Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"If you can’t handle (CNBC), I don’t think the Chinese and Russians are too worried."
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
"If you can’t handle (CNBC), I don’t think the Chinese and Russians are too worried."
President Obama's in his element here. 01-ncaabbs

[Image: 563823e31400002b003c9bdf.jpeg]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obam...4d2e0bafb5
Quote:President Barack Obama took shots at the Republican presidential candidates who have accused him of being weak on foreign policy, telling supporters on Monday that the GOP’s criticisms are unfounded because they “can’t handle a bunch of CNBC moderators,” referencing their outrage over last week’s CNBC Republican debate.

"Let me tell you, if you can’t handle those guys, then I don’t think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried," he said at a Democratic fundraiser in New York.

Keeping with his more laid-back demeanor in recent months, Obama again skewered his Republican opponents, bringing back some favorite jabs he has deployed at previous Democratic fundraisers, like critiquing the GOP’s constant “grumpiness” over any of his policies and how “they occupy a different reality.”

On Monday, he took specific aim at climate-change deniers, calling the time when Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) brought a snowball onto the Senate floor to attempt to disprove the existence of climate change “cray.”

“I’m not making that up. That’s what happened. That’s crazy. I was going to quote Kanye [West], but this is a family audience. But that's cray,” he said to laughter from the audience.

He also described Democrats as people who “try to base our analysis on facts and reason,” skewering Republicans for dismissing the overwhelming scientific consensus on climate change.

“If you go to 100 doctors, and 99 of them tell you have diabetes, you wouldn’t say, ‘Ah, that’s a conspiracy. All 99 doctors got together with Obama to keep me from having bacon and donuts,’” he joked. “You wouldn’t do that.”

[Image: Screen_Shot_2015-11-01_at_12.35.42_PM.png?1446410171]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2015-11-02_at_7.59.42_AM.png?1446480066]
11-03-2015 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: "If you can’t handle (CNBC), I don’t think the Chinese and Russians are too worried."
Heh, as if they're worried about Obama.
11-03-2015 10:10 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: "If you can’t handle (CNBC), I don’t think the Chinese and Russians are too worried."
They seemed to handle CNBC just fine. The moderators left with their tails between their legs and egg on their face. The debate had no substance and CNBC was the loser.
11-03-2015 10:23 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: "If you can’t handle (CNBC), I don’t think the Chinese and Russians are too w...
(11-03-2015 10:10 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Heh, as if they're worried about Obama.

[Image: 3861110-force+deflection.gif]
11-03-2015 10:25 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

[Image: 11148646_1058395800857550_53623007635253...e=56BCE88B]
11-03-2015 10:26 AM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
Obama hasn't been asked a difficult question from the media in 7 years.
11-03-2015 10:39 AM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Good line - will resonate with a lot of people. Republicans here can try to laugh or meme it off, but it reminds me of the Lloyd Bentsen put down of Dan Quayle ("You're no Jack Kennedy). Of course that didn't help Dukakis-Bentsen win but it did pretty much kill Quayle's political career.

The bottom line is if the Republicans continue to ***** and moan about the moderators (or the media in general), they're going to start looking real weak. In fact, there is a real opportunity for one of the candidates to say something along the lines of 'I'm not going to worry about the media/moderators, I'm more focused on the economy or foreign affairs.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 10:42 AM by Fort Bend Owl.)
11-03-2015 10:40 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Wanting to debate issues at a debate instead of contending with "journalistic" sniping. Novel concept.
11-03-2015 10:41 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Obama can't handle D'Souza so he prosecuted him. He didn't like the documentary he did on Obama.
It must have hit a little too close to home.
11-03-2015 10:47 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
RE: "If you can’t handle (CNBC), I don’t think the Chinese and Russians are too w...
There is a precedent for this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/06/18/...again.html

Quote:Speaking on NBC Tuesday, the president said this:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: First of all, I've got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration. I mean, that's a pretty...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I assume you're talking about FOX.

OBAMA: Well, that's a pretty big megaphone. And you'd be hard-pressed if you watched the entire day to — to find a positive story about me on that front.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/...ews-again/

Quote:President Barack Obama took a shot at Fox News during a speech on the economy Thursday.

