Folliard - he's everywhere and a heck of a player. NIU is really solid at OLB with him and the freshman

I don't see too many third team guys but there will be people that fall here. Maybe Ducee or TLL as a WR. Guy like Ben Compton or Brandon Mayes could come in here as well as Wimann since he has 4-5 TDs as a TE

I'd expect about 10-12 guys to be honored. NIU doesn't have the super stars as normal but they have about 4-5 locks as first team players.
11-12-2015 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
All MAC Awards
Disagree on Ness. Any center who cannot snap the ball does not even deserve to be on the 4th team. Ness has had a ton of problems snapping the ball for the past couple years. Our QBs have lost 10 pounds just bending for the ball.
11-12-2015 11:54 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: All MAC Awards
That's fine, I'm not saying he's an excellent snapper, because he's not, but he had snap problems last year, not to this level and was still first team. He's a solid blocker and has started so many games. I'd be surprised if he wasn't first team. Just my opinion though.
11-12-2015 12:03 PM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
I would say Turner MVP on special teams. Right now he is 3rd in the nation on return yards with 803.
11-12-2015 01:24 PM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Ness will likely be on the 1st team again largely based on the fact that he was first team last year.

Note - I did not think he was a first teamer last year, so I don't necessarily agree with it.
11-12-2015 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.