Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Majority of Us Do Not Believe EMU Football Headed In the Right Direction
Bookmark and Share
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Majority of Us Do Not Believe EMU Football Headed In the Right Direction
I have some major concerns with Creighton and the direction of EMU football :

1) I was afraid that we would see split time at the QB position. The QB position is really the only position where the football prognosticators agree that grooming is allowed and patience is required to allow the QB to develop. Well I believe EMU is ruining Roback. Yes, I know he has made bad decisions but no one can deny his combination of athletic ability and arm strength. If we rotate QBs during the game, then a rhythm can not be established. Also a rhythm by a clear starter can not be made with the 1st team during practice, etc. This is why 99% of football teams do not rotate QBs. Roback is young and we should have used this year to develop him......but instead we disrupt the team with a rotation.

2) Offense clearly sputtered with a rotating QB scheme. Ultimately Freight on made this decision and it is a bad one.

3) Creighton hired our defensive coordinator.This makes me very concerned on his ability to understand and evaluate coaches, systems, and strategies to implement. Our defense is the worst part in FBS football.

4) Can Creighton recruit and evaluate talent? How can Bronson Hill not be the featured RB but yet this guy is on the cusp of making an NFL roster??? This leaves me scratching my head.

So here we are at year two with a worse team than year one. The coaches came into this season claiming that all of the players were so much further ahead over last season because of familiarity with the system. I don't want to hear any excuses about injuries because every team has them. Clearly Freight on is not showing me he can generate schemes with his players that can compete.

So we will end up 1-11 and some of you will rave about this year's Recruiting class. Next spring, some of you will start predicting a 6-7 win season. Listen, the first thing Creighton needs to accomplish is coaching a team that can compete. Will it be year 3?????

Finally I like coach creighton and want him to succeed. I like how he begins each day with a prayer at his staff meeting. I like the respect he gives our players, students, administration, fans and the public. He is a great motivator, speaker and ambassador for EMU. However, bad things happen to good people. He is making $400k and is a big boy who can handle criticism. In my mind I am not excited with the direction of our football team based on his coaching decisions..........
11-07-2015 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

RE: Majority of Us Do Not Believe EMU Football Headed In the Right Direction
The football program is not worthy of any serious discussion anymore. They just suck and that is really all that needs to be said.
11-07-2015 08:11 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(11-07-2015 07:47 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I have some major concerns with Creighton and the direction of EMU football :

1) I was afraid that we would see split time at the QB position. The QB position is really the only position where the football prognosticators agree that grooming is allowed and patience is required to allow the QB to develop. Well I believe EMU is ruining Roback. Yes, I know he has made bad decisions but no one can deny his combination of athletic ability and arm strength. If we rotate QBs during the game, then a rhythm can not be established. Also a rhythm by a clear starter can not be made with the 1st team during practice, etc. This is why 99% of football teams do not rotate QBs. Roback is young and we should have used this year to develop him......but instead we disrupt the team with a rotation.

2) Offense clearly sputtered with a rotating QB scheme. Ultimately Freight on made this decision and it is a bad one.

3) Creighton hired our defensive coordinator.This makes me very concerned on his ability to understand and evaluate coaches, systems, and strategies to implement. Our defense is the worst part in FBS football.

4) Can Creighton recruit and evaluate talent? How can Bronson Hill not be the featured RB but yet this guy is on the cusp of making an NFL roster??? This leaves me scratching my head.

So here we are at year two with a worse team than year one. The coaches came into this season claiming that all of the players were so much further ahead over last season because of familiarity with the system. I don't want to hear any excuses about injuries because every team has them. Clearly Freight on is not showing me he can generate schemes with his players that can compete.

So we will end up 1-11 and some of you will rave about this year's Recruiting class. Next spring, some of you will start predicting a 6-7 win season. Listen, the first thing Creighton needs to accomplish is coaching a team that can compete. Will it be year 3?????

Finally I like coach creighton and want him to succeed. I like how he begins each day with a prayer at his staff meeting. I like the respect he gives our players, students, administration, fans and the public. He is a great motivator, speaker and ambassador for EMU. However, bad things happen to good people. He is making $400k and is a big boy who can handle criticism. In my mind I am not excited with the direction of our football team based on his coaching decisions..........

Haha, what majority? The majority who have no patience and know little about football. Sure. Your constant harping on the coaching in the early stages of a complete overhaul of one of the worst programs in the country, quickly makes this thread worthless.

The problem with this team is a lack of talent.....first, second, and third. The guys that are going to turn this program around are primarily the guys the new staff is putting together. Right now they are working with a lot of dead weight from the English debacle. This is a natural process of turning the roster over.

Let's talk midway through next season. The direction will be obvious.
11-07-2015 08:29 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

English debacle? Compared to Creighton, English is Amos Alonzo Stagg. Earth to Eagle (not) Tough, Creighton cannot coach at the scholarship level.
11-07-2015 08:36 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(11-07-2015 08:11 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  The football program is not worthy of any serious discussion anymore. They just suck and that is really all that needs to be said.

Bob sucks worse than EMU football, THAT'S all that really needs to be said.
11-07-2015 08:47 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

(11-07-2015 08:47 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 08:11 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  The football program is not worthy of any serious discussion anymore. They just suck and that is really all that needs to be said.

Still wondering why you haven't placed Bob on your ignore list. He adds nothing to the discussion.
11-07-2015 08:52 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

(11-07-2015 08:52 PM)HuronRob Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 08:47 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

Still wondering why you haven't placed Bob on your ignore list. He adds nothing to the discussion.

