ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Home and Home with ECU
ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Home and Home with ECU
http://www.odusports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...=210487686

Not exactly a cool destination game but at least it is close.
11-11-2015 04:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmett003 Offline
All American

RE: Home and Home with ECU
Good addition to the future schedule!
11-11-2015 04:06 PM
Blue_Trombone Online
Heisman

This is exactly the game we've been looking for! A home and home with a great team that has a great following and is a drive-able game. Very happy that we were able to ink this H&H
11-11-2015 04:25 PM
ODU AGGIE Online
Heisman

That's a terrific home-and-home agreement. ECU is a solid program and is a great addition in 2018 for an easy-drive away game to go with our home games against Virginia Tech and VMI. Now we only need one more solid G5 school to finish out the OOC schedule for 2018. The next game on the 2018 schedule will also likely be on the road, but if we could get it at home, that would mean another season with seven home games.

In 2019 we have Virginia Tech and ECU on the road and Buffalo at home and need one more solid G5 at home to complete the OOC schedule. Personally, I would love to see a home and home with another AAC team such as Cincinnati, Memphis or even Temple. I would have included Navy, but I understand that their 2019 OOC schedule is full.

Attaboys to Dr. Selig and his staff who continue to do a super job.
11-11-2015 04:59 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2015 04:59 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  That's a terrific home-and-home agreement. ECU is a solid program and is a great addition in 2018 for an easy-drive away game to go with our home games against Virginia Tech and VMI. Now we only need one more solid G5 school to finish out the OOC schedule for 2018. The next game on the 2018 schedule will also likely be on the road, but if we could get it at home, that would mean another season with seven home games.

In 2019 we have Virginia Tech and ECU on the road and Buffalo at home and need one more solid G5 at home to complete the OOC schedule. Personally, I would love to see a home and home with another AAC team such as Cincinnati, Memphis or even Temple. I would have included Navy, but I understand that their 2019 OOC schedule is full.

I agree. If the end game is to one day be a serious contender for an AAC invite, I think we need to schedule and start beating some of those teams, not to mention win some of the ACC games.
11-11-2015 05:20 PM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
I love this addition to the schedule. I also think they are smart to be aware of over scheduling, as shown by the comments in the article about only going after UVA and other G5s for a while. After next season we have either 2 ACC teams or 1 ACC team and ECU each year through 2021. We need to keep a schedule that allows us a good chance for at least two wins out of conference. Playing 3 or 4 ACC teams in a season would be fun, but would likely keep even a pretty talented ODU team from bowling.
11-11-2015 05:42 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(11-11-2015 05:42 PM)monarx Wrote:  I love this addition to the schedule. I also think they are smart to be aware of over scheduling, as shown by the comments in the article about only going after UVA and other G5s for a while. After next season we have either 2 ACC teams or 1 ACC team and ECU each year through 2021. We need to keep a schedule that allows us a good chance for at least two wins out of conference. Playing 3 or 4 ACC teams in a season would be fun, but would likely keep even a pretty talented ODU team from bowling.

Yep, they've been smart about it.
11-11-2015 05:52 PM
ODUAlumni2015 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU, Penn State
We should be way more competitive with ECU by 2018. Good stuff!
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 06:16 PM by ODUAlumni2015.)
11-11-2015 06:16 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

Ah yes, the "Thanks for helping us escape the CAA" Rivalry. About time to resume it.
11-11-2015 06:18 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(11-11-2015 05:20 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 04:59 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  That's a terrific home-and-home agreement. ECU is a solid program and is a great addition in 2018 for an easy-drive away game to go with our home games against Virginia Tech and VMI. Now we only need one more solid G5 school to finish out the OOC schedule for 2018. The next game on the 2018 schedule will also likely be on the road, but if we could get it at home, that would mean another season with seven home games.

I agree. If the end game is to one day be a serious contender for an AAC invite, I think we need to schedule and start beating some of those teams, not to mention win some of the ACC games.

Temple refuses to play us and I imagine other AAC teams would follow their lead
11-11-2015 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
What is the timeline looking like for your stadium expansion?
11-11-2015 08:49 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Online

By 2019 :). Nobody on this board knows more than that really. Regarding timeline that is. Most feel were behind schedule and probably are. But I'd rather it take longer and do the research and plan correct than rush.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
11-11-2015 08:51 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(11-11-2015 08:51 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  By 2019 :). Nobody on this board knows more than that really. Regarding timeline that is. Most feel were behind schedule and probably are. But I'd rather it take longer and do the research and plan correct than rush.

Have plans/location?
Have financing?
Have a groundbreaking window?
11-11-2015 09:15 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(11-11-2015 09:15 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 08:51 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  By 2019 :). Nobody on this board knows more than that really. Regarding timeline that is. Most feel were behind schedule and probably are. But I'd rather it take longer and do the research and plan correct than rush.

Have plans/location?
Have financing?

Here is the most recent article from our beat writer on the new stadium. It'll give you a good idea of where we are at in this whole process.
http://www.pilotonline.com/sports/colleg...4c2ad.html
11-11-2015 09:32 PM
GhentFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU YALE MN NDSU

Have plans/location?
Have financing?

There are two sites that have been discussed by the school seriously.

-Rebuild /Expand at it's current location
or
-Build next to the water at a site currently occupied by student housing.

Populous is doing the study. http://populous.com/
Expect the study notes to be released December at the earliest.
More specifics will be released then. Until that date it's all speculation.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 09:33 PM by GhentFan.)
11-11-2015 09:32 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(11-11-2015 09:32 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  

Have plans/location?
Have financing?

There are two sites that have been discussed by the school seriously.

-Rebuild /Expand at it's current location
or
-Build next to the water at a site currently occupied by student housing.

Populous is doing the study. http://populous.com/
Expect the study notes to be released December at the earliest.
More specifics will be released then. Until that date it's all speculation.

OK.
11-11-2015 09:46 PM
Advertisement

ODU90 Offline
Bench Warmer

I think it's a safe bet that they'll fill open dates with one FCS team per season. Not sexy, but it would be a home game without a return game and likely win to help reach bowl eligibility.
11-12-2015 09:01 AM
GhentFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU YALE MN NDSU
I'm sure JMU fans would want to get in on our schedule, all the while saying something about how great they are.

In all seriousness, I like the expansion they did to their stadium. It's pretty cool. Though it does scream rich people only.
11-12-2015 09:07 AM
MonGNARch Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Ol' Dirty
(11-12-2015 09:01 AM)ODU90 Wrote:  

I think it's a safe bet that they'll fill open dates with one FCS team per season. Not sexy, but it would be a home game without a return game and likely win to help reach bowl eligibility.

Am I the only one who would love to see us play JMU or W&M again?
11-12-2015 09:08 AM
Friar Tuck 4400 Offline
2nd String

(11-12-2015 09:08 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  Am I the only one who would love to see us play JMU or W&M again?

I'd like to see us phase out the FCS teams in the next few years. It won't happen but we have nothing to gain by winning that we don't get playing a lower end G5 and everything to lose should we happen to get caught flat footed that day.
11-12-2015 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.