Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB lands Notre Dame transfer
Bookmark and Share
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Exclamation UAB lands Notre Dame transfer
Former Notre Dame redshirt sophomore RB Greg Bryant committed to UAB for the 2016 season.
UAB's football program returns in 2016, but likely won't be allowed to play in a bowl game until 2017. Conference USA has yet to determine if UAB will be a full football member its first year back as well. Bryant was ruled academically ineligible prior to the start of the season after previously being on suspension. By all accounts he is a very talented running back and would have seen a number of carries this year for the Irish. He spent the 2015 season at the JUCO level.

https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/661963546796797952
11-04-2015 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dblaze Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
RE: UAB lands Notre Dame transfer
That's a huge pickup for us!

Originally a 5 star recruit and overall #3 RB.
[Image: UAB_5star.png]
Rivals.com link
11-04-2015 03:04 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Greg Bryant was a 4 star or 5 start RB depending on where you look. Was the #2 RB in the nation.

2017 will be our first year back and we will be bowl eligible immediately. This is one of a number of recent high profile commitments for UAB including a former 4-star DL and 5-star LB previously signed at LSU.
11-04-2015 03:05 PM
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
Good pick up and I pray for the best for the kid.

Congrats!
11-04-2015 03:19 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

(11-04-2015 03:05 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Greg Bryant was a 4 star or 5 start RB depending on where you look. Was the #2 RB in the nation.

2017 will be our first year back and we will be bowl eligible immediately. This is one of a number of recent high profile commitments for UAB including a former 4-star DL and 5-star LB previously signed at LSU.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves here. UAB will be lucky to have any depth in 2017. It is certainly possible to win 6 games assuming there are still 6-7 CUSA programs semi in the dumpster when we come back, but it shouldn't be something that is expected. Winning 2-4 games in your first year after giving yourself a death penalty would be a huge accomplishment.
11-04-2015 03:20 PM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
wonder when the decision about UAB will be made whether they will be a full member next season
11-04-2015 03:33 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

UAB lands Notre Dame transfer
(11-04-2015 03:20 PM)Shrack Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 03:05 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Greg Bryant was a 4 star or 5 start RB depending on where you look. Was the #2 RB in the nation.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves here. UAB will be lucky to have any depth in 2017. It is certainly possible to win 6 games assuming there are still 6-7 CUSA programs semi in the dumpster when we come back, but it shouldn't be something that is expected. Winning 2-4 games in your first year after giving yourself a death penalty would be a huge accomplishment.

Certainly premature to predict anything major. Still have the rest of this recruiting class and 2 more. A lot will be determined by the quality of those recruiting classes. Definitely headed in the right direction though when you have multiple recent additions to the roster that would represent the top players in all of UAB history (at least on paper). How they actually perform and how our team plays as a unit is anyone's guess at this point. Too many unknown elements at this stage.
11-04-2015 03:54 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-04-2015 03:33 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  wonder when the decision about UAB will be made whether they will be a full member next season

UAB will not field a football team until 2017. Meantime, UAB maintain it's full CUSA membership (sans football) until '17, when UAB football will enter play as a full member.
11-04-2015 04:25 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Narrator: In 2014 a solid football team was sent to the budget room floor by a court of Trustees for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Birmingham underground. Today, still wanted by the Crimson Tide machine, they survive as players of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the UAB-Team.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 05:48 PM by CameramanJ.)
11-04-2015 05:46 PM
Advertisement

dblaze Offline
2nd String

(11-04-2015 05:46 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  Narrator: In 2014 a solid football team was sent to the budget room floor by a court of Trustees for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Birmingham underground. Today, still wanted by the Crimson Tide machine, they survive as players of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the UAB-Team.

Thanks. I got a nice little chuckle out of that.
11-04-2015 05:50 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
UAB will have ONE advantage (amidst a sea of disadvantages) is that a UAB recruiter can walk into a recruit's living room and promise he will play from the very first season.
11-04-2015 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
It may be but the damage is done and Watts has cost us millions.
11-05-2015 01:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.