2 games left, then I'll do it, I promise. 03-cool
11-07-2015 10:02 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

By the majority, I meant to say the 20,000 fans that spend their money on other forms of entertainment. I was at Rynearson stadium when we filled it to capacity with 19000 fans and many, many more uncounted fans tailgating where the convo is located now.

Time for a major overhaul. This year's Recruiting class will be very poorly rated because " the good recruits " will go to a coach on the upside. We will get the players nobody wants or the D2 player looking to play D1.

Hope I am wrong!
11-08-2015 07:20 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

In my opinion chris is the best coach we can afford and I'm willing to stay with him for the full 5 years of his contract.
11-08-2015 07:48 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(11-08-2015 07:48 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  In my opinion chris is the best coach we can afford and I'm willing to stay with him for the full 5 years of his contract.

This should be interesting:

Winning = f (talent, coaching).

F = function.

In the most obvious cases, e.g., OSU, Urban Meyer is an exceptional coach and has exceptional talent.

I'm willing to give CC the benefit of the doubt on coaching ability, but can he get the talent needed to win???

I'm am NO where as optimistic as some on FB recruiting. I see a few bright spots, but do remember, that he has had say 45 scholarships to give over the past two years.

We might have some stars out of these classes, but do we have ENOUGH? How do our frosh and sophs compare to say the frosh and sophs at WMU? Toledo? CMU?
11-08-2015 08:31 AM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

I Root For: emu
(11-08-2015 08:31 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 07:48 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  In my opinion chris is the best coach we can afford and I'm willing to stay with him for the full 5 years of his contract.

F = function.

In the most obvious cases, e.g., OSU, Urban Meyer is an exceptional coach and has exceptional talent.

I'm willing to give CC the benefit of the doubt on coaching ability, but can he get the talent needed to win???

I'm am NO where as optimistic as some on FB recruiting. I see a few bright spots, but do remember, that he has had say 45 scholarships to give over the past two years.

We might have some stars out of these classes, but do we have ENOUGH? How do our frosh and sophs compare to say the frosh and sophs at WMU? Toledo? CMU?

Urban Meyer has never had a job as tough as EMU.
11-08-2015 09:22 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(11-08-2015 09:22 AM)ljmhurons Wrote:  

F = function.

True, BG is no EMU. (I will need to check BG's record for the year or years before he arrived there).
11-08-2015 09:26 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2015 07:20 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  By the majority, I meant to say the 20,000 fans that spend their money on other forms of entertainment. I was at Rynearson stadium when we filled it to capacity with 19000 fans and many, many more uncounted fans tailgating where the convo is located now.

Time for a major overhaul. This year's Recruiting class will be very poorly rated because " the good recruits " will go to a coach on the upside. We will get the players nobody wants or the D2 player looking to play D1.

Hope I am wrong!

You're definitely wrong with the 2016 class, I follow EMU recruiting closely and maybe you're not aware but guys like Justice Williams and others are players that Toledo and WMU are or were recruiting.
11-08-2015 09:45 AM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(11-08-2015 09:26 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:22 AM)ljmhurons Wrote:  

F = function.

True, BG is no EMU. (I will need to check BG's record for the year or years before he arrived there).

Meyer has done great everywhere including BG, but he has never faced the obstacles that EMU presents.
11-08-2015 09:47 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm willing to stick with Creighton as well but he'll have to evaluate his staff at the end of this year and make some difficult decisions.

I have noticed decreased CC twitter posts, shorter post game conferences some without his assistants. I'm sure this season has been frustrating in many many ways including the injuries.
11-08-2015 09:49 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

I'm gonna echo 79. Of all people, I think Chris deserves the time we gave other coaches. Yesterday was probably the ugliest loss of the season, but there are some areas we have undoubtedly improved in from last season.

That said, what's going on the defense is totally unacceptable. If there aren't some serious changes in scheme and coaching personnel between now and next season, I'll have some tough questions for CC. This guy has won everywhere he's been. He should know what we have going on on the defensive side will render useless any improvement anywhere else on the squad. He HAS to do something in 3 weeks when this season is over.
11-08-2015 10:31 AM
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

F = function.

Steve, well put. Although you summarized the function very well so far I am not in alignment with you on his coaching ability.
11-08-2015 10:32 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(11-08-2015 09:45 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 07:20 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  By the majority, I meant to say the 20,000 fans that spend their money on other forms of entertainment. I was at Rynearson stadium when we filled it to capacity with 19000 fans and many, many more uncounted fans tailgating where the convo is located now.

Hope I am wrong!

You're definitely wrong with the 2016 class, I follow EMU recruiting closely and maybe you're not aware but guys like Justice Williams and others are players that Toledo and WMU are or were recruiting.
Yeah, OK you mention two players. We will see if they sign elsewhere. I hope not but EMU and Creighton will be painted that we're on down swing......how could we get lower, right?
11-08-2015 10:35 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2015 10:35 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:45 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

Hope I am wrong!

Yeah, OK you mention two players. We will see if they sign elsewhere. I hope not but EMU and Creighton will be painted that we're on down swing......how could we get lower, right?

My suggestion is that you look at the ESPN ratings on some of our verbals I think you'll be surprised. We were down when CC brought his first two classes in as well.
11-08-2015 11:01 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well to Steve's point, the MAC West has gotten to be a super tough, but we need to beat schools like Ball State, Miami OH UMass, Old Dominion and Army that needs to be our immediate goal. And yes we're not there yet.

This clip actually saddens me:

http://www.emueagles.com/custompages/foo...110715.mp3

Where is the energy level and pride from the players and the coaches? Don't they believe they can win or don't they really want to win? I agree that first Miami position I saw yesterday I thought to myself are these guys even trying?
11-08-2015 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.