The president was saying the economy is stronger than before he took office, and so Republicans have less to complain about.

“There’s a reason fewer Republicans are preaching doom on the deficits – it’s because the deficits have come down at almost a record pace and they’re now manageable,” Obama said. “There’s a reason fewer Republicans, you hear them running around about Obamacare – because while good, affordable health care might seem like a fanged threat to the freedom of the American people on Fox News, it turns out it’s working pretty well in the real world.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...san-media/

Quote:In an interview with Vox’s Ezra Klein, President Obama complained about the partisan nature of old media outlets including MSNBC and Fox News and pointed out the benefits of bypassing them in favor of new media.

Obama blamed partisan news outlets for feeding the political divide in the country.

“The balkanization of the media means that we just don’t have a common place where we get common facts and a common worldview the way we did 20, 30 years ago,” he said. “And that just keeps on accelerating, you know.”

Obama cited the “Fox News/Rush Limbaugh folks” on the right and the “MSNBC folks” on the left.

Obama couldn't handle Fox News and he couldn't handle ISIS. Or Putin. Or Iran.
11-03-2015 10:47 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(11-03-2015 10:40 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Good line - will resonate with a lot of people. Republicans here can try to laugh or meme it off, but it reminds me of the Lloyd Bentsen put down of Dan Quayle ("You're no Jack Kennedy). Of course that didn't help Dukakis-Bentsen win but it did pretty much kill Quayle's political career.

The bottom line is if the Republicans continue to ***** and moan about the moderators (or the media in general), they're going to start looking real weak. In fact, there is a real opportunity for one of the candidates to say something along the lines of 'I'm not going to worry about the media/moderators, I'm more focused on the economy or foreign affairs.

Meh, I don't see it as a problem for the Republicans. As a whole our nation is a collection of sheep. There could be a video of one of the candidates robbing a bank and Republicans and Democrat voters alike would not vote for the other candidate.

The make or break point for both parties is whether their constituency gets to the voting both. The Republicans are banking that this attack on the moderators will get their people to vote.
11-03-2015 10:54 AM
Advertisement

MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
(11-03-2015 10:47 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  Obama couldn't handle Fox News and he couldn't handle ISIS. Or Putin. Or Iran.

And now we can close the thread on Kenyan Barry's failed attempt at humor.
11-03-2015 11:14 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Quote:This is my last election ... After my election I have more flexibility

to grab my ankles.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 11:15 AM by QuestionSocratic.)
11-03-2015 11:14 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(11-03-2015 10:47 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Obama can't handle D'Souza so he prosecuted him. He didn't like the documentary he did on Obama.
It must have hit a little too close to home.

03-lmfao

Yes or no, did D'Souza commit a crime?
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 11:16 AM by Redwingtom.)
11-03-2015 11:15 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Joke of a man, if we can even call him that.
11-03-2015 11:26 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(11-03-2015 10:23 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  They seemed to handle CNBC just fine. The moderators left with their tails between their legs and egg on their face. The debate had no substance and CNBC was the loser.

Yeah right. And that's why they are asking for new debate demands?
11-03-2015 11:41 AM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(11-03-2015 11:41 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 10:23 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  They seemed to handle CNBC just fine. The moderators left with their tails between their legs and egg on their face. The debate had no substance and CNBC was the loser.

Just because you can handle a root canal, does that mean you should WANT another one?
11-03-2015 11:42 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(11-03-2015 11:42 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

Just because you can handle a root canal, does that mean you should WANT another one?

If being president meant you could pick and choose which foreign leaders you want to deal with, I would agree with you.
11-03-2015 11:44 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Obummer couldnt even handle Putin's jockstrap. What a joke of a President we have.
11-03-2015 11:47 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU

Depends on the candidate, really. They all have their demands. The goal should be substantive discussion on policy. In order for that to happen, the need to cut the field to 4 or 5. Next week's debate would have 8 if they follow their guidelines as Kasich and Christie have fallen below 2.5%. Let's see if they hold to that.
11-03-2015 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.