Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please?
Bookmark and Share
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
Please?
No more illusions about our defense. And it's quite obvious our offense line was recruited out of Ithaca. To be fair to Bono, this sh!t was recruited by an mSU dud! This is what happens when you only recruit in-state and a couple of nearby states. This game and its finish was as predictable as all the other losses.
11-11-2015 06:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
RE: Please?
CE, I thought the entire team took 15+ minutes to wake up. We came out a little sluggish for whatever reason, and it was during that time Toledo scored three of its four TDs. On their long TD run, there were three guys near the RB who looked like they weren't even aware he was there. He ran past them, while they looked like they were frozen in amber or something. 03-hissyfit

If you had told me before the game that we'd hold UT to 28 points, I would have thought we'd won. However, we squandered a golden opportunity by turning a 1st & goal at the 2 into a 2nd & 33. 03-puke I will say that I don't understand how you can call offensive PI on a pass thrown high through the back of the endzone (i.e. uncatchable), but we made matters even worse after that. That score would have put us in the lead, and if that happened, who knows? However, we blew it. 03-banghead

The OL has been underachieving, IMO, for a couple of seasons now. Their pass-blocking has improved, but once UT started aggressively blitzing, Cooper had to spend too much time running and extending plays. IDK if it has been subpar coaching since Cummings left (possible), or it they are just not that athletic, or what. I know we have a couple of So starters this season who will (I hope) improve, but even Ahmetti and Beamish, IMO, have not played up to potential. Ahmetti has been dealing with a back issue, we now know, so that probably explains some of it. I actually thing Jack Ford has more upside at LT, so with the right coaching up, I have hopes for him. He has a gimpy ankle right now though.

Bottom line, there is a slim margin between us and WMU and us and Toledo right now. That much is evident. I do think Bono may be the guy to take us up a couple notches; the team certainly never quits under him, and even after a terrible start, we got right back in the game.

After what I have seen of Kent and EMU this season, I expect us to finish 7-5 and get to a bowl. Hopefully that will not only help recruiting but give us some needed practice time. And I think the OL coach may be packing his bags this offseason.
11-11-2015 02:07 PM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
Very good analysis, CMF. When we play ten yards off receivers that automatically tells you the calibre of our dbs. And the ref warning the cheerleaders and band????? I would have started the STFU chant! Where the hell do they get these guys? Also, I blame the Mt. Pleasant community, you know, the ones who have made oodles of money off these students for the poor butts in the seats showing. Students should boycott local businesses until local bodies show support by attending games. 01-lauramac2
11-11-2015 02:18 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(11-11-2015 02:18 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Very good analysis, CMF. When we play ten yards off receivers that automatically tells you the calibre of our dbs. And the ref warning the cheerleaders and band????? I would have started the STFU chant! Where the hell do they get these guys? Also, I blame the Mt. Pleasant community, you know, the ones who have made oodles of money off these students for the poor butts in the seats showing. Students should boycott local businesses until local bodies show support by attending games. 01-lauramac2

The weeknight games are also attendance killers, but yes, we need more support in general. If we can get 14K for the EMU game, that would be nice, but again, a black Friday game against a weak opponent doesn't help.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 05:51 PM by CMichFan.)
11-11-2015 